WealthEngine Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

WealthEngine Reviews

Updated Sep 19, 2019

WealthEngine CEO PV Boccasam (no image)
PV Boccasam
Pros
  • "Friendly, knowledgeable and great people to work with, in India and the US(in 5 reviews)

• "Fun Culture- There is always something going on in the office and they really try hard to reward the hard work we all do(in 4 reviews)

Cons

"A newly reborn company with a great team!"

Current Employee - Senior Director, User Experience Design in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at WealthEngine full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart, friendly and dedicated team Great vision, purpose and culture Almost 80% people are new (hired within 2018-19) New technology, always innovating Nice benefits, flexible schedule Growing revenue

Cons

Traffic to Bethesda can be bad sometimes

Advice to Management

Keep the innovation going and keep up the employee-friendly culture

WealthEngine2019-09-19
  2. "A very good place to work"

Former Employee - Engineer in Bethesda, MD

I worked at WealthEngine full-time for less than a year

Pros

Before I started working at WealthEngine, I was scared from the reviews I read on Glassdoor. However I decided to join. What I saw and experienced, working at WealthEngine, was not at all like what I was expecting from the reviews. I founded to be a great place to work. My team was great, smart and very nice to work with. I felt supported too. Everyone works hard to take the platform and the company to the next... level.

Cons

Office is a little old and needs some renovation.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

WealthEngine2019-08-12

"Exciting start with a disappointing ending"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at WealthEngine full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with nonprofits is a rewarding market to be in. The company has built a good brand perception in the space. Colleagues are nice.

Cons

Lack of mutual trust within the org. You will be led on or lied to no matter how proactive you are in gathering constructive feedback. No one seems to be selling (can't tell you the last time there was a team call or an email about a deal closing). Can't stop pointing fingers at the front line who all did extremely well in 2018. Very siloed, "stay in your lane" feel that evolved since I started. Revolving door in... all departments makes it hard to get things done if it involves you working with other people or teams as you never know if someone left or joined. New product release will be "interesting." Cost cutting has built a large office in India which results in support items / client data being worked on outside the US.

Advice to Management

Start by being honest with your employees. Be proactive in leading/managing, quit the reactive nature that is prevalent throughout the org. Very simple concept, but having team calls and including other departments for cross team collaboration will go a long way. Be committed to long-standing employees (3 critical people had quit within months of 2019 that were amazing people to work with and always went the extra... mile, but cost cutting or promoting externally pushed them out the door which turned out interesting since the external hire even ended up quitting in months). Be transparent, I have to comment on the review below from April 2019 as it seems to be consistent amongst your general feelings on just letting people go without any heads up (seen this many times since I started). Maybe think about speaking to your employees or have a genuine conversation like adults? Having Performance Improvement Plans isnt a bad idea since its an ethical way to support and treat your employees like humans, especially since you don't provide transparency along the way. Everyone was selling and hitting quotas in 2018, new sales "leader" joined with a disruptive attitude and it changed. Maybe think a bit off of the front line where everyone was a top performer 8 months ago ? Good luck, many good people there and this ship could turn course, but you're focusing in the wrong areas and need to realize that asap.

WealthEngine2019-08-19

"Not A Place For Engineers"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Bethesda, MD

I worked at WealthEngine full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I liked most of my co-workers..

Cons

ENGINEERS, DO NOT TAKE A JOB HERE. Why? Insane deadlines to push out new code and no thought to fixing existing problems. But there is plenty of time to get yelled at when something breaks. The office is toxic. If you take advantage of their work from home policy to escape it then management starts to wonder if you are really working. I saw that happen to more than one person. There's also a decent chance that your... job will get shipped overseas. My advice, find a tech company that you loathe (Microsoft, Amazon, Oracle, whatever) and get a job there. You will be happier than working at WealthEngine.

Advice to Management

Therapy would be really beneficial. And if you fix the problems with the company and its culture, you won't have to astroturf reviews on sites like this.

WealthEngine2019-06-03
  5. "Great Energy and exciting atmosphere"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at WealthEngine full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredibly opportunity in the sales department. The platform is improving year over year. Great opportunity for growth and exciting opportunity for anyone looking for sales experience

Cons

Turnover on the management side.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower sales people and give them opportunities to grow.

WealthEngine2019-04-23

"Rebirth and Energy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at WealthEngine full-time for less than a year

Pros

The start up energy is back! While the company has been around for 20 years, they are going through a 'rebirth' to catapult themselves to the next level. They've learned a lot from past mistakes and the radical changes have been necessary but hard. With the new leadership team, I feel confident they will be able to establish themselves as a best in class employer, evolve the product far past the competition and... become a $100M company.

Cons

Going through change can be difficult but I think most current employees can see that we are on the other side of the "hard part" and will be successful in our ultimate quest for market domination and best in class employer.

WealthEngine2019-03-13

"Super Worthless"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nowhere, OK

I worked at WealthEngine full-time for more than a year

Pros

Just nothing, oh sorry, you will get free snacks

Cons

U can be fired anytime literally anytime. Manager and hr will decide a day before and next day is the judgement day. U will be called and pink slip to you. Bye bye..

Advice to Management

If u continue like this you may cross a century in no. of years but cannot increase your revenue as its very common

WealthEngine2019-04-10

"Trouble Ahead"

Former Employee - Sales in Bethesda, MD

I worked at WealthEngine full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you're looking for something that's close to a metro with decent benefits and are not picky, this is the place for you.

Cons

The recent positive reviews makes me wonder if they are offering incentives for good comments. I keep getting calls from former co-workers who are still at WealthEngine. All of them are miserable and job hunting. My advice: don't take a position here.

Advice to Management

Nope. Didn't like or trust them.

WealthEngine2019-03-04
  9. "was a wonderful company to work for"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bethesda, MD

I worked at WealthEngine full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A good place to learn technologies and about data. Its all about data.

Cons

none I can think of.

WealthEngine2019-01-04

"Enjoying my time at WealthEngine"

I have been working at WealthEngine full-time for less than a year

Pros

Collaborative environment The people are great The right management team in place Transparency Management commitment

Cons

Lack of process in some areas Moving in the right direction but still work to do Agility

Advice to Management

The company has fixed its past challenges and is moving in the right direction. The plan and vision are in place, just keep the eye on the ball and remain laser focused.

WealthEngine2018-12-07