Web Design Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Dana Nevins

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. ""Best Job I've Ever Had""

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Web Design Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From day 1 I felt like part of a family. The people are really the best part of working at Web Shop Manager.

I work as a sales development representative with my direct boss being the CEO, Dana Nevins. He has put in personal time to sit down with me and go over my calls every day for 30-45 mins, giving me feedback on my progress. It is a great environment for learning sales and the whole sales team has really helped me grow in my career. They even paid for me to attend an 8-week intensive sales training and an ongoing weekly 2-hour refresher course that the wholes sales team goes to, so we are all on the same page and working as one cohesive team with a system.

One of the great things about sales at Web Shop Manager is the versatility. I get to do a mix of inbound leads, email sequences, reaching out through social media, exhibiting at trade shows, and cold calls. And then develop a system that works best for me.

Cons

I cannot really think of anything except there is no 401K match, but there is a 401K plan.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Web Shop Manager has been such a great place to work, I love it here! Thank you for being open to feedback and change.

"Great place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in San Diego, CA

Pros

As a new comer of 6 months or so and who started off as a Customer Service Temp, I find the atmosphere of Web Shop Manager is kind, respectful, relatively quiet, and considerate of individual personalities.

It is production and client driven so employees must have the necessary job skills and/or be self-motivated to learn what needs to happen in order for successful results. All aspects of my job- from answering phones to admin projects have required me to ask everyone on staff numerous questions and I have only experienced the utmost of respect and welcoming assistance. It has been a true pleasure to work here. I have learned a lot about current software programs, e-commerce, and the automotive industry. Working in Customer Service, one of the signature aspects of WSM is the individual and detailed attention that WSM gives to its clients. At some point, the entire staff here at WSM will have had a hand in the building and the maintenance of our clients' websites. Consequently, everyone at WSM knows the first names of all the owners and numerous names of their employees.

The management and the entire staff are aware of and understanding of personal and work related needs. Nothing unreasonable has ever been asked of me.

I love the fresh food and snacks in the kitchen. I think it's a community friendly way to engage. The kitchen is not an alternative area but an integrated part of the work place.

Cons

I would love more direct training. it could be me..but building a little cold...

"Getting better year after year"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Web Design Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* You are given every opportunity to advance your career
    * CEO has mentality of how to make you more successful, doesn't point finger
    * Great niche, domination in the automotive industry
    * Websites win awards regularly
    * Weekly fruit and snacks
    * Office in great centralized location
    * All metrics from both sales and production are improving year after year
    * Small office environment makes it easy to communicate

Cons

* Fast paced environment
    * Requires you to be tech-saavy

"Dont waste your time!"

Former Employee - Customer Experience Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at Web Design Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A job until you get a better job...

If you like being gased up but get nowhere, this would be a start.

Cons

Everything... but the most noticeable is FAVORTISM from ceo since this is a close nit start up. Only those "friends" of ceo prior to startup survive longterm, otherwise your disposable. HIGH TURN OVER! Over hires just to fire, complete waste of valuable employee times. No loyalty to good workers, only to those of the ceo's alliance. If you want a job just to get by, give it a try but only as a stepping stone before they fire you for not being able to keep up with being over worked, undertrained and under compensated. This company has no direction, your sold dreams you have to buy to keep a job. Constantly trying to come up with new systems, constant change, judgement from long term employees when theyve only been good at spinning their wheels for years.

They give you the bare minimum but want exemplary results!

Advice to Management

Youve gotten enough compaints to know. Change, get some loyalty to good workers, stop hiring and firing. Start with the basics! Some people are looking for more than just a job but want a career! Dont waste their time...

Jun 15, 2017 – CEO

The sentiments shared in this post have weighed heavily on me these past several months. I consider it my sole responsibility to ensure the health and well being of all employees. It’s a... More

"Must have patience"

I have been working at Web Design Solutions full-time

Pros

Independent work environment, fast paced, management willing to listen to new ideas

Cons

There is a lot of work to do in this company and need to have patience to be able to see it stable.

Advice to Management

Start with the basics and get those stable first.

Mar 3, 2017 – CEO

Thank You for being a valued team member and for your feedback, I really appreciate the time you took because it help us create a better company for the future. I am taking your input very seriously... More

"Overworked, undercomped, abused, burnt out, kicked to the curb"

Pros

Lots of freedom to figure things out on your own and cowboy code whatever you want.

Cons

Pitiful QA. Flimsy brittle systems. Out of date documentation. Clueless abusive micromanaging managers. Coworkers throw you under the bus. High turnover. Huge technical debt. Unrealistic expectations.

Feb 8, 2017 – CEO

I am thankful that you took the time to share your opinion here so that I can reflect on it and think about ways we can improve as a company. As CEO I am committed to creating a productive... More

"Solid Place, Good Potential"

I have been working at Web Design Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company has great potential.
    Talent level is high.
    General attitude is positive.
    Easy office location

Cons

Currently experiencing strong growth. As such, things are fast paced and hectic. Exciting if you like a challenge.

Advice to Management

Stay the course, double down.

Sep 21, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear that your experience is going well.

"Fun and laid back company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Web Design Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Systems are improving every day, especially in terms of robustness, monitoring, and clustering.
    Uses new technology, there is always something new to learn.
    Focused on the customer with awesome dedicated in house support.
    The CEO is genuinely cares and invests a lot of his free time in the company.
    Competitive pay, health benefits, and stock options.
    Fun holiday parties, free lunch every so often (usually during meetings), snacks, and even events like go karts or Dave & Buster's.
    Amazing award winning design staff, always great to see their work.

Cons

Many of my cons have been addressed since working here. There was some growing pains in the past but now the company is much more learn and focused than it ever has been. The CEO no longer manages day to day operations and is instead focused on customers.

Sep 21, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback. Happy Team = Happy Customers!

"Entry Level but no Growth"

Former Employee - Customer Experience Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at Web Design Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company has vision and somewhat of an interest in employee personal development. Fun at times.

Cons

Close nit start up, so no real loyalty to employees other than ones close to CEO. Pay is minimal and not competitive. Lacks sense of direction which directly affects turnover.

Advice to Management

Provide better training and Loyalty to employees.

Sep 21, 2016 – CEO

As the CEO I greatly appreciate your candid feedback and back when I initially read this review I made it my personal priority to look at critically and improve every aspect of how we train and... More

"Getting better every day"

Current Employee - Advisor in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Advisor in San Diego, CA

Pros

About 3 years ago, Dana Nevins, the CEO, recruited me to join his team as an advisor working with the top management team to build systems and policies to grow the company and deliver excellent customer experience. Although it has been challenging at times, we have kept true to our goals and continued to improve. Today Web Shop Manager, the company, is better than ever. I'm proud to be part of the team!

Cons

Competition is tough, but it has made us stronger and more focused on building strong relationships with customers and team members.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve the systems that will build a strong foundation for growing the company. Focus on hiring the best people you can find.