eSolutionsFirst Reviews | Glassdoor

eSolutionsFirst Reviews

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Great and Well Established Company"

Current Employee - Recruiter/Human Resources in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Recruiter/Human Resources in Reston, VA

I have been working at eSolutionsFirst full-time (More than a year)

Pros

eSolutionsFirst is a great company that truly cares for their clients and consultants. They are very knowledgeable both in the IT and Financial industry. I have worked for a handful of IT Consulting Companies and to a great degree, by far, I can wholeheartedly say that eSolutionsFirst is very Ethical, Honest, and Fair. The Owner and the employees are easy and pleasant to work with.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!!

2. "Best Prime Vendor for Contracting Jobs in DC Metro"

Current Employee - Contractor in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Contractor in McLean, VA

Pros

If you are in IT contracting, this is the company you should approach if you want to grab a contracting job at some of the Top Employers in DC Metro area.

Cons

I found the staff very cooperative and quick. On-boarding process was quick. Can't think of anything right now which was not pleasant

3. "Not Ready For Prime Time"

Former Employee - IT Specialist in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - IT Specialist in Washington, DC

Pros

Nothing I can think of at this time.

Cons

A founder who is also an HR person who is also an account exec instructed me to send my sensitive PI to her personal device via open email. I had to explain that at this date and age such information should be transmitted only via secure channels. When I came to verify my employment eligibility into what looked like "rent as you need office" she asked me what was the project number her company hired me for? Really? But it was when she announced that the very next day she was going on a cruise and their new employee (to help her, I guess) was coming from India in two weeks time, I stopped taking eSolutionsFirst seriously.

Advice to Management

Good luck!

eSolutionsFirst Response

Aug 15, 2016 – President & CEO

Unfortunately, inaccurate/bad reviews get put in when an employee is not hired or is let go. We have been in the same physical office for the last 10 years. We use a secure portal for all ... More

"Horrible Experience for A Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Reston, VA

Pros

I took this job because I was promised flexibility. The benefits package that I was offered was great and immediate. There's room for growth if the owner can determine if she wants to "...get the right people on the bus, and the wrong people off the bus". In other words, if you're looking to work for company you can build with from the ground up, then this is your company. It's definitely a 'startup' operation (although I can't understand why it would take 5+ years to move from startup phase to growth phase, but oh well).

Cons

This is NOT the place for a seasoned recruiter to hang their hat. Nor is it a place for a beginner either. There's no training for newly hired inbound talent. Their's no IT infrastructure (ATS - TMS) and you can't mine for new talent and work within a developed automated workflow process either because their isn't one. No office phone, no internet, and no computers for workers is NOT A GOOD LOOK for new employees coming in the door the first day, who have made the choice to trust you (and their families) with their income opportunity is not a good first impression to present on anyone. We understand that many people use their own cell phones, and laptops, but this should be communicated in the interviews so potential job candidates have all the information they need to evaluate your job opportunity fairly against all the others they may be considering.

If you're used to, or need to generate hundreds of applicant leads a day, this is NOT the place for you. They still rely on basically email, and their top recruiter boasts of 4 or 5 placements a year (amazingly while still getting a salary).

Advice to Management

Learn about, and adapt a Level 5 management style then decide who you want on the bus, and who shouldn't be on the bus. Get top talent to help grow the business, and let new hires know what you expect from the coming in the door, and give them the training, tools & other resources to do their jobs. As far as job applicants, please don't be afraid to correct simple things on inbound resumes like 'misspellings or punctuation' if it will help the job seekers earn the interview with a corporate or government client. By helping the job seekers, use the recruiters talent and past experiences more effectively, you'll help the business get from a level of 20 billable staff workers, to at least 100 or maybe 200 where you should be. This is just a humble opinion, and I welcome others who have interviewed and worked there to comment on their experiences as we have. The floor is open for comments.

eSolutionsFirst Response

Jan 15, 2015 – President & CEO

We do use an ATS system from bullhorn, and we provide everyone with a company laptop, and internet access at the office. We also reimburse for personal phone and internet usage, when working from ... More

6. "This is a well-developed company that works hard to meet the needs of the employees, consultants, and clients."

Pros

Staff benefits provided include holiday, vacation, and sick days, as well as matching contributions to a 401K plan. Phone allowances are provided. Each employee is provided company PC’s and equipment. One particular benefit is working remotely from home the majority of time. We have company provided quarterly luncheons to meet as a staff to discuss goals, updates, and even personal needs.
    Our consultants have a wide variety of skills and education and range from new college graduates/interns to the senior professionals.
    eSolutionsFirst has also offered summer internships.

Cons

No major cons in relation to my position.