TouchPoint Support Services Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
TouchPoint Support Services CEO Scott MacLellan
Scott MacLellan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There is opportunity for growth at every turn within the TouchPoint family" (in 4 reviews)

• "Great leaders, great culture making a difference every day in people's lives" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Staffing issues can sometimes make work/life balance difficult" (in 7 reviews)

• "Constant rotations because no one ever wants to stay" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to build a career"

I have been working at TouchPoint Support Services full-time

Pros

TouchPoint has a great culture, focused on caring for patients as well as fostering growth and development for it's team members. Really good onboarding program for every level. Leadership obviously cares about people and lives the mission. I have worked in multiple positions for many different bosses, and have had a great experience at every step.

Cons

The healthcare industry is going through major changes to align with new laws and reimbursements. Enjoying a fast paced and changing environment is a must.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "Great Culture"

I have been working at TouchPoint Support Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

President and CEO are awesome leaders and create a great culture.

Cons

Sometimes you experience long hours

3. "atmosphere depends on the hospital"

Current Employee - Clinical Dietitian
    Current Employee - Clinical Dietitian

I have been working at TouchPoint Support Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the hospital/account is what makes this job a good one

Cons

poor pay/raises, management does not even know what a RD does, says you are a manager when you dont manage anything other than yourself

4. "Not enough staff"

Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Bolingbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Bolingbrook, IL

I have been working at TouchPoint Support Services part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hours are never past 8pm in most circumstances

Cons

Never enough staff to give good employees sufficient time off

5. "Good hours, good management, tough job, tough coworkers"

Current Employee - Hospital Food Service in Binghamton, NY
    Current Employee - Hospital Food Service in Binghamton, NY

I have been working at TouchPoint Support Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Touchpoint services is another one of those global conglomerate food companies that service anything from Campus' to hospitals. There are many opportunities for you to advance into the company and eventually get a management position or raise. If you work full time you can get hours and there was health insurance included
    - Overtime is there if you want it

Cons

- Coworkers (especially older ones) will look down on newcomers and be passive aggressive and harass you if you don't complete your work in time and just in general
    - The company expects personalized service for each customer AND you must be fast doing it
    - Coworkers are unresponsive and carry a permanent scowl from years of drudging away at this job(I once said good morning 3 weeks in a row to one of my older coworkers without as much as a head nod of acknowledgment)
    - Stock levels being missing or not refilled in a timely manner by other members of the team impedes your progress and soon becomes a logistical nightmare in a job where even losing 5 minutes could snowball into 30+ minutes
    - Management promised a 10-minute break for every 4 hours of work but you'll be lucky if you are even able to get a drink of water without coworkers and management hassling you about it
    - A VERY physically demanding job, you have to walk and run around the entire location serving every patient without a chance to catch breathe
    - In addition to this being twice (or maybe even 3) times as harder than a comparable job at a local restaurant or fast food chain store you still get minimum wage
    - The theme of the location and geographic area is predominantly Christan but it feels weird and even insensitive to other religions to shoe-horn the theme into every part of the service.
    - Because of the physically demanding aspects of the job if you don't get a full 8 hours of sleep beforehand you will be physically exhausted to the point of falling asleep immediately when you get home only to wake up and do it again

Advice to Management

Get more people to handle task related to patients
    Give 10 minutes breaks to retain employee sanity
    Steer away from religious themes or celebrate them all equally
    -Pay employees more, the disparity between the difficulty of the jobs VARY GREATLY but roles are still paid the same low wage

"TouchPoint is the worst when dealing with it's employees."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

I worked at TouchPoint Support Services part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The best reason to work for Touchpoint is because there would be no other jobs available at the time.

Cons

The downside of working for Touchpoint is your health and well being.

Advice to Management

Try to take notice of the good things and accomplishments made by your employee's. Don't accuse them of wrong doings unless you know the facts, if you can't do this, you should go out of business or let someone else take over.

"Not a very good start"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

I have been working at TouchPoint Support Services full-time

Pros

So far none , but it's a job for now

Cons

They just took over housekeeping for are hospital , seems very unorganized and a little shady .Benefits are not very good, basically your gonna get a health care plan off the Obama care exchanges.

8. "Purpose Driven"

I have been working at TouchPoint Support Services full-time

Pros

The TouchPoint culture is great. It's a family of compassionate people whose job it is to care for others. We provide love and healing care to patients.

Cons

If your purpose isn't to serve others then you might not like it.

9. "RDO"

Current Employee - RDO in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - RDO in Detroit, MI

I have been working at TouchPoint Support Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We have a strong culture of love and we are people focused. That allows me to live my purpose everyday!

Cons

We do have a very fast moving business with many moving facets. That can challenge our ability to fully focus on our people as much as we would like to.

Advice to Management

Please continue to increase level of transparent communication and expect all leaders to operate this way. Inclusive leadership needs to be top of mind.

10. "Regional Director of Operations"

Current Employee - Regional Director
    Current Employee - Regional Director

I have been working at TouchPoint Support Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Executive Presence and Support. High Integrity, Trust and Accountability for leaders at all levels

Cons

Continue focus on Intranet upgrades

Advice to Management

Continue to integrate new technology