TV Azteca Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2019

Found 118 reviews

3.4
Mario San Román
Pros
  • "La empresa ofrece ganar mucha experiencia en el tema de medios de comunicaci(in 14 reviews)

• "reas de la empresa tiene un buen desarrollo y ambiente laboral, se convierten en parte de tu familia y te apoyan en tu crecimiento d(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "No hay el verdadero crecimiento profesional(in 22 reviews)

• "s de 3 meses Es todo lo que tengo que decir(in 14 reviews)

1. "Azteca is a wonderful employer. The company's top management is attentive and appreciative of staff."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TV Azteca full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits and top notch management. This company gives you room to grow and provides the support and encouragement to reach your goals.

Cons

Not the largest broadcaster so you have to be creative and diligent to work here. The company provides well thought out campaigns to help their sales team reach their goals.

Advice to Management

Continue to support your teams with positive feedback and setting the example of hard work and perseverance.

TV Azteca2017-03-12
  2. "Edition of reporter packages, VOs, SOTs and teases"

Former Employee - Video Editor in Miami, FL

I worked at TV Azteca for more than a year

Pros

-Very organized -Keep up with current events -Friendly enviroment

Cons

-Stresfful -Not good pay -Lonely Work

TV Azteca2017-11-15
  3. "Great if you're up for the challenge"

I worked at TV Azteca full-time

Pros

Great company to work for, moves fast and it offers great opportunities for learning about the industry

Cons

Reorganizations are very common, turn-over is also very high. It has an either adapt or leave kind of culture

TV Azteca2016-03-02

"Tough place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at TV Azteca full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At any job, there is something positive to learn. Something to take out of. I appreciated my boss, he was understanding and tried when he could or wanted to lol. Lucky for me, I did have a healthy work/life balance but that is largely based on the individual. Don't let people take advantage of you, don't be too nice! But there are great people here, smart people who I believe deserve to be acknowledged and rewarded.

Cons

The people here aren't happy. Pass through the halls and you will likely be presented with somber faces and a dissatisfied energy that bounces of the old dark and drab hospital-like walls. Say "good morning" or "hello" and you'll be lucky to get a response, people seem to avoid wasting their energy on someone who may be slightly chipper or simply a happy person in general. I judged those people for a while, not understanding...

Advice to Management

Read my cons ^. Also, reward and acknowledge your employees. I get it, its not in the budget. But you have great people working there, people that won't stay if you continue treating them like nobody's. You're only as strong as your weakest link, and your links are getting weaker because you aren't heightening the morale.

TV Azteca2015-11-25
  5. "Production intern"

I worked at TV Azteca

Pros

Get to do some field production, editing, teleprompter, and assist production of recording live programs.

Cons

It is not clear even after the internship whether they will have an opening for you. They keep a very tight production and it's not the perfect environment to grow in if you want a place to work up in.

Advice to Management

Be clear with interns before hiring them. Let them know what kind of environment you're running, that the company is in start up mode, and when the company is hiring a production assistant.

TV Azteca2015-08-11

"Old school management"

I worked at TV Azteca

Pros

OK healthcare benefits. I honestly cannot think of any pros.

Cons

Salary, PTO, Management, old school mentality + still use lotus notes as email!

Advice to Management

Train your people and offer better salaries.

TV Azteca2015-06-09
  7. "Little room for growth"

I worked at TV Azteca full-time

Pros

Work/life balance, friendly work environment

Cons

Salary on the low side

TV Azteca2014-02-06
  8. "Azteca America"

I worked at TV Azteca

Pros

Ok learning experience and average compensation. Some team members are willing to train you and help you learn about the job and the company.

Cons

It is hard to work when there is so much internal conflict among team members. Not much opportunity for career advancement.

TV Azteca2013-09-30

"Many Chief Indian commanders and very few warrior Indians."

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Glendale, CA

I worked at TV Azteca

Pros

It used to be a good and nice work environment within a friendly atmosphere of co-workers. Used to have good benefits such as a good healthcare, 401 K and severance. In paper they care about human values & charities. In real life I have my doubts. The main and only interest seem to be profit with out basic integrity. Functional Heads personal self interest which makes it even worst and without integrity to the company.

Cons

Unorganized work. Last minute calls. Everybody have a scapegoat in case they do something wrong, but if someone with less hierarchy does an error then you are the only one to blame, even if they help or silenced the error. Very good people with lots of talents were once in Azteca America, but the organization and the director get rid of them. People with lesser value but with sharp tongues are close to the functional...

Advice to Management

Stop producing junk that has been over and over the different spanish Networks. All the savings from ripping apart the organization structure is doubled by producing and airing junk programs that nobody watch. Sometimes I have my doubts that the saving is such because what they are doing is compromising the real assets of the company. People of high value have been fired and only the worst is the remanent. Stop looking...

TV Azteca2009-05-22
  10. "Digital"

I worked at TV Azteca full-time

Pros

One of the bigest producers of video content in Latam, good businness challenges to colaborate, a lot of new interesting projects to be part of.

Cons

The definition of some business goals.

TV Azteca2018-06-13