Townsquare Interactive Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Townsquare Interactive President Tim Pirrone
Tim Pirrone

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The culture and work environment is very fun and always exciting (in 9 reviews)

• It would be a great job for someone just out of school or wanting to get into a fast paced digital marketing company (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • ll have a massive (and I mean massive) book of business which is difficult to manage and a manager breathing down your neck to make sure you (in 5 reviews)

• Its a great place for younger professionals but not as much for more mature professionals (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"There's a reason TSI is ranked as a 'Best Place To Work'"

Current Employee - ISS Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - ISS Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Townsquare Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Uplifting, energetic, fast-pace environment. Every day is different, in a good way. Small, intimate teams where the managers and teammates are encouraging and inclusive. Individual and team contests are always in play, with the prizes ranging from $ to swag, to team outings, getting out of work early, etc. It's sales, so you get out of it what you put in. You can make a ton of commission. They pay 70% commission on every sale regardless of the dollar size of the deal. I haven't seen any other sales job out there that pays out uncapped commissions that high. They also have multiple promotion tiers where you can earn up to $10k added to your base that aren't based on tenure or how well you're liked, but strictly on your sales performance.

Cons

Non-applicable-I'm very happy with my job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! It's apparent that you truly care about each rep, and invest in everybody on a one-on-one basis, pertinent to how they need to be trained/managed.

2. "National Account Executive"

Current Employee - National Sales Account Executive in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - National Sales Account Executive in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Townsquare Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great atmosphere
    - Quick promotion opportunities
    - Blatantly laid out commission and promotion tiers and bonuses (you hit your numbers, you get promoted, plain and simple)
    - Great coaching
    - Benefits 3 wks vacation
    - Competitive base + uncapped commission
    - Only promote from within

Cons

- Cold calling isn't for everyone

Feb 8, 2018 – Marketing Strategist

Thanks for the feedback! We're happy to see that you recognize the opportunity to take your career to the next level and hope you have continued success at Townsquare Interactive.

3. "Fun Place!!"

I have been working at Townsquare Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Such a fun place to work. Always holding fun competitions, company wide breakfast's once a month, great culture. A lot of young people which keeps things lively. Management truly cares about the success of the employees and is always willing to help if needed.

Cons

Paying for parking uptown.

Feb 8, 2018 – Social Media Marketing Specialist

Thanks for the feedback!

4. "Onboarding Specialist"

Former Employee - Onboarding Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Onboarding Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Townsquare Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved my team and my boss.

Cons

constant change in "bonus " structure
    No communication
    Upper management are in their 20's they don't have the experience yet
    Constant meetings, like everyday meetings from townhalls to morning meetings.

Advice to Management

Hire qualified directors.

Feb 8, 2018 – Social Media Marketing Specialist

Thanks for your honest feedback. We take pride in training and developing young leaders and finding great positions for our people within the organization. While we have recently made some changes in... More

5. "Onboarding"

I worked at Townsquare Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good for entry level candidates out of school looking to gain resume experience

Cons

Terrible management. Micromanaged would be an understatement. Managers send condescending emails based of emotion and do not demonstrate strong leadership capabilities. Mainly because they are way to young to be managers because the company is young and they needed someone to do the job. You should really re-evaluate who you have as your director and your managers under her. Bad internal energy will spread to external customers, which is why you're down in sales as well.

Advice to Management

Hire more senior and MATURE managers so you would reduce turnover and excel the skill sets of the employees you suffocate with your micromanagement ways.

Feb 13, 2018 – Marketing Strategist

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We're sorry you didn't have a positive experience with our company, and will take this feedback into consideration.

6. "Great company!"

I worked at Townsquare Interactive full-time

Pros

very nice people to work with, flexible schedule, good environment

Cons

difficult to meet all standards

7. "If it’s really the best place to work in Charlotte why is the turnover so high?"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Townsquare Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I honestly don’t have one nice thing to say about this sweat shop. It was the worst place I ever worked.

Cons

It’s awful. Seriously. Stay away. There’s a few reps that have been here for years and get fed leads and accounts. You’ll be able to pick them out within a couple weeks.

The managers are awful. They only help their favorites. They’re all super young and have no idea what they’re doing. FYI if you got promoted because you were great at closing leads that were handed to you by the boss you were probably blowing, you probably don’t know how to lead a team to success.

Townsquare’s major problem is they think they signing up as many people as possible will grow them. No, keeping your current employees will help you grow. You lose time constantly having to hire and train new people.

Townsquare has been talking about growing for years. Yet I’m pretty sure they haven’t grown that much. Nothing exciting. Nothing extraordinary.

They win best places to work every year because they force their favorites to fill out surveys. Also if you read all the reviews on this site all the “good” ones were posted on the same exact day and say the same stuff. Hmm coincidence? I think not. Isn’t that illegal?

Just stay away from here unless you’re absolutely desperate because they will hire anyone. Trust me. Then get what you need and run as fast as you can.

Advice to Management

Hire a management team that actually knows how to manage.

Feb 12, 2018 – Marketing Strategist

We're sorry to hear that this was your experience at Townsquare Interactive. Our environment certainly isn't a "sweat shop" and we are proud to help young leaders develop their careers and find their... More

8. "Fun place, tough job"

I have been working at Townsquare Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment
    Lots of potential for growth with the company if you work hard

Cons

Management favors some people
    Training program is not very good (but appears to be getting better)

9. "Setting You Up For Success"

Current Employee - SEO Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - SEO Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Townsquare Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent training where you get to know and understand all the positions and what they do in the company. This allows you to grasp the whole process (not just what you do). Most companies throw you in the deep end and hope for the best---then wonder why turnover is high. Here, from what I've seen, they allow you to ramp up and get comfortable with what you are doing before you go all-in.

Cons

None at the moment

Jan 2, 2018 – Marketing Strategist

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear our training has prepared you for your career at Townsquare Interactive. We do our best to ensure our employees understand every aspect of our... More

10. "A great place to grow personally and professionally"

I have been working at Townsquare Interactive full-time

Pros

A fast-paced environment that provides a great mixture of work AND play for professionals of all ages. A diverse group of people are really the heart of Townsquare, so it's awesome for meeting outgoing and like-minded individuals. If you work hard and listen to the coaching you are given the possibilities are endless. As people say, you get out of it what you put in.

Cons

It's a sales job, so, it's going to be a grind. Having said that, they make it very clear what the job will entail when they bring you in to shadow and interview, so, you really shouldn't come in and find anything unexpected.

Advice to Management

Give new employees the opportunity to control their own destiny from the start of the sale until the end. It's understandable you want more seasoned reps to close down a sale and credited with setting someone else up, but, it gives you little control over how it ends.