Virtual Radiologic Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jim Burke

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home when needed (in 7 reviews)

• There are great people that work at vRad (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • This is a growing company that is fast paced to keep it's spot as first in the field (in 4 reviews)

• Benefits are less than desirable (in 2 reviews)

"Great Company for Hard Workers"

Current Employee - Physician Services in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Physician Services in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Virtual Radiologic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been at this company for 5 years now and love this place. It cares more for us than I have experianced in past positions. There are always fun events going on and the career development offered is great. My supervisor and manager meet with me regularly to provide updates and communication is excellent. I have advanced in my 5 years and been given several perks, such as working from home and helping with additional projects. I feel like I have a voice on the team and what I say matters.

Cons

Not really a con but a warning depending on what kind of work you prefer- This is not a company for slackers who like the day to go by slowly. This is a growing company that is fast paced to keep it's spot as first in the field. Perks are reserved for hard workers and people are held accountable for their work.

"Great, Challenging Company"

I have been working at Virtual Radiologic full-time

Pros

- Challenging yet rewarding work - processes/priorities change daily, but that keeps it interesting
    - Career growth for those willing to work hard
    - Opportunities to collaborate with other departments
    - Leadership will give you feedback - positive or constructive - for your personal development
    - Flexible schedules for those meeting or exceeding job requirements
    - Making a difference in healthcare

Cons

Agree with the review a few days ago. I more have "warnings" for those who are looking to apply:
    - If you can't deal with a continuously changing, fast-pace environment, this is not the place for you.
    - Like most companies, there are different levels of performers. Unfortunately, the low performers are the loudest (you'll see their reviews below). The funny thing is, it doesn't take much to be a high performer. It's pretty simple actually. You really just need to be able to work independently, do quality work, and show you can meet the minimum job expectations. Management gives you TONS of chances and coaching too to help you get to that minimum threshold.
    - vRad is flexible with team members, but will let team members go if they can't cooperate with their boss, take too many breaks to gossip in the break room or on IM/emails. Even though you're one person in the company, vRad's work fluctuates, so when one person is slacking, it not only hurts their department, but the doctors and the patients waiting for our services.

Advice to Management

We appreciate you. Although you may get bad reviews on here from time to time, know those people are better off and so is the team you're managing.

"Terrible place to work"

I worked at Virtual Radiologic full-time

Pros

They try to act like throwing a happy hour once every couple of months makes up for paying their employees crap and treating them like crap too.

Cons

Terrible organization in the largest team in the company. The director does not know what she's doing and she is given full reign to do as she pleases. The issues were brought up to the CEO at the time and he left. The new man in charge can't be bothered to take care of any of the issues.

Advice to Management

Change.

"Think Twice before Accepting a job here - especially in Physician Services."

Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Virtual Radiologic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people! I had constant support from my co-workers and made great friends here.

Great company culture - they do tons of employment appreciation events including, oktoberfest, happy hours, and paint nites.

Cons

Management in Physician Services has NO idea what they are doing. I constantly felt like I was being micro-managed - I never felt like I could take breaks and felt like I was constantly being monitored. They had unrealistic expectations in all 4 departments of physician services, they pushed us to the MAX and we all felt stressed out always. They treated us like we were robots who didn't need to sleep or take a break or speak to others. I had said in my interview that I wanted to be treated like a human being - that is not what happened.

Management and HR make promises that they don't keep. - They say that to get you in the door and then don't follow through on them. For example - DO NOT expect to get be able to work from home unless you are the child of an executive or you are friends with one of the managers. Also, it is very unlikely that you will be able to choose your own schedule. Remember this before you accept a job. I joined this company because of the work from home benefit and never got a chance to work from how even after being there for 2 years.

Advice to Management

Lower your expectations - understand what human beings are able to accomplish without going insane. Hire enough people to do the work you want them to do. Treat people like Humans. If you want robots working there, then hire robots.

"Project Coordinator"

Pros

Great people to work with. Flexibility of working from home.

Cons

Very fast paced and many customers can lead to sometimes being stressed.

"Area Director"

Current Employee - Area Director
    Current Employee - Area Director

I have been working at Virtual Radiologic full-time

Pros

vRad is a trusted partner to over 2000 hospitals and its success is due to excellent radiologists, advanced technology platform, and dedicated employees. Culture is tops.

Cons

Hundreds of demanding customers to keep happy can overwhelm you at times.

Advice to Management

Fuel the growth! Keep hiring the best radiologists.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Area Director in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Area Director in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Virtual Radiologic (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people and environment with competitive pay

Cons

There were not many cons other than a time period when they merged with NightHawk

Advice to Management

For the most part, keep doing what you are doing. You have also improved with the sales training to the team, which was not the case early on

"Love vRad!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Virtual Radiologic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team environment, flexible schedules including occasional work from home options, transparent communication from senior leadership, lots of new things happening as we grow and expand, great benefit offerings

Cons

Workload very heavy for some people, no defined career path for most jobs/departments but that is slowly changing

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Radiologist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Virtual Radiologic (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home. Earnings based on productivity.

Cons

Late hours. High volume.

11. "Pluses and minues"

Current Employee - Network Technician in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Network Technician in Eden Prairie, MN

Pros

Management is well put together. Many facets to the up division, but also not at the same time. The managers want you to succeed, check in to make sure you're doing well.

Cons

Benefits, 401K are less than desirable.

Advice to Management

Continue what you're doing