Unitek Learning Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.3
Janis Paulson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome company to work for!"

Current Employee - Instructor in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Instructor in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Unitek Learning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The new management see the potential in people. Growing company in a good way. Room for growth in several areas. Awesome orientation for faculty and staff!

Cons

Benefits could be better for families. Benefits do not start for 60 days. Orientation could me be more flexible. Only done on Fremont.

Advice to Management

Awesome company but take a good look at benefits for family, tuition reimbursement, and having orientation in more than one location.

2. "Fast Pace Worth The Ride"

I have been working at Unitek Learning full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very exciting, open to suggestions. Great management team that not only cares about the product, but also the work balance

Cons

Not for the faint at heart, when you show up for work, be ready for what comes at you.

"Unitek SUCKS. Stay Away from them. I would rate them negative 100 star if that was an option."

I have been working at Unitek Learning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing really...the new management who were brought in after Unitek was purchased are the problem...I am required to add 5 words for Pros, but what can I say there are no pros.... I can write pages after pages about how bad things were....stress, anxiety, lies from bosses, yet no one to complain to... if you did complain you would simply would get fired.

Cons

Do not kid yourself and get sucked into their promises. I just read the previous comments about someone rating them 5!!! That person either was forced to write that or must have been smoking something as everyone who worked at Unitek knows how terrible the company is....the only way Unitek could get better is if the board fires all the current management(*starting with the CEO) and starts fresh...

Advice to Management

To new owners of Unitek(the Cressey & Company in Chicago ), if you would like to benefit from your investment at Unitek fire the current management including the new CEO. If you do not believe how bad things are meet with your employees, but before you do assure them they would not get fired for telling you the truth!!!

"Employees are disposable"

I worked at Unitek Learning full-time

Pros

Ok pay. Some management was understanding.

Cons

Never a clear plan for my position. Constantly learning small bits of new things before being switched to something different.
    Moved many employees off site and AZ, the rest laid off.
    I was laid off after honeymoon and didn't get my severance until over a month later!

5. "Great company with great people"

I have been working at Unitek Learning full-time

Pros

This is an exciting time for an expanding company, led by an experienced and positive Executive team. Other staff members are always helpful and the energy is awesome.

Cons

Earlier negative reviews may have been related to previous management, who have now been let go. As long as you work hard, can't really think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

6. "Unitek is awesome"

I have been working at Unitek Learning full-time

Pros

LIft up your neighbors with education

Cons

Not enough snacks in the break room

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Management Lacks Integrity and Common Sense"

I worked at Unitek Learning full-time

Pros

The students are an amazing group of individuals to work with, free bottled water in break room, you will be so busy that your day will fly by.

Cons

Extremely high turnover rate of employees and instructors due to poor management representation and the high level of office politics. High stress levels in job. Extremely low pay for an educational position, low merit increases (if any). Management purposely keeps departments staffed at the minimum required levels, so you will often have to juggle and sacrifice your lunch break or free time. CEO does not have a presence with employees, promises made by upper management are NEVER delivered. Benefits package is ridiculous for dependants, you would think a nursing school would want your kids to have health insurance.

Advice to Management

Have integrity, promising one thing and doing another will always be noticed by your employees (past, current, and prospective).

8. "Field Technician"

Former Employee - Field Technician in Bethlehem, PA
    Former Employee - Field Technician in Bethlehem, PA

I worked at Unitek Learning full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work for. Supervisors and managment very easy to get along with.

Cons

Long Hours, and weekend work is a must.

Advice to Management

subcontract the weekend work and keep in-house employees happy.

"I would give NO STAR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Unitek Learning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

at least there are restrooms and small break rooms in the buildings

Cons

Do not work here if you are looking for long-term position.
    Poor management and executives seem to show no value and support to employees. There's no company culture or mission! I guess the only mission that they have is HIGH TURNOVER! Oh, they would open up a position and hire employees, however, they could get rid of the position the following day and of course employees get laid-off.

Advice to Management

good luck to your business

"Freak show! stay away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I worked at Unitek Learning full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management team has no clue about the business, especially the upper management. So if you are looking for a company to roam around for few months until you get a job in a real company, this is the best place for you.

Cons

Don’t even think of a long term career here if you are not friends with the management team. New CEO replaced all long time employees with her friends from home town. She even moved the corporate office to near her home. This company doesn’t even have a mission; I guess the mission is to hang out with friends. All decisions are made based on personal choice even if that is bad for the company.
    If you can’t get a job in Taco Bell; you should work here.

Advice to Management

Don’t act like you know everything, because you don’t. Your business book speaks for itself. Under this management Unitek is just counting days...