WebToMed Reviews | Glassdoor

Philip Kujawski

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"WebToMed Employee"

I have been working at WebToMed full-time

Pros

Great to be part of a company that truly cares about their clients. Total focus on succeeding and creating maximum ROI for our medical clients. Totally supportive environment with quality people at all levels. Great place to work and grow.

Cons

Not really a con, however management needs to continue efforts to stretch their comfort zone. Great potential if management continues on its current track of encouraging independent thinking to get the most out of their employees.

Advice to Management

Continue total company commitment to putting the clients first. Potentials are unlimited with continued great leadership.

Oct 28, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you your feedback and all the work you put in. Your feedback is extremely valuable because it helps us improve.

"All they want's my soul, yes I know it!"

I worked at WebToMed full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-I got nothing I want to say to 'em.
    -They got nothing left that I want.
    -All they want's my soul.

Cons

-45 hour work week. This is a hard, fast rule. I had a friend who missed the 45 hour mark by something as low as 15 minutes, and they took it out of pay. However, if you work over the 45 hour mark, they never give you anything for it; so there's nothing motivating you to work anything but exactly 45 hours, the bare minimum.
    -Low pay. They are pathological low-ballers. While my salary was pretty low, I was shocked to find out how low the salaries were of some of my more experienced coworkers. Also sales. If you're a salesperson, your base is unlivable, and the commissions are set up such that you can't make any money.
    -Terrible benefits (whether you can call them benefits is up to you). You get 5 days of PTO for the whole year, and that includes sick days, vacation, everything. So if you get sick, you're basically screwed. Prepare to go a week without pay.
    -Mistreatment of staff. There is certainly an Orwellian vibe going on there. You are a cog and you have to be constantly working at complete efficiency, lest facing termination. They'll follow you to the bathroom, watch over you like overlords. It's weird, and unsettling.

I worked at WebToMed for almost a year, the majority of time during which I was miserable and battled insomnia; spoiler: since working elsewhere, with better working conditions, I have no longer have sleeping issues. Coincidence? They want your soul.

Advice to Management

-Be human. Treat your employees the way you'd like to be treated.
    -Be transparent. It's like I knew two of you, man, the one before and after we shook hands. Are you honest with anyone?

Eventually the karma police will catch up to you and you'll regret the plain awful ways you treated your employees as well as your clients. We're all brothers and sisters in the human race, and we all have people we care about, just like you. If the tables were turned, most humans would not treat you the way you have been treating your employees; the behavior you exercise, the mistreatment of your employees that you perpetuate, creates a toxic environment for every single person involved.

"You can do better..."

Former Employee - Developer
    Former Employee - Developer

I worked at WebToMed full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- There is a ton to learn if you put it in the effort.
    - The team seems open to new ideas and is always working to improve their product. Lots of smart people there.
    - Co-workers all get along well.
    - Good technology .. management definitely knows what they're doing when it comes to IT..
    - Snacks/Drinks
    - Management actually seemed like normal people outside of the office.

Cons

- 45 hour work week is ridiculous.. If I want to put in extra hours because I'm 'passionate' about my work, trust that I'll do it on my own. Terrible work life balance
    - My PTO was cut in half from 10 days to 5 days, months after I started working. Just like that, old contract was void and I was force to sign the new agreement or be terminated.
    - High employee turnover rate.. especially in sales.. Overall, you have the feeling that you could and will be easily replaced.
    - A common thread is that you feel as though you are being watched, or that no one trusts you.. I was once scolded for plugging my phone to charge in my computer.
    - Management is difficult to approach.. although maybe not intentionally, they have a tendency to intimidate others, making it hard to ask questions. Work on your people skills.

Advice to Management

Lose the 45 hour work week, it is exhausting and unproductive. The company is obviously doing something right, when it comes to delivering a solid product, but you really need to focus on the people that make the place successful.

Instead of just denying what previous reviews have claimed, own up to it.. and make improvements. It's no coincidence that everyone is saying the same things.

"Great team and great company."

I have been working at WebToMed full-time

Pros

Growing company that has continued to increase its team as well as its client base. The management is eager to invest in those employees that have desire for success and want to grown with the company. A good variety of projects keeps things interesting and challenges you to learn new skills every day.

Cons

Due to fast growth, there are some growing pains .... but that is expected. With growth, however, comes a lot of opportunity for success ... for all involved.

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing and rewarding those employees that make the difference every day. Continue the growth and hire more talented team members.

Oct 28, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you so much for your dedication, talent and amazing work you put in every day. Our company could not exist without people like you. Kudos to you for being an amazing team player. We're... More

"Great company."

