WebToMed Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Philip Kujawski

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great place for smart people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at WebToMed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very nice environment, full of smart, easygoing people. Convenient location to get to (at least for me). Also, interesting market to work in - medicine and technology combined. Whether you're working on the production/development side or account/project management side, there's lots to learn. Opportunities to travel and work with C-level, when you're in sales. The company seems to be quickly growing and I enjoy working here. I would recommend WebToMed to anyone, without any hesitation.

Cons

Bring your best effort and pay no attention to some of the negative nonsense here. I've worked here long enough to have known most of those people and why they're no longer here.

Advice to Management

Company outings are always nice. We should have those more often.

Oct 28, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you so much for your dedication, talent and amazing work you put in every day. Our company could not exist without people like you. Kudos to you for being an amazing team player. We're... More

2. "Marketing Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at WebToMed full-time

Pros

Tremendous opportunity for growth, relaxed culture, great upper management and hard working people. I've been happily working with the company for the last 6 months and have my experience has been nothing but positive. If you are interested in anything related to the medical field and want to work with with passionate professionals then WebToMed is for you. There is even occasionally red-bull and a kitchen always stocked with snacks.

Cons

As with any work environment, there are are expectations that every employee have to maintain. With that being said there are very few cons to mention, but the few that come to mind is the PTO.

Advice to Management

Perhaps more time for training employees and shadowing opportunities.

"It's a scam."

Former Employee - Sales Consulting in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Consulting in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at WebToMed full-time

Pros

If you like being lied to about your earning potential, and in turn being forced to lie to everyone you speak to on the phone, this is for you.

Cons

My God where do I start. 1) To break down the business model for you: This is like a low-rent boiler-room financial advisor role: You cold call a billion people and get through to no one. Then, when you start worrying about your job, you call the doctors YOU personally know in hopes of actually getting past the gate keeper. Then, once those options are exhausted (see boiler-room reference) you're fired. They then rinse and repeat with new employees.
    2) You're lying to everyone: Not bending the truth, LYING. You lie to the gate keeper and then, if you miraculously get past that person (you won't) you try to scam the doctor.
    3) The lie: You're trying to convince the doctor that the website that you're selling will get him to the top of a Google search. But really, the way SEO works, unless he's got a $100k website, he won't get that, but you're made to promise him it will.
    4) The environment: On the 2nd day of training, during a sales-role-play exercise with management, they fired a guy for asking "aggressive questions." They literally yanked him out of the room and fired him. You're supposed to keep your mouth shut and not ask questions. Bottom line is their product doesn't stand up to scrutiny. You're lied to and you have to lie. Oh, and you have to work 8am to past 6pm, and ironically this place doesn't easily show up on Google Maps when trying to find the place.

Advice to Management

I'm not religious, but they should go to church. Seriously. I have no idea how you sleep at night.

Oct 28, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Aggression, of any kind, will not be tolerated in our workplace and there’s a reason why we had to separate. We wish you best of luck finding a better fit. We work extremely hard on developing and... More

"Good work to do, bad company to work for"

Former Employee - Sales in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at WebToMed full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I truly believe they started with good intentions and got lost along the way. The company does great work and you can learn new things. There probably is real potential for growth long-term and if you are a new grad or entry level employee who doesn't mind significantly compromising their life/work balance for a few years, you might just set yourself up nicely for a new position or at least have some solid experience on your resume. Management consists of experts in their respective fields who are highly knowledgable and good to learn from. Free snacks sometimes, always free coffee, a nice new office and interesting work. Some really great people here too. Good tech in the office. The new office even has a nice balcony. Sometimes free pizza.

Cons

Very Stepford Wives. Everything seems fine on the surface but there exists a tangible yet unspoken cutthroat darkness felt unanimously by all lower level employees. While I feel valued on a personal level, at the end of the day you are just a number. And they treat you that way: Required 45hr week (yet salary not adjusted for extra work), the pay is well below industry average for all career fields and levels, and during contract negotiations management will gang up on you and act like you won't find anything better. They give starting reps 5 days of PTO (total; no sick time) for your first two years. It used to be better, but they actually once brought in a consultant just to announce they slashed the entire development/design team's PTO in half. Sales reps don't accrue additional PTO when they are traveling over weekends at tradeshows FOR the company. Micromanagement is significant. People (sales reps mostly) come and go here like it's a mall. Very two-faced management that will smile in your face as if you can speak openly, and then lecture you about minor issues being huge problems. Pretty sure nobody here feels particularly "valued" or "at home". I know of another employee who was told "we can easily find someone else to sit in your chair and do what you do". The "profit sharing" bonuses are laughable and you are never regularly evaluated or rewarded for your performance unless you beg for it. You sit in your chair and do your job and don't complain or you will be dealt with accordingly.

