KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

ThirdLove Reviews

Updated May 22, 2022

Found 185 of over 190 reviews

3.6
ThirdLove CEO and Co-Founder  Heidi Zak (no image)
Heidi Zak

What people are saying about ThirdLove

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people come to work at ThirdLove!(in 14 reviews)
  • "Great people and team that is not valued by direction.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Just amazing people, really great management and founders (kind(in 11 reviews)
  • "Everyone is easy(in 9 reviews)
  • "The Director of CX and CX Sales Manager AL are really what make this place worth all the normal customer service struggles.(in 8 reviews)
Cons
  • "6) The pay is far below market average for most roles.(in 12 reviews)
  • "You will be taken advantage of, exploited by upper management, and still be in credit card debt because you only make $50,000.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Low wages(in 5 reviews)
  • "Bad leadership.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Long hours here too but they give you flexibility in your schedule to allow you to find the time.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Veteran Status

This rating reflects the overall rating of ThirdLove and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work, HAPPY

Nov 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Transparency and just good people trying to make the world a better place. Leaders who care and work hard, not just manage. Good perks and a product / brand your friends envy you for (ie 'thats so cool you work at thirdlove' i get that all the time!). The younger employees don't understand how special it is.

Cons

In downtown SF can be hard to get with return to work happening now. Remote vs in person mix is looking very good though so happy about the decisions made regarding that. Not much else to say on cons.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Ehh

May 22, 2022 - Fit Stylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Helping people find their sizing

Cons

There were very Low wages

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Learning Opportunity

Apr 19, 2022 - Senior Financial Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great learning opportunities Collaborative environment

Cons

Need to be proactive about building out your personal roadmap (promotions, etc.) Slow to backfill positions

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Happy, lots of opportunity, highly recommend to others

Jul 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really like the team I work with, the job is interesting most days, the mission of ThirdLove is so much better than other companies I’ve worked at. The Founder’s and leadership team are good to work for, they share the goals and plans for ThirdLove with all of us transparency is really good here and the leaders genuinely care for employees which is so different than my last company, my manager is empathic (some days are tough we’re moving fast and things have gone sideways at times as to be expected) and are generally good people. This is a great place to work and I really have nothing but positive things to say. Feels like we're a small startupish team , which is not for everyone, operating at a big scale. If you want a big company with a lot of structure don't come really not for you.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say I love my job, like this company a lot, and can see myself here for a long time. I am glad I went with my gut this is a uniquely great company with a strong mission and really good people.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growing on the outside, rewarding on the inside

May 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Kind, brilliant, and capable people working in every department - Amazing products and a fiercely loyal customers which is so rare for a brand, this company has a big future I am happy to be a part of it - Always busy, always something new and exciting around the corner - People team works hard to promote positive relationships across teams and throws bonding and learning events (parties, happy hours, speakers, coffee chats, etc) though sometimes mismatch with people team too - Great parental leave policy—16 weeks fully paid - Two founders seem to really care about people and our work, comes across as genuine, and they have hired a strong leadership team esp in last two years, I really can't think of anyone I don't respect and think is smart - Heidi is an inspiration, she is a badass - Hopeful that the current problems are just growing pains and typical of a startup

Cons

- Noticeable decline in work-life balance over the past year, so much to do if you like being busy and being stretched I personally do, ThirdLove is for you - Increasingly high expectations - Basically, great at bringing in new top talent but growing pains nurturing that talent, people ops doesn't do a great job and the systems they have built and use are jv

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

It's an honor to work here

May 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

ThirdLove has a safe, inclusive and empowering work environment. I can be transparent with my manager and feel as if my voice is heard on our team. I have incredible opportunities as a creative to learn and grow within TL, and feel there are ways if desired for me to work my way up in the company. Everyone I have had the opportunity to meet has been warm, welcoming, and passionate (maybe too passionate we work hard). The current SF office is beautiful and such a great space to work in - creative team is on the top floor, with high ceilings, tons of light, lots of boards to tack stuff onto, and beautiful product to look at. I feel blessed to work here!

