Web Design Solutions Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2020

4.1
Web Design Solutions CEO Dana Nevins (no image)
Dana Nevins
  1. "Great Company, dedicated and caring team, solid carreer choice"

Current Employee - Director of Production in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Web Design Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Progressive group of people Team members are driven and bring their "A" game every day A professional and supportive environment for team and clients Customer success-focused Your contributions matter, and are recognized and rewarded. The company is solid and continues strategic growth. Salaries are fair and consistent with the market for SaaS

Cons

Matching 401K would be nice. Locating qualified talent that possesses the unique skill sets required for some of the roles can be challenging at times. (Automotive AND SaaS)

2. "Good"

4.0
    Current Employee - Web Developer

I have been working at Web Design Solutions full-time

Pros

Good pay rate and benefits

Cons

I can’t think of any

3. "Great people, leadership & product"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Web Design Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Been around for 20 years, very niche product -smart people in every department -Collaboration -Leadership invests in you and is open to suggestions -Company is ingrained in the industry, has big name clients which makes getting new biz easier -fun environment -You get to go to events (any one in the company can go, not just sales!)

Cons

I don't consider these cons but things to consider: -The company is in a growth phase. Things are being phased out, new things being phased in -If you are not familiar with automotive there is a little bit more of a learning curve to speak the language

Continue reading

""Best Job I've Ever Had""

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Web Design Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

From day 1 I felt like part of a family. The people are really the best part of working at Web Shop Manager. I work as a sales development representative with my direct boss being the CEO, Dana Nevins. He has put in personal time to sit down with me and go over my calls every day for 30-45 mins, giving me feedback on my progress. It is a great environment for learning sales and the whole sales team has really helped me grow in my career. They even paid for me to attend an 8-week intensive sales training and an ongoing weekly 2-hour refresher course that the wholes sales team goes to, so we are all on the same page and working as one cohesive team with a system. One of the great things about sales at Web Shop Manager is the versatility. I get to do a mix of inbound leads, email sequences, reaching out through social media, exhibiting at trade shows, and cold calls. And then develop a system that works best for me.

Cons

I cannot really think of anything except there is no 401K match, but there is a 401K plan.

"Great place to work!!!"

Customer Service Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Web Design Solutions

Pros

As a new comer of 6 months or so and who started off as a Customer Service Temp, I find the atmosphere of Web Shop Manager is kind, respectful, relatively quiet, and considerate of individual personalities. It is production and client driven so employees must have the necessary job skills and/or be self-motivated to learn what needs to happen in order for successful results. All aspects of my job- from answering phones to admin projects have required me to ask everyone on staff numerous questions and I have only experienced the utmost of respect and welcoming assistance. It has been a true pleasure to work here. I have learned a lot about current software programs, e-commerce, and the automotive industry. Working in Customer Service, one of the signature aspects of WSM is the individual and detailed attention that WSM gives to its clients. At some point, the entire staff here at WSM will have had a hand in the building and the maintenance of our clients' websites. Consequently, everyone at WSM knows the first names of all the owners and numerous names of their employees. The management and the entire staff are aware of and understanding of personal and work related needs. Nothing unreasonable has ever been asked of me. I love the fresh food and snacks in the kitchen. I think it's a community friendly way to engage. The kitchen is not an alternative area but an integrated part of the work place.

Cons

I would love more direct training. it could be me..but building a little cold...

"Getting better year after year"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Web Design Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

* You are given every opportunity to advance your career * CEO has mentality of how to make you more successful, doesn't point finger * Great niche, domination in the automotive industry * Websites win awards regularly * Weekly fruit and snacks * Office in great centralized location * All metrics from both sales and production are improving year after year * Small office environment makes it easy to communicate

Cons

* Fast paced environment * Requires you to be tech-saavy

"Dont waste your time!"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Experience Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at Web Design Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

A job until you get a better job... If you like being gased up but get nowhere, this would be a start.

Cons

Everything... but the most noticeable is FAVORTISM from ceo since this is a close nit start up. Only those "friends" of ceo prior to startup survive longterm, otherwise your disposable. HIGH TURN OVER! Over hires just to fire, complete waste of valuable employee times. No loyalty to good workers, only to those of the ceo's alliance. If you want a job just to get by, give it a try but only as a stepping stone before they fire you for not being able to keep up with being over worked, undertrained and under compensated. This company has no direction, your sold dreams you have to buy to keep a job. Constantly trying to come up with new systems, constant change, judgement from long term employees when theyve only been good at spinning their wheels for years. They give you the bare minimum but want exemplary results!

June 15, 2017CEO

The sentiments shared in this post have weighed heavily on me these past several months. I consider it my sole responsibility to ensure the health and well being of all employees. It’s a responsibility I have, and always will, take very seriously. Although this was difficult to read, I appreciate the sharing of perceptions by employees, past and present. Having this knowledge allows me the opportunity to rectify the situation and ensure that perceptions such as these do not become reality.

"Must have patience"

I have been working at Web Design Solutions full-time

Pros

Independent work environment, fast paced, management willing to listen to new ideas

Cons

There is a lot of work to do in this company and need to have patience to be able to see it stable.

March 3, 2017CEO

Thank You for being a valued team member and for your feedback, I really appreciate the time you took because it help us create a better company for the future. I am taking your input very seriously to see if there are things we can do differently because it's very clear to me that you care about our future together.

"Overworked, undercomped, abused, burnt out, kicked to the curb"

1.0

I worked at Web Design Solutions

Pros

Lots of freedom to figure things out on your own and cowboy code whatever you want.

Cons

Pitiful QA. Flimsy brittle systems. Out of date documentation. Clueless abusive micromanaging managers. Coworkers throw you under the bus. High turnover. Huge technical debt. Unrealistic expectations.

February 8, 2017CEO

I am thankful that you took the time to share your opinion here so that I can reflect on it and think about ways we can improve as a company. As CEO I am committed to creating a productive, collaborative and enjoyable environment for all of our team members as we continue to grow.

"Solid Place, Good Potential"

I have been working at Web Design Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company has great potential. Talent level is high. General attitude is positive. Easy office location

Cons

Currently experiencing strong growth. As such, things are fast paced and hectic. Exciting if you like a challenge.

September 21, 2016CEO

Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear that your experience is going well.

Found 19 reviews