I have been working at WebToMed full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been working in WebToMed (IT department) full time for few years and can't complain.
    If you want to learn new things, you are not afraid of new challenges and work hard, this is the place for you.

- great people to work with
    - hard workers
    - fast growing startup
    - great ambience
    - access to new IT technology
    - great enviroment
    - a variety of projects, you will not be bored
    - flexible hours

Cons

If you can't work hard this is not the place for you.

Oct 28, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

"Fast-paced environment with growth opportunities"

Pros

Working at WebToMed has given me a great deal of relevant job experience in the marketing field, particularly digital marketing. This is a great place to work if you are willing to work hard and are eager to learn. I get to collaborate with a lot of talented people that help motivate me and make coming into work fun. WebToMed is somewhere you can make a big impact if you have innovative ideas and are willing to take the time to see them through.

While I think there are pros and cons to any workplace, some of these reviews are not even factual, and it’s disappointing that these negative opinions outshine all the accomplishments everyone here achieves on a daily basis.

Cons

Since it is a fast-paced environment, you sometimes have to make quick decisions and prioritize your time which can be stressful.

Oct 28, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

"Great place for smart people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at WebToMed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very nice environment, full of smart, easygoing people. Convenient location to get to (at least for me). Also, interesting market to work in - medicine and technology combined. Whether you're working on the production/development side or account/project management side, there's lots to learn. Opportunities to travel and work with C-level, when you're in sales. The company seems to be quickly growing and I enjoy working here. I would recommend WebToMed to anyone, without any hesitation.

Cons

Bring your best effort and pay no attention to some of the negative nonsense here. I've worked here long enough to have known most of those people and why they're no longer here.

Advice to Management

Company outings are always nice. We should have those more often.

Oct 28, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

8. "More than a job... EXCELLENT opportunity!"

I have been working at WebToMed full-time

Pros

I enjoy working with physicians and helping them with marketing their practices online. We provide a wide range of online marketing and website development services. The company offers a great mix of base salary and sales commission. Because many of our services are recurring, you can build up a great residual income, if you put in the work. The company generates a nice amount of inbound leads and you get the opportunity to sell at medical conferences and tradeshows. The quality of our work is really high so we get a good amount of word-of-mouth referrals. Overall, if you’re willing to learn, put in the time and are not afraid of technology, you’ll be very successful here.

Cons

Doctors are very busy so it takes lots of persistence to talk to them. You will have to work hard to build up your recurring business.

9. "Marketing Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at WebToMed full-time

Pros

Tremendous opportunity for growth, relaxed culture, great upper management and hard working people. I've been happily working with the company for the last 6 months and have my experience has been nothing but positive. If you are interested in anything related to the medical field and want to work with with passionate professionals then WebToMed is for you. There is even occasionally red-bull and a kitchen always stocked with snacks.

Cons

As with any work environment, there are are expectations that every employee have to maintain. With that being said there are very few cons to mention, but the few that come to mind is the PTO.

Advice to Management

Perhaps more time for training employees and shadowing opportunities.

"It's a scam."

Former Employee - Sales Consulting in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Consulting in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at WebToMed full-time

Pros

If you like being lied to about your earning potential, and in turn being forced to lie to everyone you speak to on the phone, this is for you.

Cons

My God where do I start. 1) To break down the business model for you: This is like a low-rent boiler-room financial advisor role: You cold call a billion people and get through to no one. Then, when you start worrying about your job, you call the doctors YOU personally know in hopes of actually getting past the gate keeper. Then, once those options are exhausted (see boiler-room reference) you're fired. They then rinse and repeat with new employees.
    2) You're lying to everyone: Not bending the truth, LYING. You lie to the gate keeper and then, if you miraculously get past that person (you won't) you try to scam the doctor.
    3) The lie: You're trying to convince the doctor that the website that you're selling will get him to the top of a Google search. But really, the way SEO works, unless he's got a $100k website, he won't get that, but you're made to promise him it will.
    4) The environment: On the 2nd day of training, during a sales-role-play exercise with management, they fired a guy for asking "aggressive questions." They literally yanked him out of the room and fired him. You're supposed to keep your mouth shut and not ask questions. Bottom line is their product doesn't stand up to scrutiny. You're lied to and you have to lie. Oh, and you have to work 8am to past 6pm, and ironically this place doesn't easily show up on Google Maps when trying to find the place.

Advice to Management

I'm not religious, but they should go to church. Seriously. I have no idea how you sleep at night.

Oct 28, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Aggression, of any kind, will not be tolerated in our workplace and there’s a reason why we had to separate. We wish you best of luck finding a better fit.

We work extremely hard on developing and... More