TutorVista Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Cheated"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annandale, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annandale, VA

I have been working at TutorVista part-time

Pros

Can not be trusted. I was cheated by this website for a job that they claim they would do.

Cons

Your review
    The Tutor website promised me to pay me back $250.00 after paying them full amount. After my daughter started using their website for her homework and assignments, she got a notice one day that this website, "TutorVista we be upgrading the site and promised me to reimburse my account for the remaining $250.00. So far they did not. I tried to contact them to see when they will do it. Their email says, within few days and now it has been almost three months. I kept checking my account if they had sent the reimbursement. No, Nada!!
    A promise is a promise! When you break a promise, no matter how small it may seem to you, alarm bells aren’t going to go off, but it can damage a relationship or your reputation. Think about it, they promised me and nothing has happened. Do I trusted them any more? NO. Please be careful. I will see if they can read this and be more responsible for their clients for the main future, if not they have to be avoided any cost. Beware people!!!

2. "Ok place to gain some online experience"

Pros

Good place to learn about the online tutoring techniques and master your subject . Yu get to meet different types of students with different kinds of subject help, this helps you master your skills

Cons

Company will expect you to be in the shoe of the student . Sometimes it gets really very hectic . Back to back sessions kills you

3. "Bad Pay and Support"

Current Employee - Part Time Science Teacher in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Part Time Science Teacher in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at TutorVista part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a work from home job.

Cons

The pay rate is very low, about $1/hour and most of the time there are no students as number of teachers are high in number.

Advice to Management

Try to balance the teacher student ratio or else all the staff will leave sooner or later.

4. "Tutor"

I worked at TutorVista part-time

Pros

Good, need to have good subject knowledge to deliver.

Cons

None. Its best for freshers in education

5. "I worked at TutorVista for more than 4 years"

I have been working at TutorVista full-time

Pros

They put money over GOALS, they really do.
    There are nice places to eat and chill.
    There is some amount of leeway in terms of work.

Cons

Forget money, salaries are not going to be great, and join only if your passion lies in doing stuff.
    Founders maybe awesome, but the management below is disappointing, and it is because they let really talented people go and either hire new managers or just award managership to people who managed to stay.

The balance is missing, their criteria for evaluation of employees is not good enough.

Financial outlook is ruining the atmosphere, where you see coordinators being more rewarded than inventors.Meanwhile innovation skills are literally awarded in penniless kudos.

Talking about talent, they are primarily an education based company trying very hard to be relevant in the market. Thus their main assets should be the people who are really good at innovation rather than mundane tasks.

But under financial pressures they let go off a lot of irreplaceable talent.
    If you are planning to build a career here, it is going to be tough. Because all promotions are perception based, and that perception can be skewed against you, especially if you are not going in sync with the wishes of managers.

If you are not interested in education, don't join this company.
    If you are interested in education, join the company, remain interested in education, but don't get interested in company, because you would lose interest and focus because of management.

Advice to Management

Advice to Management

You still have a lot of ground to stand on. Heed to the complaints of the people who leave. They are not wrong, even if they are blaming you.
    Don't try to be what you are not, a megastar company in education. Even if your CEO says so. Be what you have always been.
    Your financial turnover is not reaping you great results. Get back to basics. Stop banging your heads to retain your product.
    You still have an upper hand in research, but it will not be always. Other companies are working, your alumni are working day and night. And if you are just struggling to get money out of bad product, you are missing the whole point.

6. "Review of working at tutorvista as a Math tutor"

I have been working at TutorVista part-time

Pros

Get to learn new Web oriented technology

Cons

Low salary.Need to sit idle most of time.Students not available mostly.Not for long term.

Advice to Management

Increase the pay to tutors and see that tutors get regular sessions.It does not feel good when tutors are sitting idle infront of screen and not getting students to teach.

7. "Good company"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at TutorVista full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supportive Colleagues & Managers, nice place for a fresher to start off. Lot of learnings

Cons

Have to be more structured

"Very good"

I have been working at TutorVista part-time

Pros

Nice atmosphere, infrastructure, location and services.

Cons

i didn't find anything yet.

"Best in its field"

Pros

Lot of students to teach
    Incentives on Sat and Sun

Cons

Nothing as such. Brilliant in every department

Advice to Management

Best Management. Listens carefully and diligently does its work

10. "Poor Management, More Stress on TUTORS and low pay rates""

Former Employee - Online Tutor in New Delhi (India)
    Former Employee - Online Tutor in New Delhi (India)

Pros

For fresher it is good to understand industry
    No dress code, get to work from home as much or as little as you want"
    job is easy, Pay is very low compared to others but they will accept anybody until you clear the tests.

Cons

"The students are rude, impatient, and lazy" low pay

Advice to Management

Poor Management , it need to be changed in good hand
    Remuneration should be increased