VIPdesk Connect Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Elite Brand Ambassador"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at VIPdesk Connect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great tools for being successful at working from home
    Wonderful employees
    Wage is fair
    Good Training
    Efficient company
    Innovative
    The work is fun
    Loved working here!

Cons

No cons really.
    Must be very self motivated, but if you are, it should be no problem. Hours could be better (but could be worse); know your available hours and make sure you can commit.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job!! The management on my team were wonderful, approachable, and knowledgeable (as were other employees).

They have a lot of companies that contract with VIP. For the company I was working for, there was a heavy interest in clients asking about handbags. While I feel like the training and resources were great for the other venues this company offered, it was lacking in one of the most important aspect of the company. I spent a lot of time self study through different websites, youtube, etc. to learn about the styles on an in depth basis. Or-have two separate groups of employees, one for online products and the other for Fashion Inquiries, so you can have true experts in customer service. It was hard to be completely knowledgeable on both, as a virtual employee. With this company, people really expect you to be the source of all knowledge.

Also, because this is a work from home position, I felt that the company should have more resources and information on how to stay healthy while working at a job that requires you to sit all the time. Ergonomic suggestions for your work space. Also, one short break (5 mins), every hour would be good to get the blood flow and to go to the bathroom. But that is just me being picky:)

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at VIPdesk Connect full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home. Management understands change and works with you on strengths and weaknesses to better your performance

Cons

Not much chance to be promoted. Pay is ok.

"Brand Ambassador"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Alexandria, VA

I worked at VIPdesk Connect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company and Excellent Administration Staff Within A Small Company Environment.

Cons

Not Licensed for Employment in All 50 States Currently but Growing.

"Awesome Company, Great Culture"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at VIPdesk Connect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

co-workers, clients, management, environment, recognition

Cons

pay, not a ton of opportunities to promote

"Eh?"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Alexandria, VA

I worked at VIPdesk Connect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Better than many WAH customer service jobs.

Cons

Technology doesn't meet company need for remote agents. Benefits are pathetic.

"Work from home company that feels like home!"

I have been working at VIPdesk Connect full-time

Pros

I have been with VIPdesk Connect for over 3 years and every passing year I am so grateful. I work with a terrific team. The CEO is engaged and listens. Despite some curveballs the client programs can sometimes throw, VIP always bounces back.This company REALLY listens. There are growth opportunities posted when available and the recruiting team is amazing. They found a perfect match for me when I first came onboard even though I had applied to a different team. They were right! Everyone I have interacted with has been cheery and usually we can all laugh even during frustrating moments.

Cons

If I had to pick one, I'd say sometimes the brand ambassadors need to chime in more often. There are round table meetings where we are all supposed to engage with our CEO and P&C team as well as managers and tech. Every one I have attended unfortunately has a low turn out from the brand ambassadors. I feel that some of the things I've read in the other reviews were partially due to lack of engagement with these types of meetings.

Advice to Management

Keep your chin up! Sometimes it's hard to get that turn out, or those surveys submitted. Perhaps there could be other ways to engage us?

"Amazing company"

I have been working at VIPdesk Connect full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company operates at the leading edge of the customer service industry. Some of the most admired brands trust VIPdesk to handle their customer service interaction via traditional and the most innovative digital channels. It's a true honor to work for this company.

Cons

There are no significant cons with this company. Compared to other companies in the industry we are very well compensated, but of course more frequent raises would be an additional plus.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on delivering the best of the industry and keep your frontline Brand Ambassadors engaged!

"Poor."

Pros

At home position for cash supplement. I am qualified. Part-time, temporary. Would work. Experienced. Good pay, could remain at home.

Cons

Was discriminated against because of disability. I am qualified. Not Americans with Disabilities compliant. I have studied with top disability lawyers at prestigious university.

Advice to Management

EEOC rules and regulations....Read up!!!

VIPdesk Connect Response

Nov 1, 2016 – CEO

The statement that we discriminate is completely false. It is disappointing to read these kinds of statements that paint the wrong picture of our organization. I take great pride that we employ a... More

"Brand Ambassador"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Denver, CO

I worked at VIPdesk Connect (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unscripted work and the customers were very nice. Work was done from home office which was very convenient for me. When the company changed names all of the part time people lost insurance and 401k benefits. This is the type of company you're dealing with.

Cons

This isn't social hour. We don't care if you just bought a new dog, work to do the job you were hired for and leave the rest for when you're not working. Management always work behind the scenes and make 3 times what the brand ambassador does. Constant tech issues that you don't get paid for. Hours worked are based on here-say, a valid time sheet is not produced.

Advice to Management

Quit gossiping and do your job. If you're physically there trying to work through tech issues due to company software fault, the employee should be paid. Countless times I had to fight to prove it was not my systems fault and never got compensated.

VIPdesk Connect Response

Nov 1, 2016 – CEO

I always welcome feedback from team members. We just conducted a survey seeking insights from all everyone. We also conduct Town Hall meetings and have open Round table discussions.

One of our... More

"BA Seaonal Phone Job"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Baltimore, MD

I worked at VIPdesk Connect (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Management team, ,no need for a phone line its voip

small training class virtual and very interactive .even the higher ups will stop by each day and talk with us during training ,non snobby

If you do not mind constant with no breathing room between calls { depending on calls for that day } phone work from home , its about the best I have ever done.

Overall non Irate callers because this isn't billing support , If they do not like getting us they will just simply hang up .

The pay /bonuses isn't bad and they mailed us the first check with in 2 weeks from start date, then direct deposit after.

Work from home if you like that and all those benefits , like no traffic etc .

Cons

Can have very short breaks or not many breaks , shifts under 6 hours is typically one 10 minute break .

Not many company cons I can think of , accept for one thing , the callers think they are calling a actual contractor and they get us , so now they either stick with us and we get the service request .or they hangup or say no thanks not interested.

Time spent with a caller they do keep eye on , but i can see there point .

Small dept for work from home , so not many advancements.

Basically i left because I just started to dislike this type of work , its not the company but me here , this was about my 4th phone job , and basically the job it self is just that , no breathers , back to back to back to back calls , repetitive , boring , nothing else to break it up .I missed that face to face thing for customer service , which I was able to land one during the first week on phones after training and took it .I needed to get out of my house :)

Advice to Management

I think they are spot on overall .