Veeam Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Veeam Software Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veeam Software.

Interview

Very easy. Screening with a recruiter, phone call with manager, skype interview with isa manager and isr manager, followed by offer. It was a very easy process that took a few weeks from start to finish. The recruiter in charge of the ISA position in Atlanta is an absolute joke. He blatantly lies about the job duties and process of the role.

Interview Questions

• explain the cloud, virtualization and why you would be a good fit at veeam   Answer Question

Cloud Service Provider Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Veeam Software (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was referred by an internal person. Initially spoke with the hiring manager and had a great conversation. After the first call he asked me for my 30-60-90 day plan. ( I know shouldn't have provided that until I secured the position but was referred internally so figured I had a better chance) anyway. I then on my own initiative reached out to numerous people that I would work directly with to get their understanding of the position and how best to work together. Asked for their support and all 3 people gave me their support. Then I met face to face with the hiring manager. Conversation went well. He wanted me to speak with 2 sales people and said he would send me there information. After a week I called him to get their names and contact information. He sent me there names and email. I reached out to both via email with no response. I CC'd him on all conversations. Then I reached out to a friend that is in sales and told her I was interviewing for a job there. She said she would send the hiring manager an email with a Reference for me. In the meantime out of the blue and with no communication I received an email to take a personality/math/English test. I took the test and sent back the same day. Still not hearing back from the sales people I was asked to speak with I got their phone numbers and called. I spoke with one that stated he would support me for the role but never heard back from the other. After 2 weeks I reached out to the hiring manager and got no response. Then sent an email overviewing everyone that i had spoken too, test etc. Still no response from anyone in the company. After another 3 weeks i called the hiring manager and no response. Then sent an email to the recruiter trying to understand their process? Nothing. Finally over a week later they responded.

My thoughts, if your not interested or if you need to are communicate! Keeping a possible candidate in the dark for months especially when they are referred by an internal person, asked to take a test is rude and disrespectful. Makes me wonder how you would treat a new hire once on board. You should be ashamed of your hiring practices!

Interview Questions

• Please provide a 30-60-90 day plan on how you would go about doing the job.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Veeam Software (New York, NY).

Interview

The absolute worst experience in my career. I am glad they didn't make an offer (not the reason for my negative review I promise). A bunch of bafoons. Stay away from these guys is the best advice I could give you. Very unprofessional managers and recruiters.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veeam Software (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

All of my interviews were scheduled at the last minute and I was "rushed" in. I went though 4 rounds of interivews (2 phone and 2 in person). I was offered the job on a Monday, confirmed start date, started background check, etc. The next day, I received a call from the recruiter saying that they interviewed someone after they gave me my offer and were going with the other candidate. I truly feel like I dodged a bullet by not working for a company that treats people this way.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Veeam Software in September 2016.

Interview

Phone call with an internal recruiter. Next was an on-line test. Mix of a personality and SAT type test. Next was a phone call from the hiring manager and lastly a personal interview that also included me doing a presentation that lasted at least 20 min.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions based upon my experience levels. Wanted to see the fit into Veeam's particular industry and vertical.   Answer Question

Support Level I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Veeam Software (Columbus, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

The process started with a few phone calls between myself and several members of the company. These calls ranged from being about personal/work history, and technical skills. Once, I had passed that entire process, I was brought into the office for a in-person interview, which was done with several people.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question
    • What is in the box? ie. The box test. Do a google search, it is actually a really fun question/test to take.   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between TCP and UDP?   1 Answer
    • What is DNS?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a situation, where you do not know the answer?   Answer Question

Content Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veeam Software (Columbus, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Laid back and conversational. Held the first one over Skype, second in person. I had to produce a sample project for the team as my final round. Overall it only took about 2 weeks total, and they were in communication with me frequently.

Interview Questions

• I had to make a sample project using some of the authoring tools the team I was applying for uses. Also many questions about my past experience and how it would translate here.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Veeam Software (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

An initial phone interview, a personality test online a detailed phone interview and then an in person panel interview. The hiring managers had different personalities, which helped make the interview conversational

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy about sales?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Veeam Software.

Interview

Straight-forward interview, phone interview followed by a group interview with a panel of managers. interview process does not take too long, salary is not clearly discussed since there is a commission component. depending on what region you are assigned to will definitely determine your income.

Inside Channel Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Veeam Software in September 2015.

Interview

I was able to get my resume in front of hiring manger through my network. He then had HR contact me. My interview with HR lasted about 40 minutes with typical interview questions. Nothing difficult. At the end of the interview the HR contact asked me if I had relationships with 3 specific accounts and when I said that I did not was told that was a requirement. We probably could have significantly shortened this conversation if this questions was asked up front. Nevertheless, it was very professional.