TeamSnap Reviews | Glassdoor

TeamSnap Reviews

Updated 26 Aug 2019

3.9
TeamSnap CEO David Dupont (no image)
David Dupont
  1. "Great coworkers and company values"

Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at TeamSnap full-time

Pros

There are many great people working at TeamSnap, all the way up to the C level. The remote culture works and is a large part of why so many extremely talented people land and stay at TeamSnap. Work/Life balance is real and not just a company talking point.

Cons

I don't think there are any cons unique to TeamSnap compared to another other company at this stage. We have aggressive goals and some champagne problems that come along with scale, etc.

Advice to Management

Delegation is great, but I think you can be a bit too removed. I think you have great intentions and getting a little closer to things might give additional insights and improve execution.

TeamSnap2019-08-26
  2. "Room for improvement"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I worked at TeamSnap full-time

Pros

Fantastic colleagues that are driven, hard-working and care about the customer. Remote culture brings out the best of the staff with an enjoyable annual retreat. Customer's love the platform which makes the day to day enjoyable.

Cons

Ambitious growth goals not completely aligned with product development. High growth goals caused lots of strain on a largely lean team leading to high stress and disappointment in personal performance. Product improvements slow allowing competitors to make headway on their team management tools. Unlimited PTO is of no use if your targets are too high. Employees feel unable to take this time off and aren't... encouraged to do so.

Advice to Management

Invest in the staff. Lots of talented employees not given additional training. It is a competitive market with other companies securing significant partnerships. Product improvements needed in order to be competitive across all key areas. Take time to thank staff.

TeamSnap2019-06-10

"Decent People, No Leadership"

I worked at TeamSnap full-time

Pros

The people were nice, off-sites were great and mostly relaxing. Unlimited vacation was real.

Cons

Pay was really under market. There was no leadership on an everyday level. Everyone loves the CEO, but after that, no one is able to, or willing to, make decisions.

Advice to Management

Rebuild the entire Product Management team.

TeamSnap2018-10-09

"Honest Opionion"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at TeamSnap full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the best people I've ever worked with. Team vibe across the board and everyone is excited to help you out if you ask. There has been a lot of change but management has let us be a part of it. Transparency from the top down on the company's future plans and goals. The option to work remote keeps you from getting burnt out on the daily commute/work routine. Boulder office is really cool and right on Pearl... if you do decide you want to work there.

Cons

It can be tough to communicate with remote coworkers when you need a quick answer. Comp plans are fair but inconsistent.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency

TeamSnap2018-09-19

"Happy to be part of the TeamSnap family!"

Current Employee - Sales in Boulder, CO

I have been working at TeamSnap full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- A well built solution along with an awesome customer base. - Option to work remote, flexible hours (ability to travel and work abroad) - Fun and engaging environment, surrounded by motivated and encouraging teammates - Well defined targets/quotas along with opportunity for growth based on performance - Cross department collaboration is valued - we're all in it together to meet our aggressive goals. Lots of... 'how can we help you'.

Cons

- Lots of change has occurred as the organization has scaled but it it to be expected at this stage. Leadership does their best to make it a seamless process while providing opportunity to express feedback. - The customer growth is incredibly exciting but at times the work/life balance suffers.

Advice to Management

- Continue asking for feedback from your teams as the company grows - Keep working to adjust the work/life balance - Keep the positive culture! - Don't ever change the 'dress code' - yogggga pants!

TeamSnap2018-09-14

"One of the best places I have ever worked"

I have been working at TeamSnap full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Unparalleled flexibility - Authentic team of genuinely great people - Fun product with tons of opportunity for growth and mobility – there is no shortage of projects or experience one could gain - Transparency is a core value and I am amazed at the level of detail upper management provides the entire company

Cons

- There is a known lack of resources and teams are very lean - Distributed company culture is not for everyone. There are challenges and silos can happen. It takes a special personality to work here and be successful - There have been two somewhat recent reorgs, and this has left some people feeling unsettled. Ultimately, this is a growth stage startup and working here requires the flexibility to wear many hats... and roll with changes

TeamSnap2018-09-14

"Toxic engineering culture"

I have been working at TeamSnap full-time for more than a year

Pros

Remote work and good work/life balance.

Cons

Change has not been good to the engineering department. Lead engineers do nothing more than report back to the CTO, who in turn does nothing to remedy poor morale. There is no chance of growth here. If you have burned a manager in any way, prepare to be pushed out. Pay is low relative to other remote jobs. Beware of getting stuck here until something better comes along.

Advice to Management

Stop lying, backstabbing and ignoring your talented engineers. You know what the problem is but choose to ignore it. Many engineers have left because of it and many more are waiting to walk out the door. Do not wait for an exit interview to talk to your employees.

TeamSnap2018-08-29

"Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I worked at TeamSnap full-time

Pros

You can work from home or from the Boulder office and the work/life balance is actually a priority that management communicates to all. This doesn't always apply to the sales team but as with any sales role, hitting numbers comes first. Lots of great people work at this company and most are rooting for your growth and success.

Cons

As with many small companies trying to grow, there are growing pains. Expect changes in day-to-day processes and possibly in personnel from time to time. It's all in an effort to achieve targets. It's a growing company in a saturated market.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continue to treat your employees well.

TeamSnap2018-08-02

"Current Situation: Cons outweigh the Pros"

I have been working at TeamSnap for more than a year

Pros

- Remote work - Nice co-workers - Able to work autonomously - Decent benefits package - No shortage of work or projects - Brand is well known and liked

Cons

- Teams are spread thin - running extremely lean - Few opportunities for advancement and growth - If you are not in Boulder, HQ expect opportunities to be even less - Talk about culture and values but lacks sincerity and honesty - TeamSnap has lost what made it special - Leadership oblivious to low morale - Poor management of change - It has become abundantly clear that the opportunities for advancement... are not equal OR leadership is not honest when they tell employees that they are performing above expectations, yet there no opportunities presented or any discussions brought forward about opportunities for growth.

Advice to Management

Don't just talk. Walk the walk. Be sincere. Be genuine. Change has been managed poorly and continues to be managed poorly. Take the time to talk with employees, not just a select few. One year ago, I never thought that I would be writing a review in this light and it saddens me to see things have deteriorated to this point. TeamSnap is still "okay" but an "okay" place to work where folks are out staying on board... until something better comes along is not the environment where I'd like to work. Perhaps its no longer a good fit for me, just sad.

TeamSnap2018-08-06

"Disappointed and defeated"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at TeamSnap full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Coworkers - Partial remote work - Unlimited PTO

Cons

- Sales leadership views employees as numbers not people - No opportunity for career growth - SDRs are required to be in office but pay barely affords rent in Boulder - Change is rapid and very poorly communicated with no feedback from the team members it impacts

TeamSnap2018-08-08