KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Fabulous work culture!!

Nov 1, 2021 - PMO Administrator
    Business Outlook

Pros

The most peaceful office one employee can dream of! Hats off to Makepositive's people & cultural team for not only creating the values, also sustaining it for years. I'm glad that I've made the right decision to join this company which has become a family within less than a year of journey. Honestly I took a lot of time to believe that MP's work culture is genuine because I had bitter experiences in my previous organisation. I must say I'm astonished by their way of treating employees. The collaboration with UK team and their way of greeting can easily make you feel valued. Even your smallest contribution is appreciated. The most important part which I want to bring out here that you can reach out anybody at any point of time (even CEO) for any concern and when we get opportunity to express, half of the dissatisfactions/disagreements get sorted. I don't think it's easy in any other organisations. And the people!! like absolutely positive and they carry the company name within themselves. Surroundings do matter the most for changing any person's thought process.

Cons

There is no downside working here. I just hope that we get back to normal life soon and start going to office.

makepositive Response

Woah!! We are so happy to hear about your experience so far. We truly believe a great culture can take the organisation and its people to great heights and help them achieve their goals both professional and personal. We are what we are today because of people like you in the team. Even we miss our team and that hustle bustle in the office. As soon as situation gets better, we will look into opening the office and calling back people to office. Until then, let's make the most of working from home.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company!!!

Mar 6, 2018 - Coaching Specialist in Norcross, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for!! The trainer is just AMAZING, very knowledgeable, collected and selfless. Positive work environment where people feel valued and appreciated.

Cons

N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A

makepositive Response

Head of the India Development Centre

Thank you for your review but it seems this is for a different organisation as we didn't operate in the US at the time and certainly there was no training involved.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent culture

Aug 1, 2022 - Business Development Manager in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, people It is a great place to work

Cons

Nothing relevant to mention at the moment

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work, real family atmosphere

Jul 11, 2022 - Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work, real family atmosphere

Cons

Falling short since the acquisition

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jul 7, 2022 - Digital Marketing Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working environment and great people

Cons

None that I can think of

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Disappointment

Jul 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- You can learn Salesforce from some very talented guys - Canteen is great with loads of alcohol and free snacks - Many ex-makepositive employees were hired by Salesforce - Good behaviour towards NGOs and Charities

Cons

- The company might have a "Hire & Fire" culture at times towards its own employees, especially if these joined recently, but this is also done towards in contractors. In many cases, the weakest links are used as the scapegoats towards lame customers to try pleasing them and bend over backwards. - Long-standing employees who had little to zero social intelligence are prioritised and protected. This occurs even when these were openly offensive towards other members or customers. In multiple times during my stay I saw how these were not reprimanded (with employees crying or left speechless by their words/actions); in general, management always put the blame on the newcomer for raising the problem. The lesson you can get is: if you are skilled or been there since a long time you are always right and you can always get away with it. HR will not take measures. - If you have a very niche skillset, you can easily refuse or question any job that is assigned to you by using various mumbo jumbo. - I experienced a severe lack of empathy when it comes to managers and tendency towards micromanagement alongside toxic behaviours. In many cases, I also felt that all I was doing was wrong (as other reviews have highlighted). Even small wins were crushed by the weight of every small mistake done. This severely undermined my confidence and gave me panic attacks (not exaggerating). As of today, I suffer from a huge impostor syndrome and psychological issues that I am trying to tackle... - The culture might seem open and friendly at first, but things will not last long. Be prepared to play politics. - Company will ask you to constantly leave positive reviews without listening for feedback. It's the happiest place in the world... on paper

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Amazing work culture

Jun 20, 2022 - Consultant in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture, work life balance in IT is a blessing . Bright minds around in a world of Salesforce which strive each individual in organisation level to learn and grow at same time. Additionally permanent remote work (brownie points for this)!

Cons

6 months over, yet to find cons.

8. 5.0

Good Culture, Friendly Enviornment, Learning Opportunities

May 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing Culture - Friendly Peers - Learning Opportunities

Cons

No cons so far, everything is postive!

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

An awful company to work for

Jun 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a very sociable company. They organise plenty of social events and also you can do three volunteering days a year.

Cons

Having read all the five star reviews on glassdoor of this company, I was looking forward to working for them. Sadly my experience of working for makepositive was far from a five star experience. 1) They had an external recruitment consultant who gave me incorrect information during one of my interviews for the role about what the working environment would be. In terms of how many days a week I would be working in the office. If they had given me the correct information I would probably not have not taken the role in the first place. 2) They had an external IT company who failed to resolve any of the issues that I had with my laptop that I raised a ticket for. 3) On more than one occasion I had to repeatedly email the HR department to obtain the requested information from them. 4) Where do I start with my direct manager, except to say that sadly they were awful to work for. Their management style seemed to be to have one-to-one meetings with me that consisted solely of telling me a list of things that I was doing wrong. There was very rarely any positive feedback from them. All this succeeded in doing was drain out of me any confidence that I had built up in doing my role and any enthusiasm I had built up for doing my role. It got to the stage where I almost didn't want to attempt to complete certain tasks, for fear that whatever I did I was going to get told that it was wrong. Now I know you need to be advised when you are doing things wrong, but it needs to be constructive criticism with some advice on how to improve. Not just being told a list of things you were doing wrong. Also you need some positive feedback to go with all the negative feedback. My manager also had a very strange attitude when I was undertaking new tasks. When I was advising them that this was a new task / skill for me, I expected that they would offer me some advice on how to perform this task. Instead they expected me to come to them with a list of suggestions as to how I should try to preform this task. Now I don't expect to be micromanaged and to be told exactly what to do. But I would think that it is the managers job to help train me on new tasks and to not expect me to come up with all the solutions. Maybe I was just unfortunate with who my direct manager was and if I had experienced a different direct manager, my experience would have been better. However judging by the number of other people at the company that I experienced issues with, I think my overall experience would still have been a far from a five star one.

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

If you want it easy and chilled

May 3, 2022 - Implementation Consultant in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, work-life balance, flat structure

Cons

Low pay, sales team running the company, loads of talking about improvements without following through, jobs get samesey and boring after a while, very few extremely smart and ambitious people - employees just generally lack the drive in their daily job

Viewing 1 - 10 of 102 Reviews

makepositive Reviews FAQs

makepositive has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 105 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at makepositive to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 19% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, makepositive employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at makepositive. This rating has improved by 16% over the last 12 months.

85% of makepositive employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated makepositive 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at makepositive to be career development, coworkers, culture and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with makepositive Job Seekers