Sycle Reviews | Glassdoor

Sycle Reviews

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

"Great Job for people who want to grow and learn"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Company paid for my classes and certifications. I can bring my dog to work. 40 days off per year. Paid week off between Christmas and NYE. Ability to work from home and travel to multiple offices if your job calls for it. Hands off management style. You get to decide how you meet your goals. Bonuses.

Cons

Not really a Con but need to be the kind of person who is driven and self managed. If you expect someone to tell you how to do every aspect of your job then you should work at a bigger company. There's a lot of latitude to come up with ways to complete your work. Sometimes people use it as a way to be lazy and blame management because they don't meet their goals.

2. "This was a great company to work for. The knowledge I have gotten from this company is one of a kind."

Current Employee - Insurance Claim Specialist Analyst in Helena, AL
    Current Employee - Insurance Claim Specialist Analyst in Helena, AL

I have been working at Sycle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My position, we helped client in all 50 states. This helped me understand processing claims for different payers.

Cons

There were a few improvements that were needed, but this company with in the last year have implemented a lot of changes.

Advice to Management

Insurance Department will need a bigger office.

"Good"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Sycle as a contractor

Pros

The employees are great. They are helpful and when you ask for help, they would teach you the correct way of approaching it.

Cons

Work is sometimes overloaded during month's end. It doesn't really have a standard method of putting materials together, but managers and CFO is trying to change the procedures to fix.

Advice to Management

None so far

"Sycle"

Pros

There were a lot of perks at one time. A once a year travel to a conference. Generous 401k, bonus, and commissions.

Cons

There was little or no training. Little or no supervision. This meant that everyone was pretty much on an "honor" system, and not everyone had ethics for that which meant there was always more work and responsibility on the ones who did or it didn't get done at all. Total disconnect between corporate and Alabama office.

Advice to Management

When someone new comes in, just because they have an impressive resume does not make them honest and ethical. Ask people who have a proven track record of years of loyalty and integrity with your company. There are people in you company right now that LOVE their company AND their job.( I was one of them until it came down to a "who to believe"). Make sure they know that you value them.

"Management Sucks"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Pros

ability to work from home as needed

Cons

Used to be a great place. New management in vancouver is aweful. No one talks to each other, opinions are not respected, you are expected to work late evenings and weekends

Advice to Management

Stop being passive aggressive