The Achievement Network Reviews | Glassdoor

The Achievement Network Reviews

Updated Apr 10, 2019

3.3
The Achievement Network CEO Mora Segal (no image)
Mora Segal

"Great Organization, Impactful Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at The Achievement Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work environment, invest heavily in their people, equity driven organization.

Cons

Differentiation and targeting of professional development. We work in a dynamic environment, schools, and have dynamic needs associated with our work. This is something I know the organization is continually working towards.

The Achievement Network2019-04-10

"A mixed bag"

I worked at The Achievement Network full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some truly lovely, intelligent, and dedicated people work here. There's a lot of emphasis on teambuilding and collaboration. Very open to working remotely and flexible scheduling. Generous vacation policy. Schools are generally grateful and thrilled to work with ANet.

Cons

The culture of nice masks abundant tensions. There are turf wars occurring that are nowhere near resolved. Some high-level managers are rude, exceedingly difficult to work with, and have been the subject of multiple complaints, but nothing has been done about them. Too many things at ANet are made unnecessarily complicated with endless back and forth, even over minutiae. Although one of the organization's stated... values is bold thinking, timidity and indecision better characterize ANet. It wants to move away from being known for assessments, but not everyone wants to follow suit.

Advice to Management

Trust, or the lack thereof, is a major issue and needs to be addressed ASAP. Stop ignoring the problematic behavior of rude managers because they are high up the food chain; they're driving good people away. Figure out how to streamline processes, not every single project requires 12 layers of feedback. Decide what you want to focus on and what kind of organization you want to be.

The Achievement Network2019-02-06

"Great Org for a Great Cause"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at The Achievement Network full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits are some of the best I've seen, as it the overall holiday/vacation/PTO package. Work comes with a sense of purpose, which makes it something you really care about doing each day. Overall I would say that the team members are personable and engaged in the work and collaborative - aligning with the stated core values. The senior team is very engaged in the work and ensuring the health and sustainability... of the org as a whole.

Cons

Work/life balance can be hard, especially on smaller teams.

Advice to Management

Try to ensure roles are structured so there is more cross-training on all teams, not just those that seem to lend themselves to it naturally.

The Achievement Network2018-12-28

"What actually happens here?"

I worked at The Achievement Network full-time

Pros

Great health insurance, PTO, and other benefits.

Cons

This company just kind of circles around and around. What do they accomplish? They spend a lot of time congratulating themselves on how much time they spend helping kids, but it's hard to find any concrete proof of that actually happening. Management finds tons of ways to justify low wages while still sacking on work to the point where it's almost unsustainable. You won't get promoted, you won't get recognized... for your work. Management does everything they can to cover their own rears. You are totally disposable, despite the "one big happy family" vibe that everyone there tries to project. It's a really disappointing place to work.

The Achievement Network2019-01-08

"DIRECTOR"

I have been working at The Achievement Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

Driven by Core Values of the organization. We seek to provide opportunities for students beyond high school.

Cons

This is not for someone who cannot work independently and collaboratively as well.

The Achievement Network2018-12-01

"Mission Driven Org"

I have been working at The Achievement Network

Pros

People are very smart and absolutely committed to solving problems related to student achievement and equity across the education sector. I've seen people across teams go above and beyond to support schools and teachers we serve.

Cons

Like many organizations, there tends to be a lot of process and too many meetings that often bog down decision making. Teams are actively working to streamline processes and be more "agile" in decision making.

The Achievement Network2018-11-15
  7. "Accounting Assistant"

I have been working at The Achievement Network part-time

Pros

Learned a lot regarding general field of accounting

Cons

Could be repetitive but it is an accounting internship so I do not mind it whatsoever

The Achievement Network2018-10-23

"Nonprofit struggles to help"

I worked at The Achievement Network full-time

Pros

Work/life balance is a plus

Cons

Pricing fails to make sense Overpriced for schools Not able to show change in schools Low wages

The Achievement Network2018-11-15

"Committed leadership, mission driven"

I have been working at The Achievement Network full-time

Pros

Focused on schools Great work-life balance Passionate and fun co-workers

Cons

I can't think of any

The Achievement Network2018-09-10

"Great work/life balance, but technologies are not all "modern""

I have been working at The Achievement Network full-time

Pros

Amazing tech team, from managers to developers. Everyone is incredibly smart and nice. Ability to work remotely is a huge plus. Great work/life balance.

Cons

Parts of certain applications have lots of annoying legacy code. Being tied to the school year makes sustainable, good tech development difficult - also sometimes prevents making bold technical decisions that would be beneficial in the long-run.

The Achievement Network2018-08-16