Wingstop Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Wingstop CEO Charles Morrison
Charles Morrison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free meal when you're on the clock, occasionally someone will tip (in 13 reviews)

• Free food and drinks during breaks (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • un appreciated, too much responsibility for a low pay (in 6 reviews)

• No benefits for full-time team members or even their shift leader (in 6 reviews)

1. "Nice"

Former Employee - Cashier in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Cashier in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Wingstop part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good schedule, the pay was good for part time, work wasn't too bad and the discounts were great.

Cons

Actually no cons it's a pretty good starter job for anyone looking to work part time

Advice to Management

The management was good they were pretty chill people don't really have any comments.

2. "Fast paced, educational."

Current Employee - Shift Lead in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Shift Lead in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Wingstop part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was trained on how to cook food and how tough any game night is in the fast food industry.

Cons

The fifty percent employee discount only applies to 6 and 8 piece boneless combos. People in the food industry don’t get enough credit for what they go through before, during, and after shift.

Advice to Management

Free food is a great motivator

3. "1 person doing the work of 3 expected"

I have been working at Wingstop part-time

Pros

Fast Pace, Free 6pc lunch meal

Cons

Short Staffed, Extremely busy lunch rushes, Sporting events, Lousy Management, Very High Expectations for the pay.

Advice to Management

Work on making the stores you own all functioning at a 110 percent, before stretching yourself thin.

4. "Enjoyed Greatly!"

Current Employee - Line Cook in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Line Cook in Conway, AR

I have been working at Wingstop part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed my time there very much. During my college career it allowed me to study and work at the same time.

Cons

Can be difficult to move from part time to full time depending on your stores situation.

5. "Cashier/Prep"

I worked at Wingstop part-time

Pros

Great times working at Wingstop! The crew was a loving second family, great sense of teamwork, and getting praise for hard work was rewarding. Also seeing your usual frequent flyers stopping by was always nice seeing familiar faces!

Cons

Some times cooks would get frustrated and overwhelmed with cashiers placing orders with wrong flavors or wing styles.

6. "Undermined Cashier, Illegal Acts & Slave Labor"

Former Employee - Cashier in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Irving, TX

I worked at Wingstop full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is no pros. There was free food until they didn't like the cost of their workers being able to eat, so they took that away. Should have realized that would end when I realized they like to have us weigh the garbage at the end of the night to see what we wasted.

Cons

Major nepotism in this company. If you're not of Mexican decent they will make sure you feel as though you are less than. I can say this as a Puerto Rican woman who is very mixed, the racism is alive at there establishments across Texas. To further prove my point, I've heard managers that are supposed to encourage employees and improve the environment, talking about specific employees in the restaurant with words I can only describe as demeaning and degrading to any human. But they think if it is spoken in Spanish people fail to understand the infliction of those same words. If you're friends with the manager though, you do get to come in whenever you please with little to no consequence. Throw up and nap in the fresh cleaned bathroom from the night before dedicated to customers. Not to mention these people getting away with the behavior due to the nepotism, are a cashier just like me. This is unacceptable. I have seen my manager smoking weed in her car and coming to work late drunk with employees she favored. Let them stay clocked in so they get paid even if they are sleeping on the soda boxes in the back. On top all of that enjoy only having only 8-10 minutes to eat and no, it isn't an official break either. Why? Because we are understaffed. Why is that? Probably due to the working conditions and slave pay with no accommodations for your employees. You are expected to not be tired or upset that you are not given your mandatory 2 OSHA breaks for your shift. Making only around $8-$10, and that is only if you're experienced in being a cashier that they will consider that $10 hourly pay. This is okay and still persists why again?

Advice to Management

How about advise to people looking for a job or in need of one : DO NOT SETTLE FOR THIS JOB YOU WILL REGRET IT BELIEVE ME KEEP LOOKING!

7. "Great place!"

Current Employee - Shift Lead in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Shift Lead in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Wingstop full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The food is fantastic, the customers are nice, and the crew members make a great environment to work in!

Cons

You can probably find a better job that requires less work for the same pay, but I like the the store just fine.

8. "Decent"

Former Employee - Cashier/Cook in Stockton, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier/Cook in Stockton, CA

I worked at Wingstop part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pros to this company is only the 20% discount and the free food on breaks . Also the ability to work with a college schedule

Cons

Overworked for low pay, limited hours , badly managed , cheap owners, doesn't care about your health , awful work environment.

9. "A job for highschool student"

Current Employee - Cshier in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Cshier in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Wingstop part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of free time for high school student

Cons

-cannot eat wings during break or lunch

10. "No benefits."

I have been working at Wingstop full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours and pay are really good. Everyone is friendly.

Cons

Its hard taking days off. Everyone is really stingy and careless about the schedule. No benefits for full-time team members or even their shift leader. AC was broken for almost 2 months and no one fixed it.

Advice to Management

Worry more about your crew