US Script Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Pete Clagett, MBA

1. "Too much change too fast"

Pros

Managers are great and lots of fantastic people working here. Lots of industry experience great learning environment

Cons

Too much change too fast, very unstructured methods

Advice to Management

pull back on the reins a bit and work through this transition with more planning in advance less patching after the fact

2. "System Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst III in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst III in Fresno, CA

I have been working at US Script full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Salary and benefit
    Good work/life balane

Cons

Lack of team work
    No clear plans or vision

3. "Director, Client Services"

I worked at US Script full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits offered by Parent Company, Centene

Cons

Poor leadership, NOn client focused

Advice to Management

Recognize your valued employees as well as your clients

5. "Business Analyst III"

Current Employee - Business Analyst III in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Analyst III in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at US Script (More than a year)

Pros

US Script is a young up and coming company in the PBM industry.

Cons

The company has grown so fast that their is little documentation on existing processes.

6. "TBD"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at US Script full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, relaxed atmosphere, plenty of resources, great schedule, direct manager availability, plenty of opportunities to learn new things, ability to help others.

Cons

Upper management seems sketchy, managers keep leaving, some strategies are counterproductive.

Advice to Management

Develop clear, consistent, practical, and beneficial guidelines that are useful to you employees and end consumers.

7. "Advancement"

Pros

Training for advancement is available upon request either online or through your immediate supervisor. Management is open door and able to speak in regards to future possibilities.

Cons

Have to put in the time and gain the experience.
    Be open to working longer hours/ holidays/ weekends.

"Senior Developer"

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Fresno, CA

I worked at US Script full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved the people, and for the most part, they put up with my outspokenness and seemed to feel it helped sometimes. I enjoyed the challenge of re-architecting the pharmacy encounters and wanted to take it to another level and make it more robust. I loved the weekly meetings with leadership from the health plans to set deadlines, priorities, and goals to achieve for the week. I enjoyed going to the whiteboard in a conference room and having others in the team and management show up to discuss new architectural plans.

Cons

Pay was much lower than I had previously made. Benefits were minimal. But I agreed to this from the start and took on the role as a consultant intending to stay and contribute to the company's success for six months. In six months, I was moved into a permanent role, and in retrospect, had I thought in a more crafty manner, I would have turned down that role and asked for something more senior and appropriate for my experience at a time when the company's needs were greatest. But I focused on the mission I had for getting the pharmacy encounters in shape for the good of the company, and I stayed with the company for two years rather than six months as planned. But when the pharmacy encounters were in better shape, I asked for a title more appropriate for the work I had been doing and was turned down. And I found myself training "lead developers" who were much more junior, and the one the lead developer who was functioning at a very senior level was working long hours and had been with the company about 13 years. In retrospect, I regret I ever suggested I might consider something less than what I had asked for, and I could not see myself considering working for them again in any role beneath Director or Chief Architect with my eyes on a VP position and about double the salary and benefits. And I would be worth at least ten times that much to the company. I have no intention of groveling or waiting. I will pursue my own success and not wait for anyone's permission to contribute to the well-being of this world.

Advice to Management

Most important, listen. Second most important, listen. Third most important, listen. And when you listen, never mind as you are probably drifting off and missing the whole point of having an "Advice" section. Right? Ok. If I have your attention now, then you have grasped the first point. Now for what you get when you listen. Build morale wisely in ways that work. Play is nice. Toys are nice. Parties are nice. Baseball games are nice. But they don't build real morale. You build morale when your people can trust you to be fair and honest with them. When you tell them there are opportunities for advancement, don't lie to them, and don't make it an empty promise or a carrot on a string. Notice what your employees do. If you're tempted to reserve your more senior titles for attracting outside employees, you will create a miserable environment in the office that current employees will be desperate to leave. if you have a manager who fires or lays off all his or her employees, pardon me for being blunt, but you are screwing up as a manager, and if you consider yourself God's gift to management for getting rid of the rejects, then you are the problem. Good managers bring out the best in their people. They are artists, geniuses when it comes to getting the hearts of the people aligned, in spotting areas where employees are having difficulty and helping to move the obstacles out of the way. Good managers do not cheat their people or lie to them and tell them they are not worthy to have the right to pursue their dreams. A good manager knows his employee's dreams and desires to see his employees reach them. It is more naive to believe that the company's purpose and the employee's dreams must always be perpetually at odds with one another. And if you can get your employees' hearts, you can have a group of people working with passion on both their dreams and the company's vision and have great success. I feel this is something that management at US Script has missed. I do not see this is a negative, but as an opportunity for greatness that hasn't been harvested yet--perhaps an opportunity that has been squandered or fought perhaps out of fear or lack of experience or out of pride and stubbornness, but it is one place where management can and should excel. Perhaps management is afraid of success. Perhaps they are afraid someone else will get the credit or the promotions or the rewards or that the company will feel they are no longer needed once a major goal has been achieved. But if I may be frank, it resembles a bunch of crabs in a bucket that could get out individually but who get pulled back into the bucket by the other crabs--crabs remaining miserable and awaiting the boiling water--crabs desperate to get out but who feel they cannot. One manager tries to do something good and the others fight it. One architect tries to suggest some improvement and he is shut down. People who deserve to be in positions of greater responsibility and desire to do so but are pulled back down. And every objection to this is met with another put down that amounts to a lie and an excuse and blame casting and other weak, cowardly, pathetic, and disingenuous crap. And until the crap ends and people start behaving with intelligence, competence, integrity, love, and fairness to others, all the toys and playtimes in the world will do nothing for morale. A company has to rise above this or it will either die or live an existence that would be worse than death. It is a terrible thing to waste one's life in such an environment where people are committed to doing the wrong thing when everyone has so much potential to do much better. Make this company great again. You know how. It's Ok. It's worth doing.

9. "Account Management"

Current Employee - Account Management
    Current Employee - Account Management

Pros

location, friendly coworkers, days go by quickly always can find something to do even when manager is clueless unavailable of what needs to be done

Cons

unprofessional leadership that is political and unethical, not qualified, just hire their friends

Advice to Management

don't hire your friends and then lie about their background because that makes you the Emperor's New Cloths if you get my drift

10. "Great company and industry!"

Current Employee - Information Technology
    Current Employee - Information Technology

I have been working at US Script full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great management, pay and benefits. Work culture is very professional and friendly.

Cons

Lack of transparency from corporate office.(Centene Corp)

Advice to Management

Centene Corporate needs to listen to more feedback from their satellite offices and sister companies.

11. "Employee Appreciation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

I have been working at US Script (Less than a year)

Pros

A place where employees can voice their opinions and concerns

Cons

No formal training currently in place

Advice to Management

None