KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

WIT Software Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2022

Found 92 of over 102 reviews

3.8
WIT Software CEO Luís Moura e Silva (no image)
Luís Moura e Silva

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Definitely the worst job experience ever

Sep 20, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very imaginative, hard working staff. Occasionally a brilliant mind or two within the product development teams. Very good facilities in Lisbon.

Cons

Awful facilities at the headquarters. No sense of professional management whatsoever. Completely egocentric management to cover own flaws and overall inferiority complex. Total lack of respect for the Human Resources.

47 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good company

Jun 10, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good working conditions Remote work possibility People are very friendly and empathic. Nice pay considering Portugal. Annual raises.

Cons

Mostly, short time frames. Also management some times has crazy ideas.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Awful Management and working environment

May 9, 2022 - Software Engineer in Porto, Oporto
    Business Outlook

Pros

Devs work hard. Projects are interesting. Perks are good

Cons

Everything else. On the onboarding you only get meetings with HR, management and a couple of devs. They don't think its worth to spend 15 minutes of the team you are going to be working with to introduce people around. Feedback isn't welcome on sprint retrospectives/refinements if it goes against what management wants. Expect stories to be estimated with as low SP as possible, to appease the customer. Processes don't get improved. Management is the worse thing I've ever seen. At the end of every Sprint they will congratulate you, with always the same copy paste message in the lines of "thanks for the effort, amazing team" yada yada yada yada. You would think there is thrust in the team if they say this, but no, even when the team delivers 110%, if in the next week an outside block appears you will get managers breathing down your neck. Pressure culture is definitely a thing here. Old mentality. Management thinks this company is in the textile business. While other companies are focusing on mental wellbeing and finding time for the workers to get to know each other, cool off, laugh a bit, ease of work... No such thing in WIT. You are here to work, period. Dont come to WIT if you care about your happiness or well being.

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Nice place to work

Apr 21, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work and develop your technical skills

Cons

There were no big cons during my experience

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to grow

Feb 8, 2022 - Quality Engineer in Coimbra, Coimbra
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people Good perks They care about the collabs and always search for different ways to provide more quality of life

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Wit Software

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

A great company to enter the market

Jan 25, 2022 - Software Quality Controller
    Business Outlook

Pros

WIT Software is a great place to acquire a lot of knowledge as the first job. You will have contact with the most recent technologies and you will surely be able to improve your soft and hard skills. Also, regarding the salary and perks, these are usually better than the market average.

Cons

The overall quality of your conditions will be hardly dependent on your project as there are a lot ao Managers that will simply micromanage everything and demand impossible deadlines.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing place to work

Jan 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I work with respectful and fun co-workers, with people that are always eager to help you anytime, even if you're not working in their project, they make time to help you in your issues. HR are a really awesome and caring team, even if they don't have a lot of time, they always make you feel welcomed and try everything to help you on what you need. Projects are really interesting and with a great focus on international market. They do a lot of work to make people feel good at the company: parties and other small events, meetings to share info about the company, during the Covid 19 pandemic they donate ventilators and EPI donation to a lot of institutions, employees also could benefit with some masks for them and their families and receive an extra compensation when the most companies ended bonuses and raises, at WIT we've had the double of the bonuses we usually had previous years - that was an incredible sign of how much they care for their people.

Cons

Some project managers seems to have a bigger focus on the client needs instead of their team member's efforts and that make that sometimes we need to be more focused on what we can do accordingly to the the tight time constraints and not in the quality of the code and the quality of the overall solution.

5 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0

Good company to work

Dec 20, 2021 - Software Engineer in Aveiro
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work in Portugal

Cons

Salaries can be more competitive

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Call it home and a place to grow

Oct 22, 2021 - Marketing Associate in Lisbon, Lisbon
    Business Outlook

Pros

The working environment is always positive and familiar. My team gets to be creative and innovative, and I feel I can count on anybody to help me in anything that I need. Plus, there is a lot of benefits WIT gives to their employees.

Cons

Sometimes, the processes inside WIT take time because there is lack of organization.

10. 5.0

A lot of challenges

Jan 5, 2021 - Software Engineer in Coimbra, Coimbra
    Business Outlook

Pros

I think one of the biggest advantages of working at WIT is how much you learn. You have a lot of challenges, well, for good and bad - it can be quite demanding sometimes, but you learn and grow a lot. I’ve worked in a bigger company before, and my work was quite compartmentalised. I had less responsibilities but I felt that my learning curve was more like - a flat line. Here I feel defied and that I’m growing a lot as a professional. Benefits are quite good too, and I feel that my progression has been adequate to my evolution. I feel recognised for what I do. Of course I would like to have a bigger salary. Who doesn’t? But I know that the stability I have here, I wouldn’t be able to find in many companies.

Cons

In my previous job I was more “protected” from the client. Here my level of exposure is bigger, and the client can be a bit demanding, but honestly I think it gives me the opportunity to explore other competences I hadn’t had the chance to explore before.

4 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 92 Reviews

WIT Software Reviews FAQs

WIT Software has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 102 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at WIT Software to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, WIT Software employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at WIT Software. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

73% of WIT Software employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated WIT Software 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at WIT Software to be benefits, compensation, coworkers and the cons to be career development, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with WIT Software Job Seekers