Supportive Concepts Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1.8
Ryan Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "There is oppurtunity"

Current Employee - Residential Specialist
    Current Employee - Residential Specialist

I have been working at Supportive Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy but exhausting work. The time goes by quickly. Plenty of overtime. Variety of schedules. Variety of job opportunities and advancements if you actually have a work ethic.

Cons

Too many lazy and uncaring employees that think sitting around doing nothing is part of the job description. Lack of communication between staff and staff. Lack of communication between management and staff. Low pay, you will need to work over time if you want to make any money here.

2. "Tough place to work"

Former Employee - Program Specialist in Reading, PA
    Former Employee - Program Specialist in Reading, PA

I worked at Supportive Concepts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great consumers to work with, decent pay

Cons

Exec Management does not take the time to listen to anyone. Professional bullying; threatening jobs/write ups, too many people married to each other; on call

Advice to Management

stand up for what is right, not just to please others.

"Residential Specialist"

I have been working at Supportive Concepts full-time

Pros

I love working with my individuals. Overtime is there if you want it.

Cons

The pay isn't great and they don't give raises. Very little room to grow. If you become a supervisor you basically sell your soul to them and NEED to answer every csll on a company phone that must be attached to you at all times. You can't go on vacation unless someone covers yours calls. Communication is God awful!! Everyone blames everyone inatead of just admitting they messed up. I have to advicate more for them than the company does because they are money hungry. They do poor repairs to save $10. If you work in the office you'll get huge bonuses but the in field (getting your butt kicked) employees see little to nothing and they do what they can to enaure you get less so they can get more.

Advice to Management

Care more for your employees and your individuals! You may not have such a high turn over rate and desperate for employees.

4. "Lead Staff"

Current Employee - Lead Staff
    Current Employee - Lead Staff

I have been working at Supportive Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love my job. Overtime is pretty much endless.. If you do your job and come to work, there's no issues

Cons

Communication could be better.. Recognizing the staff that basically give their lives to this company. I work hard sometimes​ just seems like no one notices.

Advice to Management

Again recognizing the staff that comes to work and puts all those overtime hours in.. Residential Specialist/ leads get treated like the bottom of the barrel. Yet we are the ones working w the consumers daily!

"Anonymous"

I worked at Supportive Concepts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

No good things at all to mention.

Cons

Management has no abilities to manage at all. Definite favoritism. Pay sucks, no raises and bonuses are a joke. They burn you on PTO. Honesty and integrity are two words this company has never heard of.

Advice to Management

Do everyone a favor and get out of the industry. Take all the companies you merged with down as well.

6. "Unfair to employees"

Current Employee - Residential Specialist Sleep Staff in Lebanon, PA
    Current Employee - Residential Specialist Sleep Staff in Lebanon, PA

I have been working at Supportive Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The consumers i work with are great so are a few of the employees others are nightmares

Cons

They do NOT pay fairly I have the lowest paid position. I get paid such a low income because im supposedly allowed to sleep during my shift. Which is almost impossible unless your a dead sleeper! They pay me pennies compared to the other staff and when my position needs filled others can fill it making 3xs the ampunt i make and they sleep more then i do and do less during their shift!ITS NOT FAIR AT ALL! Which is why they cant keep my position filled been here a year and there has been half a dozen come and go from this position just at my house! Would be good for a homeless person to get back on their feet somewhere to sleep and make some pennies.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees fairly! If one person gets less pay so should anyone filling that position or bump up the staff that is regular to that position stop trying to save money by ripping off one or two employees when your not saving any money cause your paying others overtime to fill it and maybe the position would stay filled

7. "Supportive Concepte"

Current Employee - Residential Specialist in Reading, PA

I have been working at Supportive Concepts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

easy to get overtime, good pay rate for start

Cons

clients are outrageous, everything in the office is disorganized, favoritism.

8. "Couldn't wait to get out"

Former Employee - Home Specialist in Reading, PA
    Former Employee - Home Specialist in Reading, PA

I worked at Supportive Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a job and it paid more than unemployment. Some of my coworkers were nice. Not much good about supportive concepts.

Cons

This company did not care about its employees one bit. I got punched by a consumer and was threatened by the same one. A couple months later a supervisor tried to bully me into working with that consumer again. This place was great motivation to get back to college. If you are thinking about work here, don't

Advice to Management

Care about the employees just a smidge more than nothing and you might not lose all the good ones.

"Wouldn't recommend"

I have been working at Supportive Concepts full-time

Pros

The schedulesame avaliable allow it easy to have this as a second job or attend school while working.

Cons

The pay is awful and not a good benefits package. A lacknowledge of communication from office personnel to house employees.

Advice to Management

Take more pride in employees in the houses because they are the foundation of the company and without them there would be no company.

10. "not a great experience"

Current Employee - Residential Specialist in Leesport, PA
    Current Employee - Residential Specialist in Leesport, PA

I have been working at Supportive Concepts (More than a year)

Pros

there isn't good benefits from this job at all

Cons

the pay is not good at all, the job sucks