Subsplash Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
Tim Turner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Humble, Hardworking, Honest"

I have been working at Subsplash full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Subsplash has core values and sticks to them. The team is for one another and works hard to put clients and consumers of our product first. Everyone has a voice, and from my perspective enjoys one another! The co-workers are friends vibe is part of what makes this a unique place to be. The team is led by humble leaders who are big dreamers and value supporting their respective teams. With company growth, there are more career opportunities. We are constantly reminded of the mission of our company and decisions are made so we continue to strive to serve the church with honesty.

Cons

Being in the tech industry, there are constant changes and improvements, not necessarily a con but it keeps you on your toes and you have to be willing and ready to switch gears and processes.
    There's so many levels of career opportunities here, but I wouldn't say compensation is sustainable for all roles, especially living in the bustling, yet pricey city of Seattle.

Advice to Management

There is a lot of dreaming and action that happens at the higher level (all positive), but those working hand in hand with our clients have valuable feedback and perspective. Collaboration between these voices and the decision makers would help as the company continues to grow.

2. "An Amazing Company Fueled by Great People"

I have been working at Subsplash full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am continually impressed by Subsplash and working here has been an honor. I love the team, the people, and the work I do. I don't stress about work, I don't take it home with me, and I'm happy being here! We are a fast growing company and there always feels like a lot of opportunity to move into new positions.

- Great team
    - Kind-hearted people
    - Lots of room for advancement
    -Fun perks, frequent team events and outings
    - Engaging, challenging work that is never the same
    - Company is highly transparent. They don't keep their employees in the dark.

Cons

- The compensation needs to be higher. The level of work and quality of work we do every day deserves a higher pay scale. Subsplash would 100% be my career choice if the pay was better.
    - Higher-ups promise new features to public with a concrete timeline, but often have to extend that timeline. Support/Client Success/Sales bear the brunt of the pushback from clients.

Advice to Management

I will definitely acknowledge that there have been some great, concrete steps towards making our employee benefits better. I would recommend increasing the pay for employees. We are seeing turnover of great employees and I believe a lot of it is due to the wages.

Aside from that, I would caution the company not to promise big features publicly (specifically in the Keynote) with a specific timeline until it's know whether that timeline can be reasonably met.

Overall, I love being a part of the Subsplash team!

Sep 25, 2017 – People Operations Coordinator

We are so happy you enjoy being apart of the team! Thanks for your feedback. Our People Operations Director has been working very hard on implementing systems to make sure our compensation is... More

"Great culture, even better mission!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

One of the best company missions out there. The work is rewarding and hearing delight from clients fuels a passion for our work.

The majority of employees are great people and sociable. Everyone seems to truly care about one another.

A new HR department has greatly increased employee satisfaction. Company meals and events are common and have done great to create a fantastic company culture.

Cons

The parking is overcrowded, but that is due to quick and consistent company growth.

At times, Leadership seems to make decisions with little explanation to the main employee body. This can leave employees wondering why something happened the way it did.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent and open to discussion. While no workplace can take every single person’s advice into consideration, understanding the reasoning behind why something happened is critical to employees being able to trust those in Leadership.

Aug 24, 2017 – People Operations Coordinator

We are so glad to hear you feel rewarded by the work you do!! We agree, Subsplash does have "great people"! Also, thank you for noticing the big and small improvements we are making to... More

"Great Mission, Incredible Staff"

Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Subsplash full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Subsplash over a year and it is truly a special place. Great work/life balance and very understanding if a family emergency should arise.

Subsplash is growing very quickly and of course there are some growing pains that go along with that (like limited office space) but they recently brought on a new HR Director and that has had a huge impact on expanding employee benefits (like vacation policy).

The entire team is invested in the mission to genuinely help and serve churches/ministries spread the name of Jesus and make disciples. If you don't buy into that mission, you probably won't be a good company culture fit because Subsplash could make much more money by raising the price of their services (which they easily could justify because the quality of the product is far superior to others in this space) but they company consciously chooses to offer the best product at a price that any church can afford.

Cons

The compensation is ok, not great but enough. Again you have to understand you are working to serve the Church. If you want to manipulate and squeeze the Church for more money there is a company out there that would love to have you, but that won’t fly at Subsplash.

Jul 21, 2017 – People Operations Coordinator

We appreciate your honest feedback about working at Subsplash! We truly value work/life balance so we are excited to know you enjoy this part of the company. We have recently revamped our... More

5. "Great work/life balance, needs serious improvement in diversity"

I have been working at Subsplash full-time

Pros

- Fantastic Supervisors

- Good work/life balance

- Work from home day

- Great coworkers

- challenging work environment with growth opportunities

Cons

- Virtually no diversity in company.

- Pay isnt great. Definitely below industry average.

- The office is located in a very expensive part of the city, that is super inconvenient to get to by commute.

- Culture can be a bit cliquey at times.

