KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

WIT Software Reviews

Updated May 24, 2021

Found 75 of over 80 reviews

3.8
WIT Software CEO Luís Moura e Silva (no image)
Luís Moura e Silva
Pros
  • "The company seems to be aware that team-building activities are an important thing(in 6 reviews)

• "Coimbra, Leiria, Porto and Aveiro(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "In some projects there was a lot of extra working hours and it was the expected(in 7 reviews)

• "In some teams there are excellent project management and organized work and others there is no processes at all(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Definitely the worst job experience ever

Sep 20, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very imaginative, hard working staff. Occasionally a brilliant mind or two within the product development teams. Very good facilities in Lisbon.

Cons

Awful facilities at the headquarters. No sense of professional management whatsoever. Completely egocentric management to cover own flaws and overall inferiority complex. Total lack of respect for the Human Resources.

46 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing place to work

Jan 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I work with respectful and fun co-workers, with people that are always eager to help you anytime, even if you're not working in their project, they make time to help you in your issues. HR are a really awesome and caring team, even if they don't have a lot of time, they always make you feel welcomed and try everything to help you on what you need. Projects are really interesting and with a great focus on international market. They do a lot of work to make people feel good at the company: parties and other small events, meetings to share info about the company, during the Covid 19 pandemic they donate ventilators and EPI donation to a lot of institutions, employees also could benefit with some masks for them and their families and receive an extra compensation when the most companies ended bonuses and raises, at WIT we've had the double of the bonuses we usually had previous years - that was an incredible sign of how much they care for their people.

Cons

Some project managers seems to have a bigger focus on the client needs instead of their team member's efforts and that make that sometimes we need to be more focused on what we can do accordingly to the the tight time constraints and not in the quality of the code and the quality of the overall solution.

5 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Proud commitment

Mar 30, 2021 - Support Services in Coimbra, Coimbra, Coimbra
      Business Outlook

Pros

Being at WIT Software is more than a job. It is a sense of personal and professional evolution. The most impressive thing about belonging to this company, is to feel that we are part of it. We are all important, no matter the age group or our position in the company's hierarchy. We always receive feedback from who we are and where we are going together, and how we can be more involved and better persons. Besides, WIT have great sense of humanity and help, not only caring about their persons, but also caring and showing respect for their families and community. WIT Support Services has a great team spirit, focused on WIT and its employees. Being part of this team is a proud commitment to a constant professional challenge, and it is rewarding to belong to such differentiated team.

Cons

Remote work due to COVID 19 (which is good) but I miss the smiles and team building times at the office.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

A lot of challenges

Jan 5, 2021 - Software Engineer in Coimbra, Coimbra, Coimbra
      Business Outlook

Pros

I think one of the biggest advantages of working at WIT is how much you learn. You have a lot of challenges, well, for good and bad - it can be quite demanding sometimes, but you learn and grow a lot. I’ve worked in a bigger company before, and my work was quite compartmentalised. I had less responsibilities but I felt that my learning curve was more like - a flat line. Here I feel defied and that I’m growing a lot as a professional. Benefits are quite good too, and I feel that my progression has been adequate to my evolution. I feel recognised for what I do. Of course I would like to have a bigger salary. Who doesn’t? But I know that the stability I have here, I wouldn’t be able to find in many companies.

Cons

In my previous job I was more “protected” from the client. Here my level of exposure is bigger, and the client can be a bit demanding, but honestly I think it gives me the opportunity to explore other competences I hadn’t had the chance to explore before.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee

Good company to learn but that's not all

Mar 17, 2021 - Anonymous
      Business Outlook

Pros

- You will work with renowned clients - They pay the monthly mobile phone bill - They offer good and regular training - From my personal experience, HR seems to be concerned with your well being

Cons

- Get ready to have an enormous pressure on your daily life - They do micro management to an absurd point where you have to report twice a day what you are doing - Depending on the team they put you on, teammates ignore you and don't make you feel part of the team - They don't fire anyone, they make people want to quit - For every bad review in the glassdoor, there is always a good one that appears by magic

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Review

May 24, 2021 - Software Developer in Coimbra, Coimbra, Coimbra
      Business Outlook

Pros

The People you work with

Cons

Projects disorganization internally and external

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

company

May 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

office is new and pretty big

Cons

micro management unstable onsite benefit is pretty bad

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Not only a company, a comunity

Jan 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people. You will not feel lonely for sure. There will be always someone therw for you. The perks.

Cons

Processes are not well designed so some times it feels like we are always improvising although is not a startup anymore. You can move from project to project and feel like you are moving from company to company.

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good salary, bad management

Apr 19, 2021 - Business Analyst in Coimbra, Coimbra, Coimbra
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary and overall conditions.

Cons

Bad management, bad work environment.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company to work at

Dec 18, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good life/work balance. Very good benefits. Office spirit and companionship is very good (this might depend of the office). Human resources always working on ways to improve benefits and accompany your progress. Annual salary revision.

Cons

Bonus policy is confusing and i think it's not very good. While some projects have good management and organization, others are at the complete opposite of the spectrum.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 75 Reviews