deVere Group Reviews

Updated May 17, 2020

3.6
deVere Group CEO Nigel Green
Nigel Green
Pros
  • "The earning potential is second to none(in 36 reviews)

• "It is a job that requires a lot of hard work and effort but the rewards are very tangible(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • "Need dedication and to be a self-motivated individual, so often work long hours (although weekends are always off)(in 64 reviews)

• "The training done in Malta might not be fully applicable to where you end up working, due to different exam boards etc(in 39 reviews)

"Positive"

5.0

I have been working at deVere Group full-time

Pros

Fun atmosphere. High income potential.

Cons

High demand and high stress

deVere Group2017-08-09
  2. "Review"

4.0
    Current Employee - Busineess Development in New York, NY

I have been working at deVere Group full-time

Pros

really nice team with good training programs and seniors help and train juniors a lot

Cons

sometimes the team is not very professional

deVere Group2020-04-05

"Terribble stay awa"

Business Development Manager in Malta, IL

I worked at deVere Group for less than a year

Pros

none really, nrot a great company

Cons

none truly, same as above

deVere Group2019-01-17

"Not a graduate course or a finance role"

Current Employee - Client Associate

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Apply if you want to travel a little but you will burn through your savings to relocate and because they place you on a draw. If you apply you will get through, they take everyone since so many people quit so at least it's an easy process. Some people will make commissions, this could earn you an average amount within the first year. These people are in the minority, a number of factors out of your control will effect it. You will have fun on training, its basically a boozy holiday with a bunch of other 21 year olds. There is no actual training though, we were forced onto the phones to recruit other people for the course.

Cons

This is neither a graduate course nor a finance role. It is entirely sales. You will dredge through LinkedIn to find prospects then cold call 100 of them a day, everyday. There is no personal development, financial training or knowledge. You advise clients to transfer their UK pensions or save. But there is no thought to suitability for clients hence the trouble the firm has been in around the world. Do a quick search for "devere group" then either "fines" or "suspended" or "complaints" before you apply. There is a striking lack of ethics at the company. You will be placed on a draw so you will earn no immediate income apart from in one or two select locations. Even in these locations, salary is below the living salary. You will require significant savings and be prepared to burn through this. There is very little assistance when relocating abroad. They recruit 50 people anticipating many will leave. Including myself, there are 5 people left from my course of about 30. They tell you these people leave because they could not put the hard work in whereas the truth is the work is basic and monotonous. You are essentially a glorified secretary. As an example, some people doing the job were floor fitters back in the UK, which there's nothing wrong with but just don't go expecting a tough graduate course that will develop your financial knowledge. They will actively lie about how much they will pay and what your role in the field will be. Personally, I felt scammed when I arrived in the field. We were not paid the promised amount after the training course and certain expenses we were told would be covered in the field were not covered when we arrived. The salary listed online of up to 40k or 80k is simply a lie. Certain places will give you 27k GBP or lower, then you may get commissions but almost every office you work in has employees on a draw. During the training they scrape your LinkedIn and send recruitment messages to your connections whilst mentioning your name . They ask your permission but you are pushed into doing this. Be aware that moving to a new finance role after is challenging because the company is not viewed very highly by others in the industry. I would never recommend this role to another graduate.

deVere Group2018-08-06

"Coordinator"

2.0

I have been working at deVere Group full-time

Pros

Work with an international team. Good sales training.

Cons

Long hours. Boring work. Poor career advancement opportunities.

deVere Group2018-08-03

"Beware"

I worked at deVere Group

Pros

intensive sales training, but no real organized training

Cons

No real management Everyone is in it for themselves

deVere Group2018-08-21

"Potential to earn"

I worked at deVere Group full-time

Pros

If you hit a few good clients and were able to receive some referrals and continue using that as a business model the returns could be great.

Cons

If you got stuck and had a few bad weeks or months it becomes very hard to get out of the red.

deVere Group2018-04-16

"very challenging but rewarding"

4.0
    Current Employee - Graduate Wealth Advisor in Malta, MT

I have been working at deVere Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The training is the best I've ever gotten The trainers are very knowledgeable and very helpful Very good team spirit great opportunity to travel and make good money

Cons

don't do this program if you aren't willing to work hard. they expect a lot from there staff and you will be expected to give 110% effort from day 1

deVere Group2018-03-01

"client coordinator"

2.0

I have been working at deVere Group

Pros

good group of people that work there for the most part, very competitive and sales oriented. cold calling is the job pretty much

Cons

very long process that takes a long time to close deals, not much central management but more small team driven and competitive culture

deVere Group2016-12-02

"Challenging But Rewarding"

5.0
    Trainee Wealth Advisor in Malta, MT

I have been working at deVere Group

Pros

intensive training - learn a lot in a short time. CEO is very hands on and approachable

Cons

hard work - working 6 days a week on occasion on top of work to do at home and reivsion

deVere Group2016-09-05