TSM Reviews | Glassdoor

TSM Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2019

3.2
TSM CEO Craig Campbell (no image)
Craig Campbell
  1. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at TSM part-time for less than a year

Pros

I went from McDonald's to this place and it ain't bad. Decent healthcare, good pay.

Cons

There ain't too many downsides give us a raise! But I guess everybody says that to their bosses lol.

Advice to Management

If I had to give advice to management they needs to stop complicating stuff that don't need no complicsting.

TSM2017-05-29
  2. "No longer in business"

Former Employee - Protection Officer

I worked at TSM full-time

Pros

Plenty of overtime. Plenty of different job experiences.

Cons

No raises ever. Poor structure.

TSM2019-04-13
  3. "Protection Officer"

Former Employee - Protection Officer in Chicago, IL

I worked at TSM full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Co-workers are the best/ Training is regular

Cons

Operation procedures are not efficient

Advice to Management

Better operation procedures

TSM2018-11-13
  4. "A lot of culture issues."

Former Employee - Protection Officer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at TSM full-time for more than a year

Pros

For what is was, the pay wasn't terrible.

Cons

No promotions, no regular training program for officers, lazy atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Hire competent supervisors and ensure employees are being properly trained.

TSM2018-02-26
  5. "Good Company/Decent Pay"

I worked at TSM full-time

Pros

I worked in a bank, so the hours were great and every holiday you could imagine off. The pay is higher than other companies but they have a stricter hiring standard than some other companies out there.

Cons

Can be tedious and boring but that can also be a pro Not a whole lot of room for advancement

TSM2018-02-06
  6. "Sales"

I have been working at TSM full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun job for the most part

Cons

Too top heavy in all markets

Advice to Management

Spend more in the trenches, less at the castle.

TSM2017-11-07
  7. "Protection Officer"

Current Employee - Protection Officer in Gary, IN

I have been working at TSM full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good day hours, good training instructor, had a more professional feel.

Cons

Work sat, short contract, don't think there is room for advancement or pay increase.

Advice to Management

NA

TSM2017-06-21
  8. "Decent Company"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TSM full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It has a very good starting wage and the benefits are improving all the time. I would like more PTO.

Cons

There is really too much overtime and I feel like boss is calling me too much, if that is really a complaint.

Advice to Management

Give em raises

TSM2017-05-22

"Unarmed Protection Officer"

Current Employee - Unarmed Protection Officer in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at TSM full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed the training that was offered to new hires because it was taught by an individual with an impressive résumé who has had a lot of experience in law enforcement and a unique perspective on the topics covered. Plus, his presentations were humourous and informative. The starting pay is a bit higher than other private security firms, starting at $12.00 - $13.00 an hour. My experience as an unarmed... protection officer could be described as laid-back with loads of downtime. This is due to the fact that most unarmed sites were corporate office buildings that honestly only needed an officer on site to make sure the building doesn't flood or catch on fire. This job would be great for college students because you can get a lot of work done at these unarmed sites. Armed sites are different because most of the time they are various bank branches that require full attention by the officer. I also had mostly positive experiences with management both in the office and in the field. Most supervisors cared about their employees and did their best to accommodate for various time-off requests and schedule changes. On a side note, I liked the look of the uniform because it was very similar to a police uniform and people would more than likely mistake you as a police officer rather than a security officer.

Cons

In my experience there were a few minor annoyances from working for TSM. Communication among management seemed to be lacking at times because information would not be passed down to other managerial staff and site supervisors. For instance, I told one supervisor about my vacation plans and was approved and a different supervisor did not know of my vacation plans and was surprised they didn't hear about it.... One of the major annoyances I had with TSM was when they had made the decision to move me to a different site without my knowledge or consent. I understand that changing sites is a part of the industry, but a little heads up would have been nice. Most of my experiences with site supervisors were positive. However, I had the misfortune of having a bad site supervisor for a moment. This site supervisor had been promoted to supervisor only after being with the company for a total of 2 weeks while not having any previous security experience. I suspect that it is due to being engaged to a long-time TSM employee. This site supervisor also acted as if they were a gift to mankind and that their spoken word was law. They took great offense when I pointed out that working from 12:00 AM to 9:00 AM was 9 hours and not 8 hours as they had listed on the time sheet. They also took my fact-checking as a personal attack towards them and reported me to management for not following the chain of command. Long story short, you will come into contact with site supervisors that shouldn't be site supervisors. 98% of them are great supervisors and even better people.

Advice to Management

Communication between management and site supervisors should be improved so that confusion can be avoided. Individuals should be promoted based on work performance, time with the company, and overall experience. Not because you're married to a staff member. It would also be nice to provide a heads-up to officers when decisions are made to change the officers schedule or site. It's a pain to find out this... information an hour before your scheduled shift.

TSM2016-11-30

"Operations Supervisor-Oakbrook Terrace,Illinois"

I have been working at TSM full-time

Pros

They pay for uniforms and for your trainer. They offer medical, and dental. 2 week paid vacation 1 week every 6 months then 3 weeks after 6 years of service. Starting pay is 11.00 an hour.

Cons

As an officer overtime is optional. As a site supervisor if you can't get someone to cover your open shift your stuck doing it. Operations supervisor's have to drive conduct a patrol of various locations, talk on the cell phone, look up schedule's on the computers and work long hours sometimes up to 120 in a two week period if your off your called in to work cause the on duty can't ground. This is forced overtime.... They pay 15 an hour salary with a base pay of 14 an hour when Illinois labor is time and half even with salary employees. "Department of Labor’s require most salaried workers earning less than $50,440, or $970 a week, to be paid 1.5 times their normal pay for time worked beyond 40 hours a week." Which was passed by President Obama and made law. When you quit or get terminated this company black balls you on reference checks. Freedom of information act reports have been obtained and show this claim. Site supervisor's watch out for their officers while operations supervisor's do not only 1 of them did and they fired him for defending and posting his political views to facebook while off duty the allegation was that he did it in uniform but the company had no proof to show him and even accused him of making offensive statements to officers. Which were unfounded. They also have no 401k even when state law says companies have to by July 1, 2017.

TSM2016-08-05