VMBC Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jesse Crowe

"A place for engagement impact snd growth"

Current Employee - Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at VMBC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will have a voice. Great support and benefits. Working with national brands. Challenging work. Ability to grow. Cutting edge implementations. Ability to establish thought leadership. Positive culture. Profit sharing.

Cons

Must be engaged no spectating which is positive for me. Not a place to coast. Expand sales and marketing team to pursue more top conscious brands.

Advice to Management

Open offices in more cities

"So grateful to have found a home for my career"

Current Employee - Executive Coordinator in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Coordinator in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at VMBC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working for VMBC for just over a year now. I was lucky to have held my last position for just over six, but I had run out of room to grow, and when I went job searching I intentionally was looking for somewhere to stay for the remainder of my career (I was 29 so this was a big wish!) I remember going through the lengthy recruiting process and thinking, "wow, they sure are particular about who they hire"... but each time I came in and interviewed I found out more about the company and got to know many of the employees. Each time I left I walked away wanting the job even more! In the interviews I stressed the things that were important to me--a long term career, opportunity for growth, to be challenged in a rewarding environment... just to name a few. Each individual I interviewed with confirmed that this was VMBC. Fast forward one (plus) year to the present and VMBC has more than exceeded every hope I had ever had. I have never been in a more rewarding work environment. I've also never had anyone put as much time and effort into helping me grow both professionally and personally. I have already received a promotion at this company and they have created a path for me to continue growing and succeeding within the organization. I can vouch for the fact that this is not simply a benefit I have received, but part of my last role involved HR, and I was able to see that they very much believe in helping each one of us achieve our goals and aspirations within the company. Besides the amazing growth opportunities, the culture here is incredibly unique. Each person that works here (whether in the US or our Argentina office) is so incredibly kind, warm, and caring. Everyone cares about one another and is happy to help one another with anything that is needed. In addition to the warm and caring environment, I am so proud to say each of my colleagues is incredibly bright. We often have challenging work but when you are working with some of the brightest most creative minds it makes it very exciting. Finally, our Executive Management... I am blessed to say that I have had extensive exposure to each of them. And that exposure has made it so clear why our organization is the way it is. The Executive Team is so unique and rare in comparison to what you usually find in corporations. They believe in employee growth, they believe in making a real difference, and they care about doing what is right. Each one of them is friendly, caring, and approachable. They truly care about their employees, and they don't treat us like employees but extended family. Everyday I come to work and it's not work. I want to do the best I can for my team, my manager, and Executive Management. I'm so proud to work for VMBC, I'm proud of what they stand for, I'm proud for what they are doing in the world. It is an innovate company that challenges me everyday. For me, I have found my career home, and I am so excited to see what VMBC does in the future and what my role will be within that.

Cons

I honestly haven't experienced any drawbacks or cons during my time at VMBC.

3. "Inspired Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA

Pros

I have worked at a few companies, both large and small, and I want to share that VMBC is a very collaborative inspired place to work. People are extremely motivated to work together, to learn and do their best for clients and each other. The projects are challenging and interesting and move at a fast pace. I am never bored. I feel there is an open door policy and can walk into the CEO and Presidents offices with new ideas and suggestions. The perks of Spanish lessons, lunches, Fit Bits and travel to Buenos Aires just add to the cool environment. I can’t ask for a better team to work with!

Cons

Pretty happy here so I don't have anything to complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep up the high energy and collaborative spirit.

5. ""Best and longest job of my career.""

Current Employee - Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at VMBC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very nice, relaxing, and flexible working environment with many opportunities for growth and challenges. Leadership with great knowledge and visions of how to take the company to the next level. This company offers great employee's benefits and compensation by far beats all others company I've worked for. I am very grateful and glad to be part of going on 12 years this month and many more.

Cons

You would have to be on top of your games a majority of the time but I love the challenge so not a big deal.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great visions.

6. "My dream job"

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at VMBC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

VMBC is by far the best company that I have had the pleasure of working for. The culture here is unlike anything I have ever experienced. Working here, you are not just another face, you are part of a team that empowers one another, and genuinely cares about your success.

I know a lot of jobs can be very repetitive, and once you get in a groove, you seem to do the same monotonous task every day. That is NOT the case here. You will be challenged from the get go with various projects, and a constant changing type of workflow. To me, this is the best thing that a company can offer. It gives you the opportunity to spread your wings and learn something new, and also you will NEVER be bored.

The management here is truly invested in seeing their employees grow within the company, and cares about the well-being of everyone. If you are in a role here where you aren't tasked with the things that gets you excited to come to work, and what you like to do, management will do everything in their power to put you in a position that makes you happy. They believe that the best performing employees are the ones that are happy with their position and do what they can to create that fit for you.

