project44 Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2020

3.8
project44 Founder and CEO  Jett McCandless  (no image)
Jett McCandless
Pros
Cons
  • "Very fast paced but that's expected in a start-up trying to change an industry for the better(in 8 reviews)

• "You should expect to work hard if you want to advance and grow(in 4 reviews)

"Exciting, culture-driven, with a vision for the future"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at project44 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Every team across the organization is filled with hard-working, trustworthy, talented individuals. Everyone is encouraged to share feedback and work collaboratively to achieve our goals. For the sales team, the commission plan is very aggressive and on par with established SaaS companies.

Cons

As with any growth stage company, expectations are extremely high and the pace can be challenging.

March 30, 2020project44

Hello- Collaboration is deeply rooted in the culture at project44, and we couldn't agree more with you. Our teams are rock stars! The continuous energy, hard work, collaboration is infectious. Thank you for sharing your experience. Our teammates demonstrate our core values, obsess over our customers, and each other as we all roll up our sleeves to make sure we don't miss a beat towards our mission and vision (especially in times when the world needs it most). Thank you for being a part of this journey and the value you continue to add!

"The Company of Bullies"

1.0
    Former Employee - Operations in Chicago, IL

I worked at project44 full-time for more than a year

Pros

if you are a woman, a parent, a POC, this company is NOT for you. they practice lots of real talk here. they are very proud of it - a perfect way to bully others. no performance reviews or feedback cycles, meaning white males can do whatever they want.

Cons

churn and burn culture leadership team is hired based on the size of their ego p44 is logistics first and tech second benefit package is laughable they are giving away equity back and forth, meaning it is worth NOTHING

July 28, 2020project44

Thank you so much for your candid feedback. We are sorry to hear that your overall experience with project44 was not a positive one. What you shared here will be taken seriously by our leadership team, and I assure you that this is not the experience we want any p44 team member to have. As a startup, we grow through feedback and collaboration. If you would like to discuss further what we can improve, please feel free to reach out to me directly. Thank you again. – Michelle Mesina, VP of People

"Challenging Work in a Collaborative Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at project44 full-time for less than a year

Pros

project44 is growing quickly in a developing market, and this comes with opportunities to try new things and build new skills. On top of the challenging work, the project44 team is incredible. In a hyper-growth company, the people make all the difference, and I can honestly say these are some of the most hard-working, collaborative, and creative people I have ever worked with.

Cons

Because the company has grown quickly (and still is), there are times when leaders default to the old ways of doing things and it can be difficult to implement change. Additionally, while compensation is good, benefits can be improved.

February 25, 2020project44

“In a hyper-growth company, the people make all the difference…” Thank you for mentioning this! Our teams at project44 are such an instrumental value to the company as a whole; and leadership is extremely proud and grateful for the collaborative, dedication and driven culture our team has built-together. This is Michelle, Mesina, VP of People at project44. With a growing environment and growth internationally, new opportunities rise and making strategic decisions for our growth is important. We understand our teams value more than compensation when it comes to providing an overall positive experience. Everyone is encouraged and empowered to share their suggestions and feedback as we continue to build and improve the journey along the way. Thank you for making an impact daily.

"Great Culture and Smart People"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at project44 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun, collaborative, high energy work environment with great people Hard work gets noticed Inclusive environment

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

January 27, 2020project44

Thank you for sharing your experience working at project44! We value our team, their passionate work ethic, and the high energy they bring to champion our culture here. We appreciate our culture of collaboration, especially as we continue to grow as a global team. Thank you for all that you contribute daily towards that growth of our mission and culture.

"Truly a great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Director Demand Generation in Chicago, IL

I have been working at project44 full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Surrounded by amazing people - we recruit the best. They are extremely talented, empathetic, kind, intelligent and hard working -We have strong product/market fit in a massive market -Culture is great and a huge area of focus at the leadership level. The culture oriented around team collaboration, personal growth and gratitude. There's also a new diversity and inclusion program, career growth plans and a radical candor-style management philosophy -Challenging the status quo is highly encouraged -Our mission is meaningful and you can feel the positive impact of your work

Cons

Nothing notable. Startup culture is often romanticized, but the true grind of an early stage company is often misunderstood. You should expect to work hard if you want to advance and grow. That doesn't mean insane work hours, it just requires good time management skills and a relentless focus on delivering impactful work.

January 6, 2020project44

People are the heartbeat, the foundation, and the energy that keeps our organization (and others) pushing strong. They are the driving force which makes our teams successful, and we are extremely grateful for the talent we have at project44. We couldn't agree more with the mention of delivering impactful work- for our teams, customers, and towards our vision. Our teams are hungry and work hard. We hold each other accountable and also support each