KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,927

972 Comments

Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Former Contractor

Very collegial and supportive work environment

Jul 19, 2022 - Instructional Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Interesting projects (online course development for topics including digital health, tech literacy, agriculture...) -Highly collaborative work environment -Remote work flexible

Cons

-The course editing work can be redundant, though this is mitigated by opportunities to be involved in strategizing around effective content delivery

TechChange Response

We are grateful for your review. Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We really appreciate hearing ways that we can help balance some of the editing work. In addition to involving folks in strategic planning for content delivery, we are looking at potentially leveraging more copyeditors as well. Thank you again for your feedback.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Community-oriented work culture

Jun 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Community-oriented and collaborative culture

Cons

- Understaffed, consistently at or over capacity

TechChange Response

We greatly appreciate your feedback. So happy to hear that you enjoy the community-oriented, collaborative culture here at TechChange. We are committed to keeping work/life balance front and center as we move forward and are excited to continue to grow the TechChange team to support all of the amazing growth we are experiencing as a company. Thank you for your patience with this process. Your hard work and dedication are so appreciated.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good colleagues

May 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team of people; everyone who works here is really talented.

Cons

Fledgling tech companies have growing pains. Benefits could be more generous.

TechChange Response

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are fortunate to have an incredibly talented team here at TechChange. We are grateful for everything they (and you!) contribute to the organization. We recognize that there are challenges that come with growth and appreciate your patience and flexibility. We also plan to continue to review our benefits program to ensure we are providing the best coverage and support possible for all TechChangers. Thanks again for sharing your feedback.

4. 5.0
    Current Contractor

Technical Moderator

Jun 23, 2021 - Technical Moderator
    Business Outlook

Pros

choose your own flexible schedule

Cons

it is very fast paced

5. 5.0
    Current Contractor

Supportive collaborative team!

Apr 21, 2021 - Contractor
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Positive, healthy, and balanced work culture with passionate individuals who are supportive and value working together to meet goals

Cons

There are no cons to report.

6. 4.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Interesting place to work

Mar 20, 2021 - Program Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great flexibility and variable working hours

Cons

Difficult to communicate with senior management

7. 3.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Good mission

Mar 14, 2021 - Associate in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good team, good mission, exciting projects to work on.

Cons

Disorganized, still in start up phase

8. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good job

Dec 8, 2020 - Instructor
    Business Outlook

Pros

- smart team, lots of fun

Cons

- directions could sometimes be confusing

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Forward thinking and progressive environment!

Aug 12, 2020 - Account Manager in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Goals and objectives of company push to achieve success for all parties involved. Work aims to support the development of global adult learning through collaboration and sustainability. Educational content being developed range from tech design to COVID-19 response efforts and are able to be delivered to various online learners Across the world. Improvement of workflow processes and innovative thinking is a daily priority to ensure growth both within the company, employees, and partners.

Cons

Project deliverables and deadlines are rushed due to lack if work capacity and increased project scoping.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

note to self: Observe and accept your privilege. Invest in your employees.

Aug 6, 2019 - Instructional Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people who are attracted to TechChange are nothing short of idealistic, educated young people, and my experience working with them was wonderful, to the extent that they were supportive, creative, empathetic, and hard-working (despite being ill-compensated and undervalued. And, lied to.)

Cons

TechChange did not value any ideas contrary to management's cemented conception of success. Clear-cut, fact-based strategies were ignored and employees fired after offering constructive-criticism. This org exists in a decently competitive market where the CO's ideas could honestly flourish if properly implemented and time invested. I believe TechChange had a competitive edge based on the fact that good, smart, and energetic people applied to work there, from various backgrounds. However I found the hiring environment to be extremely elitist and I suspected preferential treatment for a particular alma mater. Managers were not honest, made promises to employees which were not kept, and falsely promoted a "social good" agenda when really, the patriarchy in the air stank, and those leading your teams were hardly compensated for their energies.

Continue reading