Window Nation Reviews | Glassdoor

Window Nation Reviews

Updated Oct 8, 2019

4.2
Window Nation CEO Harley Magden (no image)
Harley Magden
Pros
  • "Window Nation was a place that I really grew professionally(in 33 reviews)

• "Great people and great environment(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "This is a VERY fast paced environment(in 9 reviews)

• "I have been in the Home Improvement Industry for 30 years and am proud to be an employee of Window Nation and represent(in 8 reviews)

1. "A Great Job!"

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Fulton, MD

I have been working at Window Nation full-time for more than a year

Pros

There was an inviting environment, great people with great monthly bonuses base don't the leads you set.

Cons

There are many workers so getting vacation time can be tough if you don't ask early enough

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Window Nation2019-10-08
  2. "It all sounds good till you start working there."

I worked at Window Nation

Pros

You might work some overtime but not too much.

Cons

Always having to watch your back from people smiling in your face and talking about you behind your back. Sucks to be around all day, everyday. Some managers are cool, but a lot of them don't know how to be managers.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to go to work and not having to worry about someone stabbing you in the back. Getting results is one thing. Not fixing the things that are really wrong doesn't help anyone, and it doesn't help the company.

Window Nation2019-09-13

September 16, 2019HR Coordinator

You are absolutely correct that the experiences you have described don't help anyone and are not good for the company. It sounds as though you were not comfortable speaking with your managers, and HR's door is always open to employees who need to talk-and hopefully make the company better. All the best in your next journey.

3. "Making Money and having fun doing it"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Window Nation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work environment created by outstanding people and team atmosphere. So many people come here from other companies within our industry because of the culture and the possibilities working at WN affords them. Never been more true that if you work hard and are driven good things will happen to you here. You can make life-changing money (and no this is not a line). Additional perks like Annual company picnics..., Christmas parties, and Presidents Club trips for top sales reps/sales managers. Great benefits, 401k match and most positions have achievable bonus structures.

Cons

Can be hard at certain times of the year on family life but you have to strike while the iron is hot in the busy seasons, there will be times to scale back but for 2-3 months you will have to work VERY hard if you want to achieve big aspirations.

Advice to Management

Continue to ask and listen to your people as you have been doing and the sky will limit for this company. So many positive things to say about the company thanks to great ownership and executive team leading the way.

Window Nation2019-07-08
  4. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Window Nation full-time

Pros

Co-workers and managers are great. Excellent training program.

Cons

Appointment schedules can be tough.

Window Nation2019-06-20

"Horrible experience"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Window Nation full-time for less than a year

Pros

No pros - very rude and “better than” feel

Cons

Rude and judgmental management.

Advice to Management

Take the time to get to know people, stop judging people and talking down to people.

Window Nation2019-07-19

July 22, 2019Senior Director, Human Resources

What you describe is not okay! We want our employees to reach out to HR if ever they experience rude or otherwise uncivil behavior. We take decisive action whenever we get such reports; we investigate then, with leadership, determine the best course of action i.e. coach, discipline, or otherwise guide the relevant parties through to resolution and/or changed behavior. On a separate, but related note, we've not had a Sales departure from our Cherry Hill branch office since October of 2018; please contact us straight away, as I fear you may have indicated the wrong office in error. We'd like to hear from you at the soonest: HR@windownation.com or call directly.

6. "Window Nation Rocks!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Window Nation full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love what I do and enjoy going to work because of the support I receive from my WN family because that is the culture at the Nation.

Cons

None. I have been in the Home Improvement Industry for 30 years and am proud to be an employee of Window Nation and represent. I love my Window Nation Family they definitely take care of there own and care about there employees.

Window Nation2019-06-01

June 17, 2019HR Coordinator

Thanks so much for the kind words! We love hearing what our people value most at The Nation.

7. "Door to door"

Former Employee - Field Marking Agent

I worked at Window Nation part-time for less than a year

Pros

Door to door sales job. Not how I thought it would be

Cons

Great staff, company has pretty solid values overall

Window Nation2019-06-11

June 18, 2019HR Coordinator

Thank you for sharing and giving us a chance to help you explore a career choice.

8. "Best Place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Fulton, MD

I have been working at Window Nation full-time for more than a year

Pros

great atmosphere , fair and reasonable , flexible, consistent , excellent benefits

Cons

cannot think of any

Window Nation2019-04-26

"Awesome growth and opportunity at a fast pace!"

Current Employee - Vice President, Marketing in Fulton, MD

I have been working at Window Nation full-time for less than a year

Pros

My decision to join this team was one of the best career choices I've made. Everything I was told coming is was true - great people, significant growth opportunities - and a speed-of-light pace. This is a rocket ship that you want to be on if you have what it takes. And while leadership drives everyone hard (including themselves), they also listen, which is key to successful growth and a solid workplace culture.

Cons

None for me, but again, you need to not only be ready for the pace, but able to focus and prioritize your world. They don't mess around.

Advice to Management

Keep it up and we all benefit!

Window Nation2019-04-15

"Fast Paced / Demanding / Rewarding Company"

Current Employee - Regional Marketing Manager in Fulton, MD

I have been working at Window Nation full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you like a fast paced work environment that never get's boring than Window Nation is for you. Work hard, earn hard & play hard! Results driven company that rewards it's employees for meeting or exceeding performance goals. Listens to their employees ideas to become a better organization, if it makes sense it will most likely be implemented to better the company and it's employees. Window Nation promotes their... own, so advancement is never out of reach!

Cons

I feel with any company you will have pros & cons. If you are proactive and share your cons to bubble up to management things will take care of themselves. Not all cons are bad, companies that are open to change grow and evolve, Window Nation is that kind of company. If you are the type of person who bring's a problem and does not have an idea or a possible solution than of course that would be looked at as a... con. The person who communicates the problem and brings and idea or a solution to the problem that would be called ownership for growth.

Advice to Management

Speed of the leader = speed of the team, never change this about Window Nation it is what brings like minded people to the organization.

Window Nation2019-04-13

April 23, 2019HR Coordinator

Proactive is the magic word in your review. We are a growing company and that means we also have the room to learn! Being proactive with any issues you have at work and communicating them with our leadership is the best way to make sure we are supporting our people! We are glad to have this attitude on our leadership team.

Found 133 reviews