TIO Networks Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
TIO Networks Chairman and CEO Hamed Shahbazi
Hamed Shahbazi

1. "Best Company I Have Ever Worked For"

Pros

Great Leadership from the CEO and it trickles down to the management that I report to. TIO does a good job of recognizing employees and they truly care about their employees. They have allowed me to grow and branch out and that has really helped advance my career. My manager cares about me in a business and personal level and that means a great deal to me. I have enjoy working here and am looking forward growing with the Company.

Cons

Once in a while the work/life balance can get a little hectic but most of the time there is a good work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Management has an open door policy so anytime I need to voice my opinion they are there to listen to me. Keep up the great work!

"Was A Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at TIO Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Before Global Express was purchased by Tio Networks it was a profitable family owned business for 50 + years. The employee's were treated great and rewarded for their hard work. Everyone had a sense of working in a family environment and if they and the company were profitable (which they always were), you could expect to be handsomely rewarded for your efforts. The longevity was at 15 + years average per employee and if you accomplished your goals your position was secure.

Cons

After Global Express was purchased by Tio Networks it is no longer a profitable family owned business. The employee's are now treated as a liability and the family demeanor has been lost. They have gone through a few sessions of layoffs and no one knows if they have a job the next day. They now expect the work of 2 to be done by 1 where the work load was barely attainable. Rewards do not exist unless you are Executives. Once decisions are made, the employees are the last ones to know if they are told anything.

Advice to Management

Senior Management needs to communicate with the employees and look at them as an asset not a liability. Stop acquiring companies that are unprofitable and expect the profitable company to support them. Treat employees with respect and reward them for their dedication and hard work. Be honest with your employees and speak up for them, don't let them be the last to know.

3. "Awesome place"

Pros

Great culture of the comapany

Cons

None in my opinion it is pretty chill

5. "A Big Market Valuation Is Not Everything"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coquitlam, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

I worked at TIO Networks (More than a year)

Pros

A downtown location close to the subway, seabus, and skytrain. A highly profitable business model. Lots of lunch options within walking distance.

Cons

Poor life / work balance and a chronic reliance on individual heroics to meet goals. One co-worker described it as slavery.

Advice to Management

The more companies you acquire, the greater the need for a systematic approach to the engineering. A relatively minimal investment in proper project management will pay big dividends.

6. "Company is Growing Quickly, Culture is Okay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Pros

Business is growing rapidly, management is steering the company in the right direction. Fun sports days and BBQs. Recognition is given to hard workers at awards ceremonies.

Cons

Learning curve was steep for a non-technical person, even after a few months of working there. Great learning for co-op students to get their feet in the door at a local tech company. Depending on which team you are placed in, the stress levels can be very high.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge staff members and provide them with more opportunities to develop, learn, and grow.

7. "Review"

Former Employee - Executive Vice-President in Port Moody, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Executive Vice-President in Port Moody, BC (Canada)

I worked at TIO Networks (More than a year)

Pros

Sharp CEO. Clear vision, strong leadership.

Cons

No negative comments to share.

8. "TIO Networks was great company to work at."

Former Employee - Network Analyst in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Network Analyst in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at TIO Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great staff and everyone was very welcoming, from all levels of management.

Cons

The hours could be a bit late but all in all a good company.

"Memorable for many reasons"

Former Employee - Worker in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Worker in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I worked at TIO Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We had great team of people on the ground at the time and wonderful clients, the work was interesting and in some ways innovative.

Cons

Family and Friends was a persistent concern as it leads to unbalanced perspectives and favouritism. The work was stressful and we worked very long hours including weekends. As with any business driven by EBITDA obtaining the numbers on paper - creating the illusion means more than the actual reality.

Advice to Management

Listen to your teams and the feedback since they deliver the model you are trying to sell. Focus less on creating smoke and mirrors and work with some reality.

"Positive work environment, pretty laid back and a very nice place to work at in general."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Pros

Colleagues are mostly easy going and friendly for most part. Most people like to share their knowledge.

Cons

Too much work expected from engineers and things can get stressful at certain times. Management keeps pushing for deadlines which can sometimes be difficult to meet.

Advice to Management

Take it easy and stop rushing things into developers. Take more time to learn about software development and try to understand that building software can be very complex.

11. "Good for entry-level IT to get some experience in order to get a real IT job."

Former Employee - Systems Technician - Level II in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Systems Technician - Level II in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Pros

Good entry level job. For those looking for IT jobs - career advancement seems to favor people more on the programming side of IT rather than the networking side.

Cons

Just typical small-business politics. Hard to advance past being a CSR unless you are a programmer. If you're supporting the terminals then you will have a very hard time learning anything new, as there really is only 3 problems to fix - and most of the work involved in this "technical" position is coordinating and manipulating other people to fix your problem, which can be very unsatisfying if you actually enjoy solving problems.

Advice to Management

General meetings were appreciated.. I think they help bring the company together and helps everyone see other areas of the Team.