Towergate Insurance Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2020

2.7
Towergate Insurance CEO David Ross  (no image)
David Ross
Pros
  • "Great work culture, really enjoyed being at Towergate the team are great(in 22 reviews)

• "Good people - dynamic company - always evolving(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "This review is completely for Towergate Telford and not to be taken for any other site as I always heard great feedback about the other sites(in 28 reviews)

• "There is being a team player and then there is just being ignorant to the problems around you because you don't want to upset senior management(in 17 reviews)

1. "Ok"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Surrey, ND

I worked at Towergate Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Learnt so much, put through lots of training

Cons

Management in branch were awful.

2. "Great team"

5.0
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Towergate Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very smart team with a wealth of knowledge. Always willing to help each other. Everyone gets on very well and our department head is the most thoughtful and encouraging manager I have had the pleasure to work for.

Cons

Honestly havent got a bad word to say.

3. "Its a good company to work for"

Current Employee - Head of Sales in London, England

I have been working at Towergate Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company dont micro manage, they financially support qualifications and offer a good pay package and benefits.

Cons

none that I can think of

4. "Good Company to work For"

Current Employee - Insurance Advisor in London, England

I have been working at Towergate Insurance full-time

Pros

Large company with many different niche markets.

Cons

Generally offer Lower End Salaries compared to other competitors

5. "If only 0 stars was an option"

Former Employee - Account Handler in Telford, England

I worked at Towergate Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The best reason to work at Towergate Telford has to be the staff there are a number of genuinely lovely members of staff who try to make every newcomer to the business welcome, I can only assume they are so good at this as there is now a new starter every 2 weeks as staff are constantly leaving. Some of the directors are absolutely brilliant at what they do and are far too overshadowed by the bad ones.

Cons

This review is completely for Towergate Telford and not to be taken for any other site as I always heard great feedback about the other sites. However Towergate Telford is an extremely unhealthy business to work for. It is very mentally taxing and has affected a number of employees mental health. The management approach is fear and stress motivation so as long as your used to feeling threatened day to day this will be a great company for you. The senior director likes to bully and intimidate all employees of the business unless your there flavour of the month, however the directors to offer training towards your IF qualifications which is great dependant on which director you get as some like to use completely made up stories to help you remember which is useful but never actually allows you to learn or understand instead you must just remember their ridiculous stories, which are often filled with extremely inappropriate sexual references, which is very uncomfortable for a number of young employees coming in to the business but to afraid to call out the appalling behaviour from the director. The pay is minimal the workload is maximum and overall it is an awful business to work for.

Continue reading
  6. "The company gets worse - NOT better"

Current Employee - Insurance in London, England

I have been working at Towergate Insurance full-time

Pros

If payroll doesn’t mess up you get paid monthly

Cons

There are too many - it used to be a great company and a great place to work. The company is a great big mess - more than it ever was under Peter Cullum. The Atlanta part of Ardonagh is a joke!!! There are too many people with massive egos with the title director, when they could not direct traffic! Someone should only be called a director is they are on the board, otherwise they are just managers!! It is very much a clique at senior and mid management level. The Operations section of the business is a utter shambles!!! They needs to stop with the cliques and promoting people if their face fits!! You have nowhere to raise your concerns David Ross says you can contact him, but I’m sure if we went to him with our issues, we’d be out of the door pretty quickly!!

7. "Avoid at all costs!"

Current Employee - Account Handler

I have been working at Towergate Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

None none none none none

Cons

Bullying Rancid atmosphere Poor management Ridiculous workloads

8. "Immature management"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Telford, England

I worked at Towergate Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management bought a table football for the breakout area but it's a small child's table so you have to bend over to use it and the bars are bent as it's so cheap.

Cons

Managers opening shout each other down on the shopfloor. Atmosphere at work is to keep workers in a mindset that they are in school. High turnover of staff. Those that stay are down trodden and have the mindset that they are being paid however the psychological impact of working there is worse than the benefits. Small core of bullying managers that carry on as upper management are too inept to deal with. For the very low wages you also have to pass financial exams which you would be paid more for and treated like an adult in a supermarket stacking shelves.

9. "Towergate"

Former Employee - Insurance Executive

I worked at Towergate Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people, the job was okay.

Cons

Salary could be more competitive.

10. "Great Company of your boss is good"

Former Employee - Sales Support in Reading, England

I worked at Towergate Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work life balance, nice team

Cons

Salary is average in a Non Sales role

Found 232 reviews