KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.7
Sunnova CEO William J. (John) Berger
William J. (John) Berger

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Most of the people are great and the work is satisfying when you're allowed to focus on your duties(in 15 reviews)
  • "decent pay if you are looking for entry level positions(in 14 reviews)
  • "Good benefits(in 13 reviews)
  • "Approachable Management and HR.(in 12 reviews)
  • "Great work environment.(in 9 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sunnova and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Workplace

Aug 27, 2022 - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

very good staff ad nice work environment

Cons

nothing to comment on the cons, seems good

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

It's NOT all bad, but we all know what that means...

Aug 16, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will be working with some of the most talented, intelligent and empathetic individuals (although you have to be) in the country. If you're chosen, you have the opportunity to work on projects that impact company growth and promote excitement within the company. We are working toward changing the experience of dealers every day. We have the best products in the industry to continue to provide our dealers with the best offerings!

Cons

The best application of the NOVA way is "if everything is important, nothing is". On a call once, I was told "you are authorized to work 7 days a week" - that proves true as every year employees are left with unused PTO that cannot be carried over and the utilization of PTO is abysmal. As I understand it, there is a sweet spot... if you've been there too long, you're stuck as the employee you've always been. If you've been there too short, you're collateral damage... some where in the middle, you are a necessity.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company with great people and great opportunities

Aug 26, 2022 - Senior Analyst in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture - Upper management is excited about the work being done and their excitement trickles down to the benefit of junior staff. Opportunity - Management provides significant opportunity for you, as a junior member, to experience and take the reigns of various project types. WFH - Department dependent, but there is general flexibility on having a hybrid schedule.

Cons

Growing pains - It is clear that not everything has been figured out in terms of managing people.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee

I would not recommend working here to anyone I know unless your straight of school looking for a foot in the door.

Jun 9, 2022 - Full Time Corporate Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are nice Location right off the freeway is good

Cons

No matter how much they pay you the workload is too much. This goes for ALL positions as the feeling was across the board in all departments. If you like to work well over 40-50 hours every single week than you’ll be fine. I know some thrive in that environment. From the outside looking back in it seems the company grew very fast and instead of taking a pause to figure things out to become efficient they went full steam ahead with every decision being reactive so you’re consistently dealing with problems that could have been avoided. Again this is for ALL departments. The company operationally is a mess. I didn’t work in Customer Service but those employees were treated like dog poop. Second class citizens. It was disgraceful.

8 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Sales

Aug 17, 2022 - Sales in Lakeland, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is great overall no issues

Cons

None to my knowledge it’s good

6. 4.0

Decent Company

Apr 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great people to work with - Work life balance for many roles

Cons

- Rapid changes in the company risks operational stability (oh here's a new idea every other week, let's try this...is not a good idea) - Not a huge con, but the company is still fairly new so processes are still being defined and trying to find their way through identifying a structure, which makes sense but is helpful to know if you come from a more mature company - Not as many benefits as other companies; their benefits are basic (no adoption help, no unlimited PTO, no formal sick leave policy, etc.) - Pay for many roles! The pay is not competitive & good pay increases are seldom, but they will issue a bonus but unfortunately bonuses are in the form of stock & you do not get an option between cash or stock, which I've never seen before

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good Pay

Aug 3, 2022 - Staff Accountant in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

They offer good pay, competitive holidays and time off.

Cons

Not enough work life balance, it is the norm to work on weekends.

8. 3.0

Onboarding Needs to be Improved

Jul 27, 2022 - Project Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility CEO has a good vision for the company Promote within

Cons

Lack of structure Lack of training Lack of team cohesion

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0

Horrible culture

Aug 20, 2022 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

None, management is the worst.

Cons

Favoritism, the culture is horrible.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0

Southern corporate mindset

Aug 11, 2022 - Field Service
    Business Outlook

Pros

Doubt there are any pros anymore.

Cons

They have those awful non-compete contracts that are effectively slavery. They don’t deserve anyone with any experience at all.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 188 Reviews

Sunnova Reviews FAQs

Sunnova has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 201 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Sunnova to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Sunnova employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Sunnova. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

67% of Sunnova employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sunnova 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Sunnova to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be work life balance, culture, management.

Work at Sunnova? Share Your Experiences

Sunnova Careers

Cover image for Sunnova

What We Provide Sunnova makes solar energy more accessible by providing customized options, so our customers can find the right service...More

• COVID19 Culture
  • Careers

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

268 days ago

Hiring
Start your new year right with a new job! If you're looking for a change and a more fulfilling #career, check out the 70+ #jobs we have available across the U.S. Some featured #job positions include: - Director of Operations - Sr. Vice President, Accessory Sales & Operations - Revenue Management Specialist II - Several Solar Electrician Positions - Sr. Manager of Market Development - Grid Services - Vice President, Commercial - Sr. Manager, Tax And many more. Apply today on our website.
Shared image - Recruitment
Recruitment
workforcenow.adp.com

268 days ago

Community
It brings us great joy to team up with Child Advocates for the fourth holiday season in a row. Several of our team members generously donated and shopped for Houston-area children who are in the foster care system, in hopes of spreading holiday cheer during our favorite time of the year. With #TeamSunnova’s help, we doubled the number of children we sponsored this year, and continue to be one of Child Advocates’ biggest sponsors for their Santa’s Wish List program this year. If you’d like to donate to Child Advocates during any time of the year, please visit their website.
Shared image - Child Advocates