firstStreet Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Mark Gordon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Customer Service Representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colonial Heights, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colonial Heights, VA

I have been working at firstStreet full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is one of the best, if not the best companies that I myself have worked for. It is an internally gratifying job to go along with compensation financially. There is also the added benefit of working with and for great management, co-workers, and customers.

Cons

It was a difficult adjustment in regards to the schedule on the sales floor along with a sales job which I had never worked before.

Advice to Management

Just simply stay the course.

2. "Great company and great opportunity to be successful!"

I have been working at firstStreet full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked at firststreet for over 7 years now and while no job is perfect, I have always enjoyed it. It's challenging but also very rewarding. Managers are always there if you need help and are there to make sure you are staying positive and most importantly, making sure you are selling to make yourself money. There is truly real income potential to make a great living here, as I have done for over 7 years. There is also room for career advancement If you apply yourself and are motivated you can make it a wonderful career. You also get plenty of PTO that they encourage you to use to enjoy times with your friends and family. Very good work/life balance

Cons

Got to work one day during the weekend, but management is also very good to working with you if you need a weekend off. It also gets very busy sometimes which can sometimes be overwhelming, but that's also when you make the most money!

Advice to Management

While managers are always there to help, I would ask management to hold weekly/biweekly meetings with all of their employees so they could get feedback from all of their employees at once so get ideas to better the sales experience

3. "Exciting Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Overflow/Remarketing in Colonial Heights, VA
    Current Employee - Overflow/Remarketing in Colonial Heights, VA

I have been working at firstStreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great management team, good money to start but a clear path to making GREAT money in sight, if you just apply yourself, take time to learn and have a sales oriented/people personality. Excellent benefits that start after only 30 days!

Cons

Can be mentally exhausting at first until you get into a rhythm and work through the training process.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring upbeat, excited reps and keep putting money into marketing to make the call center even more of a success!

4. "Great"

Current Employee - Commissioned Sales Associate in Chester, VA
    Current Employee - Commissioned Sales Associate in Chester, VA

I have been working at firstStreet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Where do I start? When you enjoy coming to work its because of the people you work with! The managers are AMAZING and they work with you to help you BECOME the best sales person you can be! The co-workers are great and friendly. You treat this as if it is your own company! Every call that comes in is a potential sale and its up to YOU to close it! Every day comes with different challenges so you will NEVER get tired of working here! But in my personal opinion and the main reason I stay here (besides the money) are the mangers and co workers... You have to like and enjoy where and whom you work with and at firstStreet you will find that here!

Cons

The biggest downside is you have to work a couple weekends a month. BUT once you get on and stay on they will work with your schedule!

Advice to Management

Continue the positivity because it trickles down to the sales floor!

"Black People Beware"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Colonial Heights, VA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Colonial Heights, VA

I worked at firstStreet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is full-time and provides insurance.

Cons

Non-Professionalism, Racism, Intimidation, Favoritism. Personally experience all of these and more. Management is very comfortable taking "liberties" with interpersonal relationships with employees.

Advice to Management

All of you should be fired

6. "Benefits from the start"

I have been working at firstStreet full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You get most of your benefits right from the start.

Cons

Easy to get stuck without a lot of opportunity for movement.

"The worst job I have ever had."

Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Colonial Heights, VA
    Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Colonial Heights, VA

I worked at firstStreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

if You desperately need a job, are a convicted felon, have zero work experience, have zero goals or hope of ever having a decent job, then this job is for you.

Cons

Hours, management, product, customer service, training, self worth, literally the only thing good about this job is that it provides a paycheck. You work 5 days a week, 4 weekdays and one weekend day. Most hours are 9 hour shifts and go to 10pm or 11pm. You are compensated based on a closing ratio with these poor, elderly prospects who call in. All of the sales reps are rude to the elderly and everyone is trained to only think about getting a credit card number, I watched time after time sales people taking advantage of elderly people who had no idea they were making a purchase (of $600 plus.) Literally out of 6 months working there and taking 1000s of calls, there was only 1 or 2 elderly customers who had a pleasant experience with this company. Firststreet markets only to elderly people, when they call in to inquire, the shark sales people are trained to get their credit card numbers, close the sale and hang up the phone. There is zero customer service. Most associates were drunk or high during work and working here was like being in jail. it was horrible and without a doubt the worst job and worst company I have ever worked for. Zero chance to advance, zero chance for a pay raise. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone unless you are a convicted felon and cannot work anywhere else. I would rather be a janitor or trash man then ever walk back into this place. I am a 30 years old college educated worker.

Advice to Management

Stop ripping off the elderly.

8. "The paychecks clear the bank everytime"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Colonial Heights, VA

I have been working at firstStreet (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits and overall good people in sales

Cons

Tough sale to our customers

Advice to Management

Find another job really fast

9. "Hired as at-home sales professional"

I worked at firstStreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

working at home, nice lunch room, clean rest rooms

Cons

Some really good well-meaning people there, none of them are in the sales dept. however. Seems everyone is working against eachother, inbound sales against outbound sales against customer service sales

Advice to Management

Streamline the organization, quit false advertising

10. "Commissions"

I worked at firstStreet full-time

Pros

Able to make good commissions on newly advertised products

Cons

changes in commission scale or lack of quality calls and being penalized for wrong numbers and customer service call could make huge cut in pay.