Found 32 of over 40 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "CEO is a decent guy outside of work but is not humble enough to acknowledge his shortcoming in managing the workforce." (in 4 reviews)
- 5.0Oct 23, 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
It's a great team and it's fun to be part of a rapidly growing company. The products are great and there's always something new on the horizon.
No real negative points to my feeling
- 5.0Oct 14, 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee
I've been with THEOplayer for a while, and I've got to say it's a great place to work. The team here is super supportive and welcoming, which made my onboarding smooth. The vibe in the company is awesome. It's a place where collaboration and innovation thrive, and everyone respects each other. It's like being part of a big, friendly driven family.
Occasionally, there could be better communication between departments. It's something the company can work on to improve overall efficiency.1
- 5.0Jul 6, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Things move fast at THEO which is something I can greatly appreciate. The products are top of the line and the team is impressive.
Nothing comes to mind right now.2
- 5.0Mar 31, 2023Software DeveloperFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLeuven
* Dynamic company * Growth opportunities both horizontally and vertically * Nice colleagues * It is a new exiting business. There are plenty of ideas to develop further and therefore more than enough challenges
* No real career or growth planning (more of a "if you see an opportunity, it's up to you to grasp it" kind of mentality which clearly is not suited for everyone)2
- 5.0May 25, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
There's a great internal vibe and a drive for innovation which I really liked
It was always super busy as there are always new customers and new deals which tends to cause reprioritization in the engineering team4
- 5.0Jan 6, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLeuven
The company has been working hard on creating a strong team which allows us to innovate and build stuff which hasn't been done before. This provides challenges and keeps life interesting. There's a new product we launched recently where we can live through the product being brought to market first hand which is an interesting experience.
There's a focus on budget as the company is operating on a cash flow positive basis. While I assume the economic reality forces most companies to look at budgets now, this has been a constant theme in the company over the past years. If you have a good enough case, you get whatever you need, but you need to have the case clear. The budget for spending on small meaningless things is limited.6
- 5.0Mar 16, 2023Project ManagerFormer Employee
From my experience working with this company, I can confidently say that it was an absolute pleasure to be a part of such a fantastic team. The company's culture was one that fostered inclusivity, creativity, and innovation, making it a truly inspiring and motivating environment to work in. The team was made up of individuals who were not only highly skilled but also genuinely cared about each other's well-being, making it feel like a family away from home. The collaborative and supportive nature of the team made it easy to work together towards achieving common goals, and the encouragement we received from management only added to this sense of community. This was augmented with amazing company and team events. Furthermore, the company placed a great deal of emphasis on ownership and taking responsibility, providing us with numerous opportunities to choose our own path and pick the approach to a problem which made sense to the team. All this made me feel valued and appreciated. Overall, I cannot speak highly enough about this company. It was an honor to work with such a supportive and inspiring team, and I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for an exceptional workplace culture that fosters growth and development.
I didn't identify many areas for improvement, though no company is perfect. One point that came up in internal discussions was that communication could be enhanced. Personally, I believe that important topics were adequately addressed in team meetings or the monthly all-hands meeting. However, I can see why employees might become frustrated if they receive incomplete information via word of mouth, and the entire story is only revealed a few days later. Another area for development could be diversity. Although there are many fascinating people from diverse nationalities, the majority of employees, being a tech company, are male. While this is not a significant concern for me, I understand that some individuals might want to see a more equitable gender balance (preferably based on merit rather than filling a quota).3
- 5.0Jan 19, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
- The people. There are some people to learn a lot from. Management is great. The team leads I worked with are great. - The offices. Although I don't like the commute, I've been in worse places to work. - Absence of rigid processes. If you need tools, testing devices, accounts on some service, etc. to get something done, you just ask for it and you get it fairly quick. I hope this sense of pragmatism will stay. - Horizontal mobility.
Can probably do a bit better in terms of gender balance, but then again the market for finding female developers isn't to great.5
- 5.0Dec 23, 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLeuven
The company exists out of a group of very capable people which are passionate about what they do. The products being built have great potential for further growth and the list of customers using them is impressive, full of big brands (unfortunately they cannot always be used in marketing).
Marketing is not the strength of this company. The products are amazing, but I have the feeling more could be done to make this clear towards potential customers.7
- 5.0Dec 8, 2022Account ExecutiveFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLeuven
Fast moving company which creates opportunities (both internal and external). The products are great and the industry is challenging. Luckily the team is nice and works together well.
As said the industry is fast moving. This can be challenging to get into and requires constant learning.8
THEOplayer Reviews FAQs
THEOplayer has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 40 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at THEOplayer to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 22% over the last 12 months.
76% of THEOplayer employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated THEOplayer 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.