WebToMed Reviews | Glassdoor

Philip Kujawski

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"WebToMed Employee"

I have been working at WebToMed full-time

Pros

Great to be part of a company that truly cares about their clients. Total focus on succeeding and creating maximum ROI for our medical clients. Totally supportive environment with quality people at all levels. Great place to work and grow.

Cons

Not really a con, however management needs to continue efforts to stretch their comfort zone. Great potential if management continues on its current track of encouraging independent thinking to get the most out of their employees.

Advice to Management

Continue total company commitment to putting the clients first. Potentials are unlimited with continued great leadership.

Oct 28, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you your feedback and all the work you put in. Your feedback is extremely valuable because it helps us improve.

"You can do better..."

Former Employee - Developer
    Former Employee - Developer

I worked at WebToMed full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- There is a ton to learn if you put it in the effort.
    - The team seems open to new ideas and is always working to improve their product. Lots of smart people there.
    - Co-workers all get along well.
    - Good technology .. management definitely knows what they're doing when it comes to IT..
    - Snacks/Drinks
    - Management actually seemed like normal people outside of the office.

Cons

- 45 hour work week is ridiculous.. If I want to put in extra hours because I'm 'passionate' about my work, trust that I'll do it on my own. Terrible work life balance
    - My PTO was cut in half from 10 days to 5 days, months after I started working. Just like that, old contract was void and I was force to sign the new agreement or be terminated.
    - High employee turnover rate.. especially in sales.. Overall, you have the feeling that you could and will be easily replaced.
    - A common thread is that you feel as though you are being watched, or that no one trusts you.. I was once scolded for plugging my phone to charge in my computer.
    - Management is difficult to approach.. although maybe not intentionally, they have a tendency to intimidate others, making it hard to ask questions. Work on your people skills.

Advice to Management

Lose the 45 hour work week, it is exhausting and unproductive. The company is obviously doing something right, when it comes to delivering a solid product, but you really need to focus on the people that make the place successful.

Instead of just denying what previous reviews have claimed, own up to it.. and make improvements. It's no coincidence that everyone is saying the same things.

"Great team and great company."

I have been working at WebToMed full-time

Pros

Growing company that has continued to increase its team as well as its client base. The management is eager to invest in those employees that have desire for success and want to grown with the company. A good variety of projects keeps things interesting and challenges you to learn new skills every day.

Cons

Due to fast growth, there are some growing pains .... but that is expected. With growth, however, comes a lot of opportunity for success ... for all involved.

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing and rewarding those employees that make the difference every day. Continue the growth and hire more talented team members.

Oct 28, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you so much for your dedication, talent and amazing work you put in every day. Our company could not exist without people like you. Kudos to you for being an amazing team player. We're... More

"Great company."

I have been working at WebToMed full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been working in WebToMed (IT department) full time for few years and can't complain.
    If you want to learn new things, you are not afraid of new challenges and work hard, this is the place for you.

- great people to work with
    - hard workers
    - fast growing startup
    - great ambience
    - access to new IT technology
    - great enviroment
    - a variety of projects, you will not be bored
    - flexible hours

Cons

If you can't work hard this is not the place for you.

Oct 28, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

"Fast-paced environment with growth opportunities"

Pros

Working at WebToMed has given me a great deal of relevant job experience in the marketing field, particularly digital marketing. This is a great place to work if you are willing to work hard and are eager to learn. I get to collaborate with a lot of talented people that help motivate me and make coming into work fun. WebToMed is somewhere you can make a big impact if you have innovative ideas and are willing to take the time to see them through.

While I think there are pros and cons to any workplace, some of these reviews are not even factual, and it’s disappointing that these negative opinions outshine all the accomplishments everyone here achieves on a daily basis.

Cons

Since it is a fast-paced environment, you sometimes have to make quick decisions and prioritize your time which can be stressful.

Oct 28, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

"Great place for smart people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at WebToMed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very nice environment, full of smart, easygoing people. Convenient location to get to (at least for me). Also, interesting market to work in - medicine and technology combined. Whether you're working on the production/development side or account/project management side, there's lots to learn. Opportunities to travel and work with C-level, when you're in sales. The company seems to be quickly growing and I enjoy working here. I would recommend WebToMed to anyone, without any hesitation.

Cons

Bring your best effort and pay no attention to some of the negative nonsense here. I've worked here long enough to have known most of those people and why they're no longer here.

Advice to Management

Company outings are always nice. We should have those more often.

Oct 28, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

7. "More than a job... EXCELLENT opportunity!"

