Found 233 of over 250 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Management is awesome and the growth is awesome" (in 11 reviews)
- "Work life balance is not good." (in 8 reviews)
- "After basic training is done you go into MANDATORY OVERTIME, so there will be no work" (in 8 reviews)
- "This, combined with the glorification of burnout culture that the CEO actively promotes, makes it extremely difficult to execute work that you can be proud of and makes for a culture that is borderline toxic." (in 5 reviews)
- "Upper management refuses to invest in customer service and issues go unresolved for months." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Sunnova and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 2.0Sep 11, 2023ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsHouston, TX
Flexible as far as wanting to be remote a few days a week Diverse leadership
The right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing, the company is super inefficient. When you suggest an easier or cheaper way to do the job, you’re turned away. The culture is terrible - they underpay their employees and over work them. The last review cycle, they had the managers dock employee performance so that they didn’t have to issue raises. They say they only issue performance based raises (no merit or cost of living), but how if they refuse to allow anyone to be ranked according to performance?2
- 1.0Aug 14, 2023IT Project ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearHouston, TX
- Absolutely NO pro to working here
- I was let go without any notice or any reason for it. Was just told that they would not be moving forward with me during my 3 month probation period. No reason, no action plan, nothing.... Also no severance. - Very racist environment with racist bosses, if you are black then you will have a hard time working here - Toxic environment where you are expected to be online all day and answer slack messages at the drop of a hat. - Taking PTO is like a death sentence - No paid sick leave, you will loose money from your paycheck if you get sick - No regard for employees in any form whatsoever - You have to suck up to your manager/ bosses or you get sacked - They do not invest in their employees in any form, you are just a number that will be dropped anytime5
- 2.0Aug 14, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Mission driven people and company, high energy and fast pace for those that like to drive things forward.
Compensation lacks behind companies thought of as peers. Too many B & C players at this company are protected via politics, too many incompetent leaders in the C suite that are 'Yes' people to the CEO, leadership is clueless about the lack of talent required to bring this company to the next level. Unlikely to be profitable with the current management strategy and approach to accountability.3
- 4.0Sep 6, 2023Training CoordinatorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearHouston, TX
room for growth, great coworkers, WFH options, 401 k match, volunteer opportunities.
lots of changes in processes, which can be difficult but necessary.
- 1.0Aug 29, 2023HR AnalystCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearHouston, TX
Taco Tuesday once a month
Great place to work if you like a toxic work environment. Listen well, no one is unfireable. Turnover rate is thru the roof at this place. Good luck! Hands down the worst place I've ever worked at. Management is clueless, the communication is passive and back-biting. You'll thrive here if you kiss.as.s, are white, and are a NPC. Good luck!4
- 4.0Jul 13, 2023Sr. Business AnalystFormer Employee, less than 1 yearHouston, TX
Job was fairly good and the folks were decent. Benefits are great. I left because the industry wasn't a fit for me but besides that I enjoyed my time there.
No clear direction of product road map created some challenges
Sunnova Reviews FAQs
Sunnova has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 250 reviews left anonymously by employees. 52% of employees would recommend working at Sunnova to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.
52% of Sunnova employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sunnova 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.