Cons

My voice is actively heard within my immediate team but I feel as if it is up to you to find ways to converse with people outside your team. We had happy hours when the office was open but there was often just pods of people sticking to their own team and not a lot of cross socialization. I did not feel as if compensation was a huge benefit to this role, the other benefits can at times make up for it. It's clear looking around the bay area, there are big companies (facebook, amazon, apple, etc) you could go to to make more money but then your just one person making almost no impact. Working at a smaller company that has found strong product market fit and culturally is a startup is for me, I have determined.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

What a shame...

Apr 13, 2022 - Brand Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I wish I had more pros to share. I did at a certain point, but towards the end of my journey here, it was all erased from my mind and turned out to be one of the worst experiences. I do have to say that I did gain experience from all of this and made some wonderful friends who also went through the same things many other employees did. Truly wish it ended differently.

Cons

I've stayed away from posting any of my experience on here because thinking back to how toxic this place was brings me to a negative space. But, I finally feel at peace to share my part. I truly don't believe management has any human decency that isn't self-serving. Everything "nice" or "good" that they did was to help portray this caring, kind and pure image of themselves. And I say this because of how they treated employees (including myself) on a personal and professional level which was degrading and disrespectful. They underpay pretty much everyone. I technically operated at a manager level as the team shifted and they still refused to promote or offer a pay raises to myself or the rest of my team. Management expected a lot from you. A lot. During the beginning of the pandemic, we were told, "Your hours are no longer 9-5. Prepare to now work from 9am to 7pm every day. No questions asked." And we did. Sometimes we even worked until 9pm. It was tough and our team had no life outside of work for months. They will find ways to manipulate and twist situations. They even put a former manager of mine in a position to try and push me out of the company because my role was allegedly too costly for them and as soon as I caught on I was let go a couple months later in the pandemic before the holidays. It rocked my world in the worst way possible and I'm still trying to recover. I had such strong love, faith, and loyalty for this company. I was their number one fan, but none of that truly mattered.

11 people found this review helpful

ThirdLove Response

Vice President, People

Thank you for your feedback. Our top priority is to provide our teammates with respect and care for their wellbeing and career development. One way is via offering regular promotions. Another way is through encouraging work-life balance via wellness days and no-meeting days and more. Lastly, we are recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups and are a certified Great Place to Work and continue to receive feedback on how we are doing from engagement surveys and wellbeing checkins so that we can improve in the future. We are sorry that you lost your job during the pandemic. ThirdLove — like many other companies — struggled with right-sizing our business during an unprecedented, stressful, worldwide public health emergency. We wish you the best and thank you for all of your efforts here. If you have any additional input, please reach out to me at serena at thirdlove dot com.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee

Apr 10, 2022 - Influencer Marketing Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

get to work with a great group of women

Cons

not flexible, limited vacation/sick time

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Just doing this to use Glassdoor

May 18, 2022 - Customer Sucess Specialist in Chico, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

snacks, benefits, PTO, good team, ok management

Cons

high expectations, pay not equal to work, rude customers, more areas for growth, ok

Be the first to find this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee

Work somewhere else

Mar 13, 2022 - Customer Service in Chico, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management was really awful about micromanaging and changing procedures daily. It was seriously impossible to stay on top of all the changes. The micromanaging all stemmed from the horribly narcissistic owner, David. He would tell us often that he was the hardest-working person in the company, as if that was supposed to raise morale? His wife was involved only to the point of being the face of the company so they could make it seem like the company was led by women. David needs to get a grip on himself and his overblown ego and pay his employees a liveable wage.

Cons

Literally every aspect of working here was a con

6 people found this review helpful

ThirdLove Response

Vice President, People

Thank you for sharing your experience at ThirdLove. I am sorry that your experience at ThirdLove did not meet your expectations. The morale of our customer experience team is on average relatively high (as shown in regular employee surveys), and the leaders of our customer experience team are women (although of course we welcome participation from a diverse range of teammates). The procedures used in customer experience have remained stable and are clearly communicated to the team. Our pay is based on market evaluation and individual performance. In addition to pay we also have a generous PTO policy and other perks along the way. Thank you for your contribution here at ThirdLove; we wish you the best of luck. Please contact serena at ThirdLove dot com with any additional feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 185 Reviews

ThirdLove Reviews FAQs

ThirdLove has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 190 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at ThirdLove to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, ThirdLove employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at ThirdLove. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

66% of ThirdLove employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated ThirdLove 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at ThirdLove to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with ThirdLove Job Seekers