Cons

My con isn't really a con. This is definitely a fast-paced work environment, and you are expected to be able to keep up with the challenges that may come across you. This helps in your personal development, and I know for me, I have learned a great deal juggling many projects at once and have learned how to prioritize appropriately. Hard work is expected, but it is also rewarded. And with a company as great as this one, it is easy to put in the hard work because you automatically want to participate in the company's success.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! This is truly a happy home.

"Wonderful place to work!"

I have been working at VMBC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for many different companies throughout the years and VMBC is by far the most exciting, fun, challenging, and successful business yet. I wake up happy to come to work every morning and look forward to spending the days with such an amazing team of people.
    This is a place that respects their employees, encourages growth and actually supports individuals in their personal and professional goals. Ideas are listened to, praise is given for a job well done, and constructive criticism is given when needed.
    I work very closely with management and the owner on a daily basis, so I see first hand how the CEO cares about his company and employees deeper than I have yet to see of anyone else in his position. He is constantly thinking of new ways to help employees feel appreciated and empowered. The teams in US and Argentina work together wonderfully considering they are thousands of miles apart!

Cons

As with any business there is always room for improvement. The great thing about VMBC is that improvement is something thought about and worked on daily, which is more than can be said for most companies!

"Challenging, Hard Work, Great Clients."

Current Employee - Not Saying in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Not Saying in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at VMBC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The clients they have are 100% some of the best in the industry. Great exposure to really smart people in Fortune 100 companies and their clients love them

Great company culture. Focused and driven but still somewhat chill. I love working in the new office, very modern, great fridge, great benefits, great location and makes me feel like I'm working for google or Zappos. It's really different from anywhere I've worked before.

Owners are intense, but I feel like they really care about my success. The company is very successful and has been around for many years so it feels very stable. Most of the employees have been around for at least 5 years and there is almost no turnover, except for the people they have fired.

Cons

Since the company is growing so fast, things change really fast. I think they could be better planners.

They get rid of people who don't perform, but I think they could be nicer about it.

I'm addicted to this job, I love it and I hate it at the same time.

Advice to Management

I would like to see more growth in the US. It seems that there is so much focus and so much investment in Argentina that sometimes I feel like we have more opportunity here. Not to say that i don't love you guys in Buenos Aires, but hey, we need some love too :)

9. "Favorite Place to Work For"

I have been working at VMBC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for several companies over the years – Oakley (at the innovative corporate headquarters building), a corporate telephone company, a high end corporate real estate leader, an extremely fancy country club, etc…. I have never worked at a company that was as enjoyable, fun, and exciting as VMBC. Not even close.

From day one, I have been empowered to hit the ground running. Each day is delightful – I am challenged yet supported, driven, recognized, and able to move quickly.

I enjoy learning from the big vision and experience of the executive team. They are very personable and involved with the rest of the employees, more so than any I’ve ever worked with. They think outside the box and bust through stale thinking. They drive the company to strong success and nurture the crew along the way.

The entire team works together very well. It is awesome to work with such an intelligent, motivating, supportive, and big thinking group as the one here at VMBC. As they only hire the best and brightest (and are quick to get rid of those that don’t fit the bill – which at times end up bitter such as the two posters here), it’s fun to work with like-minded people, not being held back by slackers and those that are unmotivated. The people are truly fun to spend time with and great to work alongside.

The culture here is more successful than any other I’ve experienced in that the vision is actually what you experience. It’s innovative, creative, driven, intelligent, self-aware, full of integrity, responsible, and dependable. People treat each other as true team members and collaboration happens daily.

There is a lot of ability to creatively develop the work that you do. Opinions are appreciated, valued, and desired. Development is encouraged – not only professionally but also personally. The offices are the best I’ve ever had the pleasure to work in (and I’ve worked in some very cool locations). We always get great feedback from visitors and people love to come in. They provide snacks, daily fresh juices, drinks, etc. The few suggestions I’ve had have been received warmly and implemented quickly.

I also love that the leaders are involved in my goals and have discussed my path to growth from first month, continuously. And last, but not least… after working in Laguna Beach, I love that there is plenty of parking!!! :)

I highly recommend VMBC for those that are innovative, creative, intelligent, and want a place to thrive in.

Cons

Wish the Argentina office was closer...maybe Hawaii? :)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. It is greatly appreciated.

"Technical Leader"

Former Employee - Technical Leader in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    Former Employee - Technical Leader in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I worked at VMBC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people. The offices and the supplies. If you keep quiet and accept all the crazy ideas that the owner has, it is a great place.

Cons

The top managment. The owner is literally crazy and thinks that knows about everything. Many old employees do literally nothing, just bugging.

"This place is crazy"

Current Employee - Development in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    Current Employee - Development in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I have been working at VMBC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are good, nice. But I think everybody is nice to other because owner is so mean.

Cons

The owner think we love him but everybody know he is crazy in the head. He makes good partys but he treats everyone like we are stupid. He does not listen to anybody and he makes up projects that are a waste of time.

Advice to Management

I do not think it can be fixed