UIDC Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 3 reviews

2.4
UIDC CEO Michael Rondeau
Michael Rondeau

"Give it a try but keep your options open"

I worked at UIDC

Pros

One of the largest employers in the county. Excellent health care benefits. Impressive workforce diversity in flagship business (an Indian casino and resort). Employees are generally friendly and supportive. Most members of the leadership team are genuinely interested in doing right by the organization and its employees.

Cons

Like any organization, some members of the leadership team are more concerned with advancing their own agenda than actually leading. This can give rise to "silos" and reduces productivity because people waste time trying to second-guess others instead of focusing on results.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent. Say what you mean, and mean what you say. The truth may hurt initially, but it's usually better than telling white lies to keep people engaged in the short term, or to advance your own agenda. Give people more credit for being capable of understanding management decisions if you are open and honest with them. Be true servant leaders.

UIDC2016-06-13
    • "Resident Manager of Two Small Businesses"

I worked at UIDC full-time

Pros

I had to fight for it, but I was granted my former hourly wage in addition to housing.

Cons

Due to nepotism and dinosaur leadership, all the great ideas for expanding the businesses went unheeded. The leadership had their bellies full and needed no more. Now that's a glass ceiling to watch out for!

Advice to Management

Curb your penchant for bad deals that profit only YOU and your buddies.

UIDC2017-04-09
    • "Cook,"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canyonville, OR

I have been working at UIDC

Pros

If you qualify there is stedy employment, The people I work for are fun, good people.

Cons

The company treats you like a number, They Fire Full time people and try to rehire at a lower part time rate and lower pay. The company policies do not meat Oregon state standards. Wages are lower then normal. Due to layoffs,they are working the full time people to meny hours and without ample time between to rest.

Advice to Management

Remember the little guy oon the frount lines is the onewho makes you money. Obide by oregon state laws, TReat your people with respect.

UIDC2015-06-25