Cover image for Very

Found 42 of over 44 reviews

4.2
Very President Ryan Prosser
Ryan Prosser

What people are saying about Very

Join the conversation on

Tech

468K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Very~1702043
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Interesting Challenges

Nov 29, 2022 - Lead Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The engineers that I work with are all very talented and smart. The team is very driven, and the environment is collaborative I really enjoy working in IoT, every project is different

Cons

Sometimes communication can feel like a challenge in a remote environment There could be more PTO

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Talented People, Challenging Work, Rich Culture

Nov 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very is full of talented people who care a lot about building great products for our clients. Because we care a lot, we challenge ourselves and each other to improve daily. Not because of some external pressure to perform but because we take pride in our work. One of my favorite things about Very is its rich culture. We have employees across the United States and in countries all over the Western Hemisphere. I'm constantly learning about different cultures as I interact with teammates, and it makes working at Very such an enriching experience.

Cons

Very is growing and faces challenges that most businesses face when they scale. That said, Very is always trying new things, figuring out what works and doesn't.

3. Join the Very team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great fit for me

Nov 16, 2022 - Designer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work with a proactive team with great communication and leadership Interesting and challenging projects. The company culture is amazing and you can see how engaged most employees are

Cons

Working remotely can be difficult and it’s not for everyone.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Work with really smart people on really hard engineering problems

Nov 11, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work with a smart, driven team. Better engineering principles and agile work. A company that actually cares about people and wants to help them grow.

Cons

Working remotely can be hard, especially on IoT work.

6. 5.0

Best Job I've Ever Had

Oct 14, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Grand Rapids, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Been here a little over two years and no complaints so far, everyone's been great. Love working in IOT with a lot of smart people who believe in the company.

Cons

Nothing to add at this time.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

You’ll learn a lot , but you’ll also get burned out

Sep 19, 2022 - Lead Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to learn a lot and depending on the team you’re on you get to change projects frequently. That can also be a con though. It is also a good stepping stone to another job because you’ll get a ton of experience.

Cons

You’ll get more PTO somewhere else. The benefits are on par or below par with other companies for similar job titles. The company just ships code for money, it doesn’t have to be IoT related. That can be a pro if you don’t want to work on IoT, but if you’re the kind of person who needs recognition from your superiors, the you may not get it unless you are on a successful IoT project.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Solid Person-First Culture and Atmosphere

Jul 28, 2022 - Operations and Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The leaders at Very have a strong vision for the company and are striving toward one common goal, which, in return, promotes unity throughout the entire organization. - Very is heavily focused on the personal well-being of their employees, both mental and physical; numerous programs are in place to help the employees reach their own personal goals. - All of my coworkers are incredibly enjoyable to work with and are some of the nicest people I have met in this industry! - The work I am doing is extremely intriguing and enjoyable. The main reason for this is that my manager listens to what I have to say and tries to make my experience at Very as enjoyable as possible. -There is a solid person-first culture in play that makes working remotely an extremely enjoyable job characteristic, which I was initially skeptical of when first working from home.

Cons

- Being that Very is distributed across the states and Latin America, creating strong work relationships with individuals outside your immediate realm can be challenging. There are programs in place to expand your relationships with coworkers; however, to make these relationships, you have to be driven to do so.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Doing it the way it should be done

Jun 20, 2022 - Director of Account Management in Carlsbad, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The leaders at this company actually lead. They treat people with respect and are passionate about maintaining the company values as we grow. - Amazing projects. We are involved in a variety of projects, solving a variety of problems in the IoT space. Every day is something new and exciting. - The people are incredible. I have never worked at a company that does such an amazing job of vetting team members to ensure that as we grow, the standards in skills and personality are maintained. - Benefits are incredible. Not only do they provide stipends to cover your at-home working experience (we've been 100% remote since before it was cool), but medical benefits are better than any company I have ever worked for, especially considering coverage for the entire family. - Life balance. This company protects and defends your free time and personal life. Sick kids, unexpected errands, etc., Very says in the hiring/orientation process they don't infringe on your personal time, whether planned or unplanned, and truly they back up their words with action. - A sense of belonging and community. Even though we're 100% remote, the People (HR) division here at Very does an incredible job of creating a sense of belonging and community. We are spread all across the Americas, but when we got together for the (all expenses paid) company retreat in Punta Cana, it was like seeing old friends, even though I hadn't met the majority of them ever in person. - Professional and education development. Very offers a number of resources to advance your professional and educational skills. Not only do they offer them, but they celebrate them when people use them. I could go on and on, but honestly what it comes down to is the fact that when Very says they are about something, they mean it and it shows itself through action.

Cons

When a company with such people-centric values grows at the pace Very is growing, there will be some growing pains. Not everyone will understand the moves made by leadership and decide their paths lead elsewhere. It's always a bummer to lose good people, but everyone's path is their own.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best in class for those looking for skills development

Apr 9, 2022 - Software Engineer in Lander, WY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazingly smart/talented coworkers (also extremely good and humble people) - Great opportunities for personal learning (fairly structured, but very people oriented and reasonable) - Friendliest place I've ever worked (and I've worked at some great ones) - Really diverse and interesting work - I have personally seen management listen to it's employees when it's making decisions. It seems worthy to note that many of the negative reviews are about leadership decisions. The leaders in the company decide that change is needed, and they provide the employees the opportunity to provide input on what change will look like. Employees are not in charge of the company, but leadership does care and they take those opinions into account. - Bias for action, iterative in their policies. (also noted under cons) Awesome to see a company that doesn't live with inefficiency. - You will probably feel like an ant among giants. If this is a con for you, don't apply.

Cons

- PTO is pretty sparse. - Leadership's bias for action lends itself towards iterative change. This is a company who's policies will always be in flux. (also noted under pros)

3 people found this review helpful
  11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Authentic people- first culture and incredibly interesting work

Mar 26, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Investments in employees (mentorship, learning and dev, career growth) Collaborative team work across disciplines Dynamic interesting challenges to solve Rewarding deliverable based projects

Cons

Not a con to me or likey people who are attracted to this company, but not your vibe if you want discrete tactical work

2 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Reviews
</>Embed

Very Reviews FAQs

Very has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 44 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Very to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Very employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Very. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

74% of Very employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Very 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Very to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Very Job Seekers