KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Valorem Reply Reviews

Updated Jun 7, 2021

Found 83 of over 83 reviews

3.9
Pros
  • "Work/Life Balance - In the 6 months, I can count on 1 hand how many times I've had to go over 40 hours(in 7 reviews)

• "work environment(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life balance is fuzzy when chasing the dollar(in 7 reviews)

• "Constant growing pains while company is not growing(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Company I have EVER worked for!

Jun 16, 2020 - Program Manager in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Pay! Bonuses! Unlimited PTO that you are Encouraged to take! Flexible Scheduling! Work From Home during COVID-19! - The Company Leadership go out of their way to ensure that all are able to work remotely, and continue their jobs. Ongoing employee surveys to ensure all are happy with their job, the company, and to be able to provide feedback. Snacks! Food! Good things in the Office (when we were in the office, and when we return someday...)! Great, Fun, Intelligent People! Great Customers!

Cons

Health Insurance really kind of sucks everywhere these days. The Health Insurance at Valorem Reply is good, but like most plans, not great. That's really all I can think of that would be a 'Con'.

Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for the review, we continuously monitor and challenge our health carriers to continue to provide the best options available. As we expand across the US, we will have increasing abilities to do more creative things with our health plans.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Work hard, play hard

Mar 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Unlimited PTO (recognized more by some departments than others) - 401k matching - Good work is recognized and raises are typically given - Semi-annual bonuses. - Flexible schedule (dependent on the department) - Diversity I enjoyed working at Valorem Reply and enjoyed all of the people I worked with.

Cons

- Continual start up mindset so you'll constantly work long hours

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Nice people

Mar 23, 2021 - Delivery Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Snacks, office locations, nice coworkers

Cons

aloof senior management, try to be all things to all people

4. 1.0
      Former Employee

Very Toxic

Dec 22, 2020 - IT Expert
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is competitive if you are in the right cliques!

Cons

Terrible leadership Toxic in the way they treat their employees that are not part of the "Corner Office Club" Under bid large projects drastically to win the business, then when the team cannot deliver because they are way understaffed, they take it out on that staff.

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0

Great people Great company

Jul 13, 2020 - Solutions Consultant II in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work, great people, competitive salary, company that cares

Cons

very fast paced at times, late hours and weekends required on occasion

Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We work to provide the best possible environment for our people.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee

GREAT place to work IF you are a STRONG self-advocate

Jun 17, 2020 - Consultant in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing coworkers. WFH capabilities/beautiful offices. Potential to grow in your role/expand your skills/move between roles.

Cons

Questions about equity in pay. The same issues for women in tech that I have seen everywhere - lack of acknowledgement and respect.

Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. The tech market continues to spike in different locations and for different skill sets. We work closely with our managers to stay on top of this and have several powerful salary survey tools that provide competitive salary analyses for our people.

7. 5.0

Great Company

Oct 9, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Fast paced work environment - Ability to advance is only limited by yourself - Encouraged to be creative in problem solving - Able to wear many hats and gain good experience - Hard-working coworkers - Competitive salary & benefits (bonus, 401k match, unlimited PTO) - Hard-working and respectable CEO - Strong women leadership

Cons

None that I feel are necessary to list.

3 people found this review helpful

Sr. Manager, Organizational Development

Thanks for the feedback and for highlighting some of the things we have been working hard for over the past 10 years! We are extremely thankful to have individuals like yourself as a part of our team. To speak to a few of the things you mentioned, we need to continue to listen to all employees when they voice pain points. We have OfficeVibe, which is one outlet for expressing those concerns, but please also bring them directly to leaders so we can make timely improvements when needed. We are all very proud of our exceptional female leaders across the organization. We are very lucky to have strong, intelligent, female leaders at a variety of levels from Vice Presidents to individual contributors. That gender diversity helps to push Valorem Reply forward!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fast Paced

Oct 2, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team at Valorem Reply seem to be always ahead of the market. While some projects are of a somewhat commodity nature, more and more I'm seeing projects that push the boundaries, projects that utilize new technologies and services. I'm consistently impressed with the caliber of talent on our teams. Intellectually stimulating environment.

Cons

Typical of a consulting organization, the pace can seem overwhelming at times if your not careful to manage expectations.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Challenging, Flexible, Innovative

May 29, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I came to Valorem Reply for challenging work and I wasn't disappointed. In the one year I've been at Valorem, I've experienced more professional growth than I've experienced the past 5 years in previous roles. I also appreciate the transparency and support all levels of management provide. Executive level leadership has come up with innovative and collaborative ways to seek input and provide transparent answers to employees of all levels. The fun work culture, events, flexible WFH policy, happy hours, and snacks at the office certainly don't hurt either.

Cons

There can be times where the work can feel overwhelming and there are a lot of urgent competing priorities. If the work starts to pile up and you're feeling stretched thin, you really have to communicate that to your manager instead of trying to deal with it and waiting it out.

Sr. Manager, Organizational Development

Thank you for your feedback on so many different areas of what we do! We are so happy that you are finding your work challenging and rewarding at the same time. This is what we hope all of our people feel on a day to day basis. Please keep the feedback coming and share your positive experiences with your peers both inside and outside of the company. As for work being overwhelming at times, you are dead on in that communication is key. We actively want to avoid burnout and your manager is a key player in preventing this from happening. Continue to be proactive in sharing your stresses so we can help to alleviate the stress and utilize the smart people around you. Thanks again for the kind words and the constructive approach to your feedback!

10. 5.0

Great place to work

Nov 21, 2019 - Manager in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, fast paced, innovative, entrepreneurial, well positioned in the market

Cons

Internal Processes, Lack of standardization

Sr. Manager, Organizational Development

Thank you for the great review! We are very excited about what we have been able to achieve in the past 10 years!. As a leader in the organization, we strongly encourage you to work with the other leaders to continue to improve our internal processes and standarzidation tools across the organization.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 83 Reviews