Veeam Software Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Veeam Software President & CEO Ratmir Timashev
Ratmir Timashev

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Fast growing company so I had the opportunity to learn a lot of interesting things and develop new skills (in 9 reviews)

• Great product(s) to work with, pace of development is excellent, always fresh new content being released for the captive user audience (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing and some internal processes can be either missed or not finished which reflects on the mood of the employees (in 6 reviews)

• Work/life balance is ridiculous, always stressed and always more workload (in 6 reviews)

1. "BDM"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Veeam Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working at Veeam is like working with an extremely supportive family that develops and helps you grow professionally.

Cons

Takes a while to see the fruits of your labor financially, but patience's reaps rewards!

Advice to Management

I love that we have so many new development classes and training now! Veeam is really starting to invest heavily in developing their employees and it shows!

2. "Renewals Representative"

I have been working at Veeam Software full-time

Pros

Good work life balance usually.

Cons

Tough to advance in your career.

"Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Veeam Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people. Youthful. Fast growing company. Many growth opportunities. Compensation levels improving and company as a whole appears to treasure it's progressive and family-like culture.

Cons

No profit sharing for those under director level. (no stock options for all only some at the top). New leaders at the top are bringing in own people from past companies into the positions that current employees would like to have a chance to earn. Regional marketing teams need restructuring to provide some growth opportunities- currently too linear. "Everyone sells" is a value at Veeam however, monetary rewards and incentive programs are only for Sales people.

Advice to Management

Lots of young people are getting promoted very fast and many do not know what they are doing. Slow down, start to set clear and realistic expectations and pathways for lower level team members. "Everyone gets a trophy" mentality is not working when it comes to leadership. Truth is not everyone can, or should, lead. It is ok to have career workers who are valued and rewarded for task and tenure. Keep working on improving the benefits for employees so you keep them. Because people are any company's biggest expense, PROFIT SHARING goes a long way to keeping great people long term.

4. "Sales"

I worked at Veeam Software full-time

Pros

Only pro I can genuinely think of is the fact that they provide treats and snacks during quarter end.

Cons

In my department the communication level that my supervisor held was terrible. He was not transparent whatsoever. It almost seemed like he had bottled all his frustrations up and finally unleashed it once there was a trigger.

Advice to Management

Teach effective ways to communicate to the supervisors.

5. "Growing company"

Former Employee - Sales in Belgium, WI
    Former Employee - Sales in Belgium, WI

I worked at Veeam Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything was possible but not always smart

Cons

Growing too fast so there was not a lot of time for review

6. "Great Company with Lots of Potential"

Current Employee - Developer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Developer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Veeam Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Enthusiastic leadership and engaged coworkers
    -A truly global work environment. Lots of opportunities to interact with colleagues around the world, and the chance to travel some in certain positions.
    -Self development opportunities
    -Lots of flexibility in how to accomplish a task
    -Great benefits
    -Extremely flexible work schedule (at least in my position)

Cons

-Sometimes priorities can change and information from leadership can be vague. This is getting better as the company grows.
    -Disjointed communication between various global offices
    -Can be very slow at times and slammed at others. There didn't seem to be much in between.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing to modernize the work environment. Top tier tech companies attract the workforce they do because they invest in their well being, professional development, and engagement. It's getting there - just keep pushing in that direction!

7. "Channel"

I have been working at Veeam Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Your peers and team are the only thing that will help you keep it together.

Cons

Salary is below market, upper management is clueless. There is a complete disconnect between what we are supposed to be doing to what is asked of us to do. No career path advancement. No support from your direct manager. No real human care factor. It is not the Veeam of 5 years ago. They have lost what truly made it special.

Advice to Management

Take a real look at middle management. You have some real lay low, stay off the radar, lazy managers.

"Absolutely a joke. Revolving door with it support engineers"

Former Employee - IT TIER One in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - IT TIER One in Columbus, OH

I worked at Veeam Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are few. Low pay and confusing job in that you learn absolutely nothing that you can take with you. Turnover is horrendous. Columbus hires these systems engineers but it's actually a help desk call center anyone can do. Worst experience of my life. No pros. Columbus office is a total joke. They promise you the world. It's a terrible job.

Cons

They sell you on this robust role but honestly we all hate our jobs. No opportunity to be creative or think for yourself. I thought this job would change my career but in fact my entire future has been pushed back years because I had faith in them. It's really hard and not even useful you're a glorified sales support person and no one appreciates you nor is there career development for it support engineers. By the way it's SO POLITICAL. if you do not kiss butt you'll never be promoted. Only good for first job out of school if you're desperate!

Advice to Management

Stop lying that this job is more than a glorified internal sales support job. Not relevant to modern day IT like they say. Due to non disclosure no one tells you upfront that this company is viewed as a joke to work for. Worst decision of my life. Fired after 40 days because I made two typos. Low morale. Bad benefits. You are a number and treated terribly. Stay away!!!

"No Longer the Place to Be!"

Current Employee - Management in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Management in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Veeam Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great products and great employees

Cons

Management. New CEO continues to bring in his "buddies" from his previous company VMWare. No loyalty to the hard working folks that got Veeam to where it is today. Now it's all about getting the company ready to sell. Culture is shot.

HR is absolutely the worst I've ever seen. Will fire people for no reason, with no documentation and that is becoming the norm. There is no one on the HR team to protect the rights of the employees - it's only there to serve the management team in axing whoever they want to replace with one of "their own" . . .

Advice to Management

The company used to be run based on the Veeam Core Values - since the new VMWare team has arrived the core values are out the window.

"Benefits are not everything!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Veeam Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are great, hardly have gone up since I've been here. Everyone is really friendly and always willing to help.

Cons

Very political, its all about who you know within the company and you can get whatever you want. Raises are a joke. If you get promoted they will low ball you and pay you less than half what they would pay someone else coming in. The excuse is they would hire someone in with more experience, which is a joke because you have to in turn train and get someone else up to speed and they aren't always that talented. Leadership promotes top performers who don't know what there doing, and make wrong calls all of the time. Work/life balance is ridiculous, always stressed and always more workload. Leadership would rather overload then hire an extra body.

Advice to Management

Start paying employees at market level.