I have been working at WebToMed full-time

Pros

I enjoy working with physicians and helping them with marketing their practices online. We provide a wide range of online marketing and website development services. The company offers a great mix of base salary and sales commission. Because many of our services are recurring, you can build up a great residual income, if you put in the work. The company generates a nice amount of inbound leads and you get the opportunity to sell at medical conferences and tradeshows. The quality of our work is really high so we get a good amount of word-of-mouth referrals. Overall, if you’re willing to learn, put in the time and are not afraid of technology, you’ll be very successful here.

Cons

Doctors are very busy so it takes lots of persistence to talk to them. You will have to work hard to build up your recurring business.

8. "Marketing Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at WebToMed full-time

Pros

Tremendous opportunity for growth, relaxed culture, great upper management and hard working people. I've been happily working with the company for the last 6 months and have my experience has been nothing but positive. If you are interested in anything related to the medical field and want to work with with passionate professionals then WebToMed is for you. There is even occasionally red-bull and a kitchen always stocked with snacks.

Cons

As with any work environment, there are are expectations that every employee have to maintain. With that being said there are very few cons to mention, but the few that come to mind is the PTO.

Advice to Management

Perhaps more time for training employees and shadowing opportunities.

"It's a scam."

Former Employee - Sales Consulting in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Consulting in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at WebToMed full-time

Pros

If you like being lied to about your earning potential, and in turn being forced to lie to everyone you speak to on the phone, this is for you.

Cons

My God where do I start. 1) To break down the business model for you: This is like a low-rent boiler-room financial advisor role: You cold call a billion people and get through to no one. Then, when you start worrying about your job, you call the doctors YOU personally know in hopes of actually getting past the gate keeper. Then, once those options are exhausted (see boiler-room reference) you're fired. They then rinse and repeat with new employees.
    2) You're lying to everyone: Not bending the truth, LYING. You lie to the gate keeper and then, if you miraculously get past that person (you won't) you try to scam the doctor.
    3) The lie: You're trying to convince the doctor that the website that you're selling will get him to the top of a Google search. But really, the way SEO works, unless he's got a $100k website, he won't get that, but you're made to promise him it will.
    4) The environment: On the 2nd day of training, during a sales-role-play exercise with management, they fired a guy for asking "aggressive questions." They literally yanked him out of the room and fired him. You're supposed to keep your mouth shut and not ask questions. Bottom line is their product doesn't stand up to scrutiny. You're lied to and you have to lie. Oh, and you have to work 8am to past 6pm, and ironically this place doesn't easily show up on Google Maps when trying to find the place.

Advice to Management

I'm not religious, but they should go to church. Seriously. I have no idea how you sleep at night.

Oct 28, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Aggression, of any kind, will not be tolerated in our workplace and there’s a reason why we had to separate. We wish you best of luck finding a better fit.

We work extremely hard on developing and... More

"Good work to do, bad company to work for"

Former Employee - Sales in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at WebToMed full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I truly believe they started with good intentions and got lost along the way. The company does great work and you can learn new things. There probably is real potential for growth long-term and if you are a new grad or entry level employee who doesn't mind significantly compromising their life/work balance for a few years, you might just set yourself up nicely for a new position or at least have some solid experience on your resume. Management consists of experts in their respective fields who are highly knowledgable and good to learn from. Free snacks sometimes, always free coffee, a nice new office and interesting work. Some really great people here too. Good tech in the office. The new office even has a nice balcony. Sometimes free pizza.

Cons

Very Stepford Wives. Everything seems fine on the surface but there exists a tangible yet unspoken cutthroat darkness felt unanimously by all lower level employees. While I feel valued on a personal level, at the end of the day you are just a number. And they treat you that way: Required 45hr week (yet salary not adjusted for extra work), the pay is well below industry average for all career fields and levels, and during contract negotiations management will gang up on you and act like you won't find anything better. They give starting reps 5 days of PTO (total; no sick time) for your first two years. It used to be better, but they actually once brought in a consultant just to announce they slashed the entire development/design team's PTO in half. Sales reps don't accrue additional PTO when they are traveling over weekends at tradeshows FOR the company. Micromanagement is significant. People (sales reps mostly) come and go here like it's a mall. Very two-faced management that will smile in your face as if you can speak openly, and then lecture you about minor issues being huge problems. Pretty sure nobody here feels particularly "valued" or "at home". I know of another employee who was told "we can easily find someone else to sit in your chair and do what you do". The "profit sharing" bonuses are laughable and you are never regularly evaluated or rewarded for your performance unless you beg for it. You sit in your chair and do your job and don't complain or you will be dealt with accordingly.

Advice to Management

You can't treat people terribly and still expect everyone to constantly have a positive attitude and do good work. Put some value in your employees instead of treating them like robots or cattle.