THA Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Ellen B. Bolch

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I love working for such a diverse company that actually cares about their employees!"

Current Employee - Clinical Liaison in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Clinical Liaison in Savannah, GA

I have been working at THA Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Always learning new things. Support is always available. Family like team. You get to work with people you consider friends. Great pay. Understanding management team. A lot of opportunity for advancement. Many employees here have worked many different positions so as long as there is an opening and you're qualified, you have the chance to try new things. Ellen Bolch (the CEO) actually knows her employees names despite how busy she is. She makes time. She has greeted me by name more than once and I am NEVER in the office. That kind of family feel makes me feel important and special!

Cons

None, just wish there were more companies out there that supported their employees and guided them to be their best.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "THA where there are more CEO' than nurses."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I worked at THA Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leaving is the best part about working for THA. So you can truly appreciate your next employer. The grass is always greener after leaving THA

Cons

They are always short staffed for those out in the field but not in upper managment. They don't believe in any sort of raises even cost of living.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the employees you have in the field and in the offices they are the ones that pay your lucrative salaries

3. "Priorities.... you are not one!"

Former Employee - Minion in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Minion in Savannah, GA

I worked at THA Group full-time

Pros

Decent pay, direct deposit, good coworkers at the minion level.

Cons

Constant changes, load on extra jobs weekly, micromanage everything, do not listen to employees at all! Make things more difficult instead of easier. Charting system is a joke!

Advice to Management

Prioritize you're expectations and demands based on the short staff you have, appreciate your employees and STOP creating multiple jobs for employees on top of what they already do. Listen to the minions that work for you and stop cutting costs at the expense of patients. HIRE more nurses and nursing assistants.

4. "Director of Marketing"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Savannah, GA

I have been working at THA Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Consistently working to stand out in the crowd of similar companies. Local company providing highest quality services available anywhere. Priority of keeping patient's where they want to be, in their homes. Continuity of care, from: companionship care, to skilled services such as nursing, therapy (physical, occupational, and speech), and social work, to end-of-life care services offered through our non profit Island Hospice. Competitive benefits: generous PTO, health coverage, 401k, health saving account. Friendly, ethical, patient- centered employees make this a company I consider remaining with into the future.

Cons

Higher than preferred turnover rate of employees, largely due to standards exceeding those of companies providing similar services.
    The software system, like all systems, has glitches and can be slow.

Advice to Management

Frequency and duration of meetings can be excessive. Attempts to limit or to make more efficient would be appreciated by all.

5. "Nurse"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I worked at THA Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay good. Nice to your face 😄....and 😈behind your back. There isnt much good to say

Cons

Bullying in management. If they do not like you. They indirectly bully you and blame you. Run for your life! They give you all the work they do not want. Work u night and day with charting. What a joke!

Advice to Management

Stop the bullying

"Worst Company I Ever Worked For"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I worked at THA Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, Ok pay (but you will see less qualified people making more based on who they are and who they know) and a lot of great co-workers.

Cons

Raises, you won't get one unless you threaten to leave. There is no clear direction, no clear work description and some of the worst higher management I have ever seen. People are "found" jobs because they know someone and are not qualified for the position they hold (or they just make one up). Don't expect thank you or please. Don't expect to feel valued. Don't expect to move up. And watch out for those that sit closest to you there, they will make your life a living hell every day you work.

Advice to Management

Hire management that has experience and not because they know someone or they have the right shoes. A joke most share is when there is an interview we look at which one is dressed best and you know that one will be getting the position even if they are by far less qualified. Hire management that are not just "yes" men, meaning even if it's a bad idea they will say yes because they are too afraid or there noses are too brown to say no. Value your employees, they are what make your company. Listen to what your employees have to say, instead of wanting to only hear yourselves and realize you are not smarter, more capable that those beneath you. They are the key to your success but what they have to say falls on death ears.

"No respect for its employees, little opportunity for advancement, no raise in pay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I worked at THA Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some coworkers can be great to work with. The support of fellow coworkers make the job bearable.

Cons

The management has no considerations for it employees, they do not listen to the complains for the employees. They will work the employee base to the point of exhaustion. There are no raises or promotions, the company grants very few if any PTO for the employees. As an employee you are expected work at times 15 hours a day with no breaks or lunch. The management will tell you one thing but never follow through. The do a lot of lip services with no real intentions of doing anything that is promised. As a new employee many things are promised, later they are forgotten or just never done at all. The company does not offer adequate healthcare and raises are not given; it is sad to say there are some employees that have been at the company for years and have never received a raise.

Advice to Management

Please consider revamping your management team. The general feeling that your employees have that the can not talk to management is not conducive to a positive work environment. You style of management leaves much to be desired and the individuals that you have in the positions do little to foster a feeling of confidence. Employees are met with condescending attitudes and stand off behavior when attempting to communicate with the individuals in management.

8. "I've worked for the company for three years, and It's the best job i've had."

I have been working at THA Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was new to the industry and have been properly trained, given opportunity for advancement, and increases in salary. The company is forward thinking and led by a true visionary. The overwhelming majority of employees are pleasant and eager to help the patient, above all. It's a solid local company with a sharp corporate image.

Cons

I agree with some of the other commenters in that there are many ideas floating around and there are a several different perspectives weighing in on them. I feel like my work-life balance is satisfactory. I've never been declined a request for PTO, but I don't request for it it too often. My biggest con with the company is the excessively high deductible health plan.

Advice to Management

Stick to the core principles and services. A boost in the marketing budget and additional educational opportunities are essential and would go a long way toward promoting growth of the company.

9. "Disgruntled Employees"

I worked at THA Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Makes a point to follow all regulations.

Cons

Most employees are not real happy and complain how management treats them. Since I was hired one employee was fired, one threatened to quit, and several, it was evident that they were not happy.

Advice to Management

An exit interview would be most helpful to the company and at least provide and discuss legitimate reasons why you are let go instead of "jumping to the point".

10. "Nothing is going to change"

Pros

You get out of it what you put in it

Cons

There are really no cons

Advice to Management

Treat everyone the same