VIPdesk Connect Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Elite Brand Ambassador"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at VIPdesk Connect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great tools for being successful at working from home
    Wonderful employees
    Wage is fair
    Good Training
    Efficient company
    Innovative
    The work is fun
    Loved working here!

Cons

No cons really.
    Must be very self motivated, but if you are, it should be no problem. Hours could be better (but could be worse); know your available hours and make sure you can commit.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job!! The management on my team were wonderful, approachable, and knowledgeable (as were other employees).

They have a lot of companies that contract with VIP. For the company I was working for, there was a heavy interest in clients asking about handbags. While I feel like the training and resources were great for the other venues this company offered, it was lacking in one of the most important aspect of the company. I spent a lot of time self study through different websites, youtube, etc. to learn about the styles on an in depth basis. Or-have two separate groups of employees, one for online products and the other for Fashion Inquiries, so you can have true experts in customer service. It was hard to be completely knowledgeable on both, as a virtual employee. With this company, people really expect you to be the source of all knowledge.

Also, because this is a work from home position, I felt that the company should have more resources and information on how to stay healthy while working at a job that requires you to sit all the time. Ergonomic suggestions for your work space. Also, one short break (5 mins), every hour would be good to get the blood flow and to go to the bathroom. But that is just me being picky:)

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at VIPdesk Connect full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home. Management understands change and works with you on strengths and weaknesses to better your performance

Cons

Not much chance to be promoted. Pay is ok.

3. "Brand Ambassador"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Alexandria, VA

I worked at VIPdesk Connect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company and Excellent Administration Staff Within A Small Company Environment.

Cons

Not Licensed for Employment in All 50 States Currently but Growing.

"Let Me Count The Reasons I am Embarrased to work here"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador

I have been working at VIPdesk Connect full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you like like working for a company with no Integrity, this job is for you.

Cons

1) I read they are hiring, which they have to, people work here 3 weeks then quit. They claimed you get paid $18 per hour. This is lie #1. Everyone is paid $10 per hour with little chance of making commission.
    2) If you hear, you can make commission $200 per week, it's a joke and lie #2.
    3) they train you to lie to people. And they put you on contracts with companies that have no integrity and low character.
    4) when you push back, and question their ethic, they target you, and hope to make you quit. Let them fire you. And don't feel bad about it . Because it's not you ,they're playing politics.
    5) they don't care about their employees. You're sick, they say nothing except ,if you don't come in it will your compliance. They enroll you in insurance that pays nothing.
    6) I have told no one I work here, because its embarrassing I had to take this job. But sometimes you have to take jobs like this to get you where you want to. go.
    7) don't ever let this company put thIs job as more important than you. They look to see how much they can use you. You just make sure you put you first .
    8. We all complain about their technical issues, and then they blame it on you. It ain't you. But they need a reason not to pay you for those times missed because of the technical issues.
    9) if you see a raving review on this company. It's a red flag. It's phony. It's corporate trying to minimize the amount of info you hear about how bad they really are.
    10)this is not a job that you should go overboard trying to please. They are not worth it not every job deserves your worth and best effort. This is one of those jobs.
       They will never give you any raises, consistent bonus or appreciation. Just managers who are power hungry , thinking they have real power and really believe they can control you.

"Run For The Hills"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador

I worked at VIPdesk Connect full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work From Home There are no pros unless you are anti social and want to stay in your home forever.

Cons

Absolutely no appreciation for their employees.. The only time you will hear from your manager is when you do somethingthat is bad. For some , that's a lot. Others not so much. They make you pay for EVERYTHING. Your Expenses going out is more than the income they pay. And they will find every reason to take time from your family paycheck. Hypocritical. So watch what you say so that it's not used against you. If they compliment you , be careful because the next week that criticism is coming STRONG. I don't know anyone who is happy with this job. The insurance is horrible and the pay for what you deal with is not worth it. It is only $10 per hour with no raises. I got my life back after quitting.

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation for your employees. And not insult them from litertally giving them 1 cookie or an extra 50 cents at the end of the week for all they do. Hire Managers that truly are positive and knows how to bring the most out their employees. And not just writing a tag line after their name in an email or text.

"Awesome Company, Great Culture"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at VIPdesk Connect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

co-workers, clients, management, environment, recognition

Cons

pay, not a ton of opportunities to promote

"Eh?"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Alexandria, VA

I worked at VIPdesk Connect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Better than many WAH customer service jobs.

Cons

Technology doesn't meet company need for remote agents. Benefits are pathetic.

"Work from home company that feels like home!"

I have been working at VIPdesk Connect full-time

Pros

I have been with VIPdesk Connect for over 3 years and every passing year I am so grateful. I work with a terrific team. The CEO is engaged and listens. Despite some curveballs the client programs can sometimes throw, VIP always bounces back.This company REALLY listens. There are growth opportunities posted when available and the recruiting team is amazing. They found a perfect match for me when I first came onboard even though I had applied to a different team. They were right! Everyone I have interacted with has been cheery and usually we can all laugh even during frustrating moments.

Cons

If I had to pick one, I'd say sometimes the brand ambassadors need to chime in more often. There are round table meetings where we are all supposed to engage with our CEO and P&C team as well as managers and tech. Every one I have attended unfortunately has a low turn out from the brand ambassadors. I feel that some of the things I've read in the other reviews were partially due to lack of engagement with these types of meetings.

Advice to Management

Keep your chin up! Sometimes it's hard to get that turn out, or those surveys submitted. Perhaps there could be other ways to engage us?

"Amazing company"

I have been working at VIPdesk Connect full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company operates at the leading edge of the customer service industry. Some of the most admired brands trust VIPdesk to handle their customer service interaction via traditional and the most innovative digital channels. It's a true honor to work for this company.

Cons

There are no significant cons with this company. Compared to other companies in the industry we are very well compensated, but of course more frequent raises would be an additional plus.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on delivering the best of the industry and keep your frontline Brand Ambassadors engaged!

"Poor."

Pros

At home position for cash supplement. I am qualified. Part-time, temporary. Would work. Experienced. Good pay, could remain at home.

Cons

Was discriminated against because of disability. I am qualified. Not Americans with Disabilities compliant. I have studied with top disability lawyers at prestigious university.

Advice to Management

EEOC rules and regulations....Read up!!!

VIPdesk Connect Response

Nov 1, 2016 – CEO

The statement that we discriminate is completely false. It is disappointing to read these kinds of statements that paint the wrong picture of our organization. I take great pride that we employ a... More