Unity Recovery Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jason Ackner

"Very positive growth environment"

I have been working at Unity Recovery full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am one of the newer employees here at UBH. I can’t say enough good things about the company and specifically about Jason Ackner the owner of Unity Behavioral Health! The guy is superbright, hard-working and very nice. He truly cares about his employees and is always talking about providing the best care available for anyone in treatment.

Unity Behavioral Health has a great upbeat and friendly work environment. Everybody I have met here is really nice. We must be growing pretty quickly, because I see new cars in the parking lot almost every week.

Cons

Nothing I can think of off the top of my head. I guess it would be great to have more meetings to get to know some of the other employees better.

Advice to Management

You obviously know what you are doing and have incredible knowledge, so keep doing what your doing because everyone seems to be very happy.

2. "Great Company, Poor Management/Ownership"

Former Employee - Case Manager in North Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Case Manager in North Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Unity Recovery full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment with a lot of great co-workers

Cons

Upper management was not very transparent about what was happening with the company and at times very deceiving.

Advice to Management

Get JA out of a leadership position.

"Total Bunk"

I have been working at Unity Recovery full-time

Pros

I have had 1st hand opportunity to work with the owner Jason Ackner on a daily basis and have had absolutely none of the negative experiences falsely put forth by what are obviously individuals who have a personal axe to grind. Could it possibly be that their miss-deeds are really the ones that damaged a great company and they are being held accountable? Great prior "management teams" don't take a company to the brink of failure and then blame the owner when he tries to save it.

I have extensive experience in Substance Abuse Treatment and have seen NO indications of Mr. Ackner's alleged relapse, sounds like a great excuse to divert blame.

Jason has invested all his efforts in rebuilding so that we can go back to what is important, providing excellent client care with excellent treatment.

We have had many prior employees who have expressed support for Jason and have an interest in returning and to those we say THANK YOU!

Cons

Having to constantly debunk the false information spread by individuals who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions and move on.

Advice to Management

Tune out the "noise" and keep the mission of building an outstanding program to assist clients and reward great staff as the top priority.

"contract employee"

I worked at Unity Recovery (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at numerous places during my career but this was by far the best company that I ever worked for. I met Jason once and he seems like a very nice person as well as very smart. I enjoyed working at Unity as it felt like a family. It was a very special place to work. When I heard that it was opening up I was very excited and hoping that I would be rehired. I hope that Jason will rehire some of us that are very loyal and will do everything to make Unity successful. Please let him know that there are some of us out there that care about him and his company and who have remained loyal to him and who if rehired, would be awesome employees. Please do not put all former non management employees in the same pool of those he may not want to rehire.

Cons

The only down side was that some of us truly missed working for Unity and were laid off.

Advice to Management

Some companies have psychological profiles for potential employees so perhaps this would be a useful tool to screen in or out potential employees.

"Continuing Deceptive and Unethical Reviews"

I have been working at Unity Recovery full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The owner Jason Ackner is the nicest, generous, and without any doubt the most competent owner of an addiction treatment center, I have ever come across in this industry! I simply have no idea what some people keep writing here on this site. All I can guess is there must be some disgruntled ex-employees and/or family members, who were not doing very good jobs and were let go in the past, but now they can't let go of the past.

Cons

No cons or negatives that I have seen over the past 7 months since I have been working here at Unity.

Advice to Management

Do not get caught up in any of these baseless online juvenile attacks from any former employees and/or family members.

"It’s Been a Few Months and I Couldn’t be happier!"

I have been working at Unity Recovery full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I too have seen nothing of the behavior that was described by the former staff and in regard to the owner Jason Ackner. The real problem with all of these negative reviews is they all fail to mention the time period when these employees worked for Unity were all under the old management team. None of these reviewers have worked at Unity under the new management team. Everyone from the old management team was let go because they were doing such a poor job. My experience has only been positive since the first day I started working here at Unity, because I have only worked under the new management team and since the owner Jason Ackner has resumed control over the day-to-day operations of the business.

Cons

Trying to set the record straight in regard to all of the false accusations from the previous management staff. Although that is not something that normally would be considered to be a real negative. But it’s just sad that so many untruths have been spread about Unity and specifically its owner Jason Ackner when he in fact was not running the day-to-day management of the company.

Advice to Management

Continue doing the right thing and stay true to Unity’s recovery mission. Never hire anyone again who worked in the company before 2016 from the old management team!

"Behavioral Health Tech"

Former Employee - Behavior Health Technician in Hobe Sound, FL
    Former Employee - Behavior Health Technician in Hobe Sound, FL

I worked at Unity Recovery (More than a year)

Pros

Great sense of accomplishment when you see clients move on in their life with the correct tools to fight addiction.

Cons

The pay doesn't equal the job. The corruption abuse of the insurance system that is exploited, not only by this company, but a number of recovery centers. Cronyism is not hidden despite the denials. People are just laid-off randomly with no rhyme or reason at times.

Advice to Management

The owner started with a great vision and compiled a great staff, but due to the lack of staying clean, has gradually destroyed a great company. He needs to step down and quit the cronyism.

"Dedication for nothing"

Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Hobe Sound, FL
    Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Hobe Sound, FL

I worked at Unity Recovery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Got to work with good people at the client care level

Cons

Ceo and owner. His word is worthless. Habitual liar and can't stay off drugs long enough to make any decisions except when to score more prescription drugs.

Advice to Management

Get Jason some help. He is incapable of helping himself. Do this before he ends up dead

9. "Manager of Talent Acquisition"

Former Employee - Manager of Talent Acquisition in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Manager of Talent Acquisition in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Unity Recovery (More than a year)

Pros

Collaborative, exciting and client centric

Cons

Towards the end of my employment communication was fragmented

Advice to Management

Reload. Unity was one of the greatest companies in the recovery world

"Unstable owner and questionable business practices."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Unity Recovery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Prior to absentee owner returning to the company, the company had great potential. At one time, the company had good benefits. Beautiful corporate offices at 630. Started out as a healthy work environment with a mission to save lives. Unity made a difference in the community at one time.

Cons

Owner's paranoia resulted in bad business decisions. Favoritism in epidemic proportions throughout the company at all levels of management. Owner totally unaccountable and clearly did not care about his employees except for those in his inner circle at that moment. Company allegedly closed its doors last week.

Advice to Management

JA, take responsibility for what you have done and get the help that you need before you hurt yourself or someone else. In the future, don't rely on personal relationships to guide you in your business interests. Stop hiring people who are related to each other.