KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Aug 17, 2021 - RBT - Registered Behavior Technician in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved working here because it had flexible hours and gave me experience in ABA.

Cons

Some commutes were about an hour long which made it less profitable for me, personally.

2. 3.0

Independence

Jul 8, 2021 - Registered Behavior Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Make your own schedule Manage your own workload with each client No micromanaging

Cons

Little hours If clients cancel you don’t get paid

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

pay

Apr 18, 2021 - Registered Behavior Technician in Honolulu, HI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive staff, pay is okay depend on experience

Cons

depends on client hours and services

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good

Jan 27, 2021 - RBT - Registered Behavior Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work team and communication

Cons

No holiday pay, distant support

5. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good pay.

Jan 10, 2021 - RBT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with & great pay.

Cons

Clients shouldn't be financially responsible for additional outing costs associated w/ therapist. Client Screening not as thorough as i would have liked. Should stick to one method of data keeping, as paper notes and electronic took time to locate, which took time away from client. Did not receive sign on bonus when I should have. System used to keep notes is difficult to utilize.

6. 1.0

Harassment City

Dec 29, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The paycheck cashed , nice art

Cons

Everyone including the boss is a drunk mess. CEO thinks because you work for him and he buys you a drink that he is entitled to say whatever vulgar thing he wants .It’s such an unhealthy environment , there is drama every single day. One employee get away with absolutely anything because of an “intimate” relationship with the boss meanwhile everyone else walks on egg shells fearing they will be fired on whatever whim blows though. Avoid this place at all costs

7. 2.0

Great environment

Sep 18, 2020 - BCBA Supervisor in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the best reasons including Salary and benefits and staff

Cons

I have yet to find a downside for this company

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Need to check in with BI's more often.

Apr 30, 2019 - Behavior Therapist in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good starting hourly wage here

Cons

They do not check on you. I have never received a call from my case manager in almost 2 years.

1 person found this review helpful

Understanding Behavior Response

Recruiting Specilaist

Thank you for your honest feedback! We will work on maintaining consistent communication with our behavior interventionists and we appreciate your patience!

9. 4.0

RBT

Oct 22, 2017 - RBT in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay here is competitive. Flexible schedule, alot of nice families. My case manager was very helpful and supportive even though she was in the San Fran office far away from me.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to get hours. The BCBA on my case usually had to do remote supervisions- NOT ideal and not as helpful as meeting in person. They pay you once a month rather than bi-weekly. Also, clients can be challenging. That is the nature of the job no matter which agency you work at.

3 people found this review helpful

Understanding Behavior Response

Thank you for your feedback on your experiences working at UBI. We wish you the best!

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Don't recommend working here if you are just starting out.

Jul 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They pay really well. You can pretty much set your own schedule.

Cons

I don't recommend starting out for this company, as the training is not as involved. Hours depend on how many cases are in your area. Not likely to get full-time.

5 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews

Understanding Behavior Reviews FAQs

Understanding Behavior has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 20 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at Understanding Behavior to a friend and 59% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Understanding Behavior employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Understanding Behavior. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

62% of Understanding Behavior employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Understanding Behavior 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 2.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Understanding Behavior to be benefits, coworkers, culture and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Understanding Behavior Job Seekers