Valorem Reply Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2020

3.8
  1. COVID-19

"Best Company I have EVER worked for!"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Valorem Reply full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Pay! Bonuses! Unlimited PTO that you are Encouraged to take! Flexible Scheduling! Work From Home during COVID-19! - The Company Leadership go out of their way to ensure that all are able to work remotely, and continue their jobs. Ongoing employee surveys to ensure all are happy with their job, the company, and to be able to provide feedback. Snacks! Food! Good things in the Office (when we were in the office, and when we return someday...)! Great, Fun, Intelligent People! Great Customers!

Cons

Health Insurance really kind of sucks everywhere these days. The Health Insurance at Valorem Reply is good, but like most plans, not great. That's really all I can think of that would be a 'Con'.

Continue reading
  2. "GREAT place to work IF you are a STRONG self-advocate"

Current Employee - Consultant in Portland, OR

I have been working at Valorem Reply full-time

Pros

Amazing coworkers. WFH capabilities/beautiful offices. Potential to grow in your role/expand your skills/move between roles.

Cons

Questions about equity in pay. The same issues for women in tech that I have seen everywhere - lack of acknowledgement and respect.

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Valorem Reply full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people, fast paced, innovative, entrepreneurial, well positioned in the market

Cons

Internal Processes, Lack of standardization

November 25, 2019Sr. Manager, Organizational Development

Thank you for the great review! We are very excited about what we have been able to achieve in the past 10 years!. As a leader in the organization, we strongly encourage you to work with the other leaders to continue to improve our internal processes and standarzidation tools across the organization.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Valorem Reply full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Fast paced work environment - Ability to advance is only limited by yourself - Encouraged to be creative in problem solving - Able to wear many hats and gain good experience - Hard-working coworkers - Competitive salary & benefits (bonus, 401k match, unlimited PTO) - Hard-working and respectable CEO - Strong women leadership

Cons

None that I feel are necessary to list.

October 14, 2019Sr. Manager, Organizational Development

Thanks for the feedback and for highlighting some of the things we have been working hard for over the past 10 years! We are extremely thankful to have individuals like yourself as a part of our team. To speak to a few of the things you mentioned, we need to continue to listen to all employees when they voice pain points. We have OfficeVibe, which is one outlet for expressing those concerns, but please also bring them directly to leaders so we can make timely improvements when needed. We are all very proud of our exceptional female leaders across the organization. We are very lucky to have strong, intelligent, female leaders at a variety of levels from Vice Presidents to individual contributors. That gender diversity helps to push Valorem Reply forward!

"Fast Paced"

I have been working at Valorem Reply full-time for more than a year

Pros

The team at Valorem Reply seem to be always ahead of the market. While some projects are of a somewhat commodity nature, more and more I'm seeing projects that push the boundaries, projects that utilize new technologies and services. I'm consistently impressed with the caliber of talent on our teams. Intellectually stimulating environment.

Cons

Typical of a consulting organization, the pace can seem overwhelming at times if your not careful to manage expectations.

"Great Place To Work"

I have been working at Valorem Reply full-time for more than a year

Pros

1) Upper Management continuously finds ways to understand and react to employee feedback. 2) Great group of highly professional consultants who are focused on solving problems. 3) The work is exciting and cutting edge. 4) Employee friendly and flexible work environment.

Cons

The company is focused on consulting; if you do not have experience consulting, then this may be challenging.

June 24, 2019Sr. Manager, Organizational Development

Thanks for your candid feedback! We are glad you are enjoying your time here!

"Challenging, Flexible, Innovative"

I have been working at Valorem Reply full-time for more than a year

Pros

I came to Valorem Reply for challenging work and I wasn't disappointed. In the one year I've been at Valorem, I've experienced more professional growth than I've experienced the past 5 years in previous roles. I also appreciate the transparency and support all levels of management provide. Executive level leadership has come up with innovative and collaborative ways to seek input and provide transparent answers to employees of all levels. The fun work culture, events, flexible WFH policy, happy hours, and snacks at the office certainly don't hurt either.

Cons

There can be times where the work can feel overwhelming and there are a lot of urgent competing priorities. If the work starts to pile up and you're feeling stretched thin, you really have to communicate that to your manager instead of trying to deal with it and waiting it out.

May 30, 2019Sr. Manager, Organizational Development

Thank you for your feedback on so many different areas of what we do! We are so happy that you are finding your work challenging and rewarding at the same time. This is what we hope all of our people feel on a day to day basis. Please keep the feedback coming and share your positive experiences with your peers both inside and outside of the company. As for work being overwhelming at times, you are dead on in that communication is key. We actively want to avoid burnout and your manager is a key player in preventing this from happening. Continue to be proactive in sharing your stresses so we can help to alleviate the stress and utilize the smart people around you. Thanks again for the kind words and the constructive approach to your feedback!

"Lies"

2.0

I worked at Valorem Reply full-time

Pros

Free snacks, works with you on life/ job balance but they have to sunce you will work 60 hours a week

Cons

Lies lies lies. Asks for questions anonymously but tap dances around any hard answers.

February 19, 2019Sr. Manager, Organizational Development

Thank you for providing constructive feedback regarding your time with Valorem Reply. I am sorry to hear your experience was not what we strive for with all of our employees. We are continually working to improve the level of transparency surrounding important issues brought up by our employees. In the past year we have implemented systems that allow for continuous feedback that is directly spoken to during our monthly town halls including pulse engagement surveys and a yammer group where you can directly ask questions to the CEO. Transparency is a key focus of our entire organization and we strive to be as open and honest with our staff to share important information at the right times. Again, thank you for your feedback and best of luck in your new opportunities!

"Fun Culture"

2.0

I have been working at Valorem Reply full-time

Pros

This place has a great culture and the Seattle office is in a cool location. There is a training budget & have the latest software. Snacks and drinks are there. There is a wfh policy

Cons

Must like working on a Microsoft project and expected to put in long hours. Others have nothing to do. CEO believes he is better than everyone. Benefits are average at best but this year they are trying different health insurance. We will need to see. Huge pay differences. Kansas City is were you need to be for promotions. Bonus is tied to billable hours so too much PTO (which is "unlimited ") or screw ups in sales can cost you.

February 5, 2019Sr. Manager, Organizational Development

Thanks for taking the time to provide us feedback. We agree that the Seattle office has a fantastic culture and they have been working hard to improve upon their success. We are constantly striving for a work/life balance that aligns with the needs of our employees but doesn’t take away from the amazing output we give to our clients and partners. This is a continual area of focus as our business grows and changes over the years. While some promotional opportunities are location specific, we do have leaders that are distributed throughout all of our offices and remotely around the United States. When a position comes available that fits your skillset, we encourage you to apply! We are also happy to see that you have noticed our focus on improving benefits for all of our employees and we are excited about the changes we have made for 2019. As always, feel free to bring these up directly to your leaders, we welcome those conversations!

"UX Designer"

I worked at Valorem Reply

Pros

Access to big name companies. Projects can vary.

Cons

Leadership communication is sorely lacking. Culture feels almost hostile with everyone working under high stress from management. No room for growth.

September 5, 2019Vice President of Human Resources

I am very sorry your experience wasn't on par with most of our employees. I realize there are occasions where someone may have a one-off challenge and we work diligently to mitigate those scenarios before they get too far. Thankfully the work environment here overall is very good based on our engagement results conducted weekly by a 3rd party partner. Thank you for your feedback. we will continue to work toward the goal of eliminating experiences like yours as we grow a high engagement culture.

Found 71 reviews