Found 1,102 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Unity
Career Advice for Students
Hey! I’m struggling to choose between working at Unity Technologies as a SWE intern on the XR team, and Pixar as a PUP (technical director) intern. I’m worried about stability as it’s hard to get a return offer form Pixar. I don’t know which job I would enjoy more since Pixar is cool but daunting / competitive and Unity seems more comforting…Unity pays more, but I don’t want to miss out on such a wonderful experience like Pixar which just seems a lot harder to come by..
Got a burning question about Unity? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Unity employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "People are great and supportive towards each other." (in 131 reviews)
- "Great Benefits and flexi working" (in 114 reviews)
- "If you're looking for great culture and a company you can believe in Unity is the place for you!" (in 104 reviews)
- "good work/life balance" (in 44 reviews)
- "• I had a an amazing project for the summer and my team was great" (in 40 reviews)
- "Poor management due to lack of direction and plans." (in 52 reviews)
- "Bad leadership, especially in IT" (in 35 reviews)
- "Layoffs after layoffs in the last six months I’ve been here." (in 23 reviews)
- "Bad managers and everyone is leaving because of it especially in Engineering." (in 22 reviews)
- "During the last layoffs, upper management was completely disconnected from the rest of the employees." (in 18 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Unity and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0Sep 20, 2023Team LeaderCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsIsrael, TX
amazing people, place to grow and involve your career and work on great challenges.
Can't find something too negative.
- 3.0Aug 8, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 years
- Met very intelligent, kind, and supportive people during my time here and this is honestly the highlight of my tenure - $0 out of pay-check for medical, dental, and vision insurance in the US - Has so much potential in its product portfolio including a partnership with Apple Vision Pro - Office life is fantastic and homey with tons of events and perks, if working in-office is what you prefer
- Anyone senior director and above is completely disconnected from the rest of the employees and has no intention to bridge that gap - ironSource acquisition has completely changed the company culture in a way that undermines the voices of anyone who is not an ironSource legacy employee (i.e. Unity and Tapjoy employees) - Very little respect for C-suite and that's no one's fault but theirs. Town Halls and All-Hands meetings are a joke - Keeps advertising itself as 'competitive' in the market yet a simple LinkedIn search reinforces the conclusion that Unity is severely underpaying its employees - Marketing organization is messy and borderline toxic in some areas16
Unity Reviews FAQs
Unity has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 1,273 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at Unity to a friend and 35% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -17% over the last 12 months.
54% of Unity employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Unity 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.