Advice to Management

You can't treat people terribly and still expect everyone to constantly have a positive attitude and do good work. Put some value in your employees instead of treating them like robots or cattle.

"Lowballers"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at WebToMed full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Progressive product for doctors. Lots of things to learn about online marketing. Can get a lot knowledge about web developing.

Cons

Low ball salary offers & 45 hour work week. If you live in the city, it's a very long commute. Which makes their base salary offer below scale.

Advice to Management

Pay your inside sales reps a better base salary. This is not Europe. You can't expect to pay them well below scale and also expect them work a 45 hour, mandatory work week. That may work in Europe, but not here. I know its a commissioned based sales job, but the demands of the job, expectations and strict structure aren't commiserate with the base salary.

Oct 11, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for your feedback, although it belongs in the Interview Reviews section. You received an offer and tried to negotiate a higher compensation, but unfortunately, we could not accommodate... More

"Confused by the reviews"

I have been working at WebToMed full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great place to work. I never take the time to fill out reviews online as they seem biased. As soon as I saw a few negative posts I wanted to respond. I have been working here for 3 years and could not find anything bad to say about the environment or the people that run the company.

Sure it is very hard work. I am not sure where you can work these days and not expect to put in at least 45 hours. Especially in sales. I make very good money because I work hard.

I can also say that the only people that have been let go in the last three years (5 total while hiring over 20) are because it was they could not do their job or because they did something unethical.

Cons

Having to take time out of my day to stand up for a great company on this site.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Don't listen to the noise or take it personally. Keep supporting the team and keep rewarding those of us work hard for you.

"RUN THE OTHER WAY"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Pros

There are little candies in the break room that are pretty good. You also get to share the misery with your coworkers which brings people together. Most of the former employees are still friends in the same way that survivors of great tragedy often bond together.

Cons

I don't know how they got so many 5 star reviews. Actually, yes I do. The management wrote them. No one I knew while working at WebToMed liked it. A few former employees (and some current ones) refer to WebToMed as "KGB Headquarters". You could cut the tension with a knife. Every week someone disappears, either after losing their job, or working up the courage to quit. I could count on two hands the number of current employees who are trying to leave and would need an extra set of hands to count the people who have either quit or been fired since I left. The management is openly rude to the staff at times. I've seen people mocked and insulted. If you don't keep your head down, start asking questions, or stop working for more than two minutes, it's the beginning of the end for you. Whenever they try to do anything nice it always comes off as being disingenuous. This company is run by bad people. That's it. They're just not good people. They have created a toxic environment that no one wants to work in. Oh, I almost forgot: they lose clients every week. Only take a job here if you absolutely need the money. I know one staff member who was about to accept a job as a delivery driver just to escape this place when, fortunately, he got an offer from another place. That's how bad it is. I encourage you, the reader, to remember this review should you accept a position at WebToMed. Then you can add the fact that you were warned about what's truly going on here when you're kicking yourself for taking the job.

Advice to Management

Shut it down. Shut it all down. For the betterment of mankind, shut it down.

Apr 18, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for your feedback. We understand how the frustration of being let go can compel someone to write a one-sided, biased review. However, the level of false accusations and vitriol in your... More

"excelent company!"

Current Employee - Programmer in Des Plaines, IL
    Current Employee - Programmer in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at WebToMed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything, benefits, pay, employees, office space.

I would not trade this career for anything! Everyone is nice, projects are well thought out and management is great!

Cons

Nothing that I can think of, the worst con I can think of is sometimes there are no free donuts....... YES it is that good to work here!

Jul 17, 2015 – Managing Director

Thank you for your review. WebToMed strives to provide a positive work environment for all employees, and we value your feedback.

"Fun, Rewarding and Lucrative"

I have been working at WebToMed full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This has by far been the best 2+ years of my entire 12 year career in sales. This is a fast growing company. The systems and products that the WebToMed team has developed are incredible. We continue to provide unmatched results for our clients and that is very rewarding.

Cons

Just as in any technology or medical company you need to be able to adjust quickly. If you sit still and become complaisant you will not succeed.

"Fantastic learning experience and exceptional growth"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Des Plaines, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at WebToMed full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well, first of all this is the best experience I ever had. I have been in the web industry for over 15 years and WebToMed must be the best company to work for! Great learning experience, never gets boring, and there's always lots to learn.

Cons

There really aren't any cons!

Jul 17, 2015 – Managing Director

Thank you for your comments. WebToMed is a thriving technology company that continually updates our products to best serve our customers and help them succeed.