WestPoint Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

Greg McRoberts

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "GREAT!"

I worked at WestPoint Financial full-time

Pros

Great team oriented culture to work with. A sales opportunity with unlimited earnings potential. They have a great training program and very competitive products in the financial realm.

Cons

Difficult to maintain consistent revenue because you are on other people's time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. "Financial Representative"

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at WestPoint Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture. Support is there from top to bottom. Income potential is very high while helping people at the same time. The ability to grow both professionally and personally is definitely here. If you want a career not a job, I highly suggest it.

Cons

The start is a little difficult, but after the first 2 weeks it improves. Just like anything

"Financial Services Professional"

I worked at WestPoint Financial part-time

Pros

Great leadership team, provide you with sufficient training.

Cons

Do not have any negatives about WestPoint.

"Financial Advisor"

I have been working at WestPoint Financial full-time

Pros

Nothing to share at this time

Cons

They do financial planning to sell their insurance products

"Great people and support"

I have been working at WestPoint Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and support to get started. You are running your own business but you have support and help from the other people on your team and in your office as you learn.

Cons

Entrepreneurial so you need to be driven and work hard. This career is hard work in the beginning but can be very financially rewarding as you build your business.

6. "Financial Services Professional"

Former Employee - Financial Services Professional in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Financial Services Professional in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at WestPoint Financial full-time

Pros

This company offers good training and a relaxed environment.

Cons

This is a sales position. The interview process makes the position seem like it is one focused on advising and financial counseling when in reality the position involves selling life insurance/investment products to friends and family. It is extremely difficult to make a living just starting out in this type of position. Success in this job relies on friends and family connections.

Advice to Management

Offer some sort of base salary for individuals just starting out in the industry. Implement a less deceptive interviewing system, explain monthly office and E&O charges, address the sales aspect of position, and provide average typical earnings.

"Instant community and making lots $$"

Current Employee - Financial Planner in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Financial Planner in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at WestPoint Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at WPFG for almost 2 years. I started right out of school. The first thing I liked about WPFG is on my first day they (partners, CEO, successful young advisors) take you out to drinks. During cocktails and conversation, I was able to see that the people who worked here knew everyone like family. Through conversation you would hear people talking about upcoming weddings, new babies, weekend plans, etc. The people at WestPoint are not just coworkers, they are friends and are immersed in each others lives.
    The training was great. You learn about products but also how to make your first appointments. They teach you how to communicate with your family members about what you are doing and how to explore the option of doing business with your natural market. They also have successful young advisors tell their “story”. It was really encouraging to hear people who came from less than ideal situations that are making 1 mil a year all because of work ethic…and that they started just where we were. Anyways, I was prepared for training to be a bore but it really just got me fired up to work. They continue training us our first 4 years.
    They place you in a sales group with a sales manager. Their job is to make you successful. Each week (at our weekly meeting) my group sets different challenges and if we are successful we go to breakfast or drinks to celebrate. I often times get texts from my sales manager asking how I am doing on my goals and how he can help me. My sales manager opens his home for different parties and events...He is a place I turn with any questions on a case or if I need encouragement, his office is always open.
    There’s a big group of young advisors and they are really good at work hard play hard mentality. The college to adulting transition can be daunting… because in college you’re surrounded by people your age and once you graduate, you are not. WPFG helped with that. The young advisors naturally hang outside of work and through working here, my “crew” is composed mainly of coworkers or people I met through my coworkers.
    This job is so flexible. I was in 4 weddings last summer and got to take off for all of them. As long as your diligent with your time actually working, sales managers allow you to really do your own thing.
    For the industry, bringing in new clients can be difficult. WPFG wants you to start working with people you know but when that runs out, there’s option. We have an in-house marketing director whose job is to help advisors target and reach out to new markets. She has helped me with reaching to small town families and I have seen a lot of success through it.
    The CEO is super easy to talk and not scary at all. He had the 1st year advisors and interns over to his house and BBQ’d for us. Not only that but he is super accessible. He does a 1st year advisor training once a month where all he does is talk about the challenges you face your first year. He also writes hand written notes when he sees you had a good month.
    Not that $$ is the only reason to work, but I have made more $ than majority of my friends I graduated with and continue to make more and more each year.

Cons

If you do not have a self-drive, you will hate this job. The people who are successful are people who are ok pushing themselves. This is not for the 9-5 worker who wants to check off a to-do list and get paid. I have appointments all over Indiana, I have good months and bad months, but ultimately how much I work controls how well I do. A saying we say often is "If I had known how hard it is, I never would have done it. If I had known how great it can be, I would've started yesterday. If you push yourself, you will love it.

Advice to Management

...Always open to more parties, Cinco de Mayo is coming up??

"Great Firm That Sets You Up For Success"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at WestPoint Financial full-time

Pros

Great work atmosphere, training is top notch, and management is there to help you in any way possible. The industry is tough, however, the interview process lets you know exactly what you're looking into so that you can be prepared to hit the ground running on day one. The trainings and management make sure that you are set up for a long, successful career.

Cons

In my opinion, there aren't any.

"Great Training And Support!"

I have been working at WestPoint Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-They are known for their culture for a reason, great group of people who are more than willing to go out of their way to help the new advisor.
    -Incredible training program, all done in house with successful advisors who are honest about what you need to do to become successful.
    -Great work/life balance, just can't take advantage of it early in your career.
    -The sky is the limit, if you are willing to work and apply the training they provide.

Cons

-It is certainly a tough industry, not for everyone if you don't have the work ethic.
    -It can be scary to take the leap into this industry, but if you follow the path they give you, you can have early success.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Amazing place to work, I am glad to have the opportunity to work here!

10. "Financial Services Professional"

Former Employee - Financial Services Professional
    Former Employee - Financial Services Professional

I worked at WestPoint Financial full-time

Pros

Decent training, fun place to work

Cons

Unless you have a large list of wealthy people that are willing to do business with you it is very hard to make money. All you are doing essentially is calling family and friends to try to get them to buy life insurance. It is straight commission so it is very hard to start out. Turnover is 9-10 or higher. During the hiring process it is very vague on what exactly you will be doing and what you are being hired for.

Advice to Management

Base salary, provide leads, make sure applicants know fully what the position entails before hire.