Victory Security Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "12-15"

Pros

Easy work, and I liked being alone. I was offered a position driving a company truck around Bradford county and loved it. They had no problem with my doing homework on the over night shift

Cons

My uniform was always broken and they were cheaply made, sometimes we would have to be in our vehicles and run them all night to keep the radio working, there was a few nights in the winter where the generators would stop working and I would be stuck in negative digits weather for hours.

Advice to Management

They denied me a promotion because I was a guy and "people would prefer a woman"

2. "Laid Back Company"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I have been working at Victory Security full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a laid back company with flexible schedules. The supervisors would almost bend over backward for its loyal employees.

Cons

The management structure is a bit lacking as with any company. There is no officer ranks and nothing to strive to. But as long as you do your job, you will always have a job. The only real Con is that only friends of management are the ones that get promoted to supervisor positions. So if you have a problem with your boss, there is no one to turn to because they are all buddies.

Advice to Management

Create a rank structure so the officer has something to try to work towards.

The thought of always being a bottom level officer is unmotivating and is not rewarding. People need to feel they can advance in a company even if it is only to a Lieutenant or Sergeant rank.

"Site Supervisor"

I worked at Victory Security full-time

Pros

This company makes accommodation for its employees. In my time with this company I have even suggested firing people. They were not fired. Why? Because management instead worked with these people to correct the concerns and move forward.

Cons

The pay is low to start. There is not time off or sick pay. However, when I need a day off they are fine with that if I arrange it.

Advice to Management

Give your upper level on site management more opportunity for advancement. Also some vacation time would be helpful.

4. "Not the best"

I have been working at Victory Security full-time

Pros

Decent people to work with. That is about all that can be said for the Pros.

Cons

bad pay for the amount of work. Expect to much and gives to little to its employees. poorly managed.

Advice to Management

Increase salary and get the schedule together and the employees will become happier with the job

5. "Patrol officer & gate house"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Venice, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Venice, FL

Pros

There is nothing good about working for this security company.

Cons

They wanted to pay me a little over minimum wage, no benefits at all, only health and there is a reason why they even have that. Working here was a waste of my time. From site supervisor straight up to the top, have no respect for their employees. They treat them like crap and used them like a slave. No vacation time but you have to work on every holiday. To get time off you have to get some body to cover your shift yourself and they very strick about over time, which either way it has to happen because they always short of staff. I wasn't having that so I left, I have pride and I won't be taking for a fool. There is no growth opportunity here. DONT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY !!

Advice to Management

Respect your workers, provide a clean working environment for them, make them feel like a person, not a dog.

6. "supervisor"

I have been working at Victory Security full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only great thing with this job is the scheduling. If your young and you want to go out and have a great time, this job will not hold you back.

Cons

Management never works with employees. They are unsympathetic to their employees needs. They underpay their employees on a regular basis, takes forever to get compensated for the payroll mistakes. Security gets yearly vacation time while the valets dont. There is no discipline what so ever, management is afraid to do so.

Advice to Management

work on everything.

7. "Security Officer"

Current Employee - Dependable Team Player; Professional Ethical & Respectful in West Bradenton, FL

Pros

Great people and a wonderful environment...
    One of the finest deed restricted developments
    along and contiguous to the Manatee River...
    I am NOT in sales but, you must see Tidewater
    Preserve to really appreciate it...
    You won't forget us because
    "The experience IS everything..."

All the very best, Dave

Cons

Use of personal vehicles for required patrols is a con...
    They could afford to furnish a patrol vehicle
    as the expense to maintain a personal
    vehicle is almost prohibitive today...

Otherwise, No complaints...

I've been here eight (8) years... :)

Advice to Management

Cheers to and for Richard Barber who is the man...

8. "School security guard"

Pros

Liked working at school good job.

Cons

Controlling school kids behavior can be a task.

Advice to Management

It is not a good idea to discriminate against employees with a disability

9. "They were an okay company to work for. Ultimately it was a foot in the door for somewhere else."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Victory Security full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management was good and reasonable with certain issues. Could have a flexible schedule and overtime was normally available. Also some of the people were great to work with.

Cons

Pay wasn't that great, some employees were very unreliable and we were constantly filling their shifts. Guards who were no call, no shows at times still had a job somehow despite constantly telling management to get rid of them.

10. "Worked as an attendant at a local hospital parking booth. Worked 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts throughout the week."

Current Employee - Parking Booth Attendant in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Parking Booth Attendant in Erie, PA

I have been working at Victory Security full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours, oftentimes relaxed environment when working alone

Cons

Management seems almost non-existent at times

Advice to Management

Consider raising pay for your employees, or at least consider offering benefits for full-time employees.