Advice to Management

Subsplash says that Innovation, Humility, and Excellence drives this company, and more than most companies, they do deliver on their values. Their culture exudes a sense of competent excitement that makes it easy for employees to be swept up in their mission. However, Diversity matters, and saying you have a hard time finding diverse candidates is not a good excuse. Almost all new hires are white, evangelicals males in their twenties or thirties. Leaders hire not only for where the company is currently at, but where you want the company to be. I would like to see them strive for innovative ways to seek out diverse candidates, use humility in understanding how new perspectives can strengthen the company, and aim to be an increasingly excellent environment for every person who walks in the front door.

Aug 7, 2017 – People Operations Coordinator

We deeply appreciate the feedback you’ve provided. We love the work/life balance as well and we’re happy to see it’s bringing you delight. We acknowledge that there is work that needs to be done in... More

"Watch out"

I worked at Subsplash full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smoothies, good location if you live in North seattle

Cons

Inability to maintain values in day to day, no management of time during meetings, poor decision making skills, lack of innovation and primarily reactionary strategy, unwilling to invest in employees to enable them to succeed

Advice to Management

Engage with problem areas of the company instead of ignoring employee or team struggles. Protect employees from harassment and unrealistic workloads. Live out the core values in all areas and all interactions internally.

Aug 7, 2017 – People Operations Coordinator

Thank you for your candor - we are always looking for constructive ways to improve and thrive. As we grow and adapt, we are learning the best ways to maintain a culture of delight for all of our... More

7. "Client Success Manager"

Current Employee - Client Success Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Subsplash full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My time at Subsplash has truly transformed my career. There is a lot of room for entrepreneurial ideas and they encourage feedback for team growth. My team is filled with the most genuine, thoughtful, and inspirational people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. However long I stay at Subsplash, I know that as long as you stay invested and keep moving forward, the leadership will never stop investing in you.

Cons

The pay is lower than what you would receive at a larger company like Amazon, but it seems that as the company continues to expand, they are taking steps to stay competitive.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Jul 19, 2017 – People Operations Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback - it is so important to our growth and improvement! We are so happy that you enjoy working at Subsplash and that you feel like your ideas and talents are valued. Our team... More

8. "Leaders in the Field, Servants in the Boardroom"

I have been working at Subsplash full-time (More than a year)

Pros

_Senior leadership has continually made Decisions that benefit our client base and employees and set the company up for long-term success versus simply quarterly or annual profits.
    _Subsplash Runs itself like the family owned business it is.
    _Middle management is kind, reasonable, and truly interested in the well-being of their employees and the company.
    _Goals are lofty but feasible, and there is always a plan to hit the next goal.
    _Very positive reinforcement from client base, Subsplash continues to be a primary communication, content delivery, and merchant services provider for thousands of Churches worldwide and we continue to grow.
    _Compensation is Great and is on par with others in the industry
    _personaly i have Grown in my skillset and in my knowledge base.

Cons

_growing pains: Software as a service means we need to provide software that is crazy intuitive were getting there but it's a journey.
    _ Our software can change quickly but internaly organizationally we can be slow to move.
    _We have chosen to operate on a cash basis which means Lots of Work to do with limited Resources

Advice to Management

_subsplash is on an awesome growth track, hiring people that embody our core values should remain central.

9. "A Company with a Soul"

I have been working at Subsplash full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work on the Client Success Management Team, and I can say unequivocally that Subsplash is the best job I've ever worked at. This is a company which values all voices, does not play hierarchy/politics in meetings, and seeks the care of our clients above the "bottom line." This is a company dedicated to creating world-class software at an incredibly low cost to our clients, while offering unparalleled support to every client we have. As a CSM, I have had the privilege to grow with this team, set goals for the year, and work with my coworkers to maximize our clients adoption of the Subsplash Platform. I get paid to help people get more value for their money! How great is that?!?

Cons

Subsplash is between "start-up" and "established" tech company. With that, there are some growing pains as new systems and organization is put in place. These are not cons necessarily, but more a reality of a growing company that employees should know.

Advice to Management

With goal setting, establish hard timelines and fight to keep them. Sometimes goals change to the point that execution/performance feels some whiplash. This is getting better with the establishment of monthly, quarterly, and annual goals, but we can continue to grow in keeping these consistent.

10. "A Great Company with Great People"

I have been working at Subsplash full-time

Pros

Really love the people here. Some of the most kind, genuine, and hard-working people you will ever meet. A nice work space that is close to Ballard, Queen Anne, and Magnolia. Able to achieve a great work/life balance on a daily basis and weekly work from home days are a bonus.

Cons

Very limited vacation time and fairly strict on policy. Getting distracted as a company and not finishing what we start, or trying to do too many disparate things at once.

Advice to Management

Commit to finishing our priorities and do them well. Listen to our clients first and foremost. Don't get distracted by the competition.