Tilray Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Tilray Reviews

Updated Oct 14, 2019

Found 29 reviews

3.9
Tilray CEO Brendan Kennedy (no image)
Brendan Kennedy

"Great employer in Nanaimo"

I have been working at Tilray full-time for less than a year

Pros

Brought good jobs to our city and is great for our community.

Cons

I really can't think of any

Tilray2016-01-07

August 29, 2017Director, HR

Thank you for your comments! I find so many of our employees are passionate about what we do for our patients. It's great employees like yourself that make Tilray a great place to work.

2. "Doing their Best"

Current Employee - Production Technician in Nanaimo, BC

I have been working at Tilray full-time for more than a year

Pros

Reasonable Starting Pay Decent job Training Health Benefits are decent Supervisors want you to succeed

Cons

No real job improvement opportunities Pay increases are small and far between Work is very physical

Advice to Management

Create an actual wage increase for 6months - 1 year and every year after to ensure people want to stay Add glasses to health plan as over 60% of employees wear glasses and currently use most of the spending account to purchase glasses instead of on physio or chiropractor which would help manage the stress on the body this job requires.

Tilray2019-10-14

"Start up"

Current Employee - Finance in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Tilray full-time for less than a year

Pros

Snacks, cool ppl, office and location

Cons

No direction, lack of training, system has issues, etc

Advice to Management

Upgrade acumatica

Tilray2019-07-29
  4. "Communication is wonderful"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midtown Toronto, ON

I have been working at Tilray full-time for more than a year

Pros

communication is respect is very prominent

Cons

I think every company can have some imperfections

Advice to Management

Keep up with all of the communication. Its wonderful

Tilray2019-05-23

"Favourite Job I've Had Yet"

Current Employee - Network/Systems Engineer

I have been working at Tilray full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Every day has interesting challenges to deal with. I have never had a boring day at work. - Lots of opportunity for advancement. - Your ideas can be heard! - Team members are amazing. - Pay is competitive for the roles from the roles I know. - I enjoy going to work and feel like I am making a difference. - Certain positions travel and it can be a great way to see some places you might not normally go.

Cons

- With the amazing challenges, it can be insanely busy. You have to make the best of this though. You can read these reviews, they all say it's crazy busy - it is, we are in a rapidly growing industry. See the silver lining because the grind can be rewarding. - There are clear growing pains. It is visible that the leaders are taking initiative to alleviate the pains though.

Advice to Management

Keep fighting through the growing pains. Things are visibly improving as we go! We need to go where the talent is, not hope the talent comes to our locations. It seems we are doing this with some of the leaders, I think we need to do this for other roles too.

Tilray2019-05-06

"Tilray"

Former Employee - Horticulturist in Nanaimo, BC

I worked at Tilray full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good hours and interesting job

Cons

Low pay, low opportunity to move forward

Tilray2019-04-15

April 29, 2019Director, HR

Thank you for your comments, it is appreciated. We will be commencing a process to review the local market to ensure our pay is competitive.

7. "Passionate Cannabis Family"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Nanaimo, BC

I have been working at Tilray full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are amazing. I have never worked with such a such smart, diverse group of people! To be passionate about what we do and have fun doing it.. even if its stressful sometimes its what working should be like . There is room to advance if you put in your time and work hard. Great benefits and perks. The quality of the cannabis and ensuring a comfortable and safe work environment for employees are very ... important. They take good care of their people. I have met some of my best friends here.

Cons

Hard business to keep up with if you cant handle change. Because of the fast paced industry there is pressure to perform at a top level all of the time. Stressful if you let it be, a good work/life balance is crucial.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Tilray2019-02-20

April 29, 2019Director, HR

Thank you for posting. We would like to hear your ideas about how we can better manage change. Please drop by HR or reach out by email, your feedback is very important to us.

"Mixed bag for CSRs"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Graveyard Shift in Nanaimo, BC

I worked at Tilray full-time for less than a year

Pros

No sales pressue Very little micromanaging Good benefits

Cons

Bad training Poor liviving wage for their CSRs Mislabeled jobs ( night shift CSRs rarely deal with customers and instead handle medical administrative duties) Management needs training in HR policies and provincial employment standards.

Advice to Management

Pay your CSRs more than what you do if they're full time. Especially if there's a commute outside of the city like there is for the Nanaimo office. Adequately label job positions Management needs to look at larger sample sizes to determine how well an employee is doing. An error rate of 3% when dealing with thousands of documents is good, yet in training they tell you that you're going to be judged on 10% of... your work. There's a massive disconnect there which needs to be fixed. Make sure management understands employment standards, I saw several things which would have gotten Tilray in hot water in regards to ignoring safety concerns in the office which employees reported and was ignored until people started getting physically ill. Overall, most of these issues need to be rectified at an upper management level.

Tilray2019-01-25

April 29, 2019Director, HR

Thank you for your advice. We recently completed a survey with the CSR team to see what and how we can improve. We are in the process of working on those items.

9. "A booming industry!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nanaimo, BC

I have been working at Tilray full-time for more than a year

Pros

Its a fast paced and dynamic workplace in a booming industry! Hard work is rewarded and fantastic people to work with and for. Everything you do can make a difference.

Cons

If you cant keep up then you will fall behind. I dont see this as a negative as you can expect the people beside you to be working just as hard!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and thank you for all your efforts!

Tilray2018-12-23

April 29, 2019Director, HR

Thank you for your feedback! If you have ideas how we can make Tilray even better, please come see us in HR. We love feedback!

10. "Growth Mode"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Tilray full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ambitious company with significant opportunity ahead. Strategically well-positioned to capitalize. Smart people who are able to drive a healthy balance in the workplace.

Cons

Candidly it's hard work, but that's part of being in a booming industry.

Tilray2018-12-20

April 29, 2019Director, HR

I agree with you, very exciting industry will lots of work to be accomplished. Let us know if there is something we can assist with or support employees. The more feedback the more capable we are with assisting with these types of challenges.

Found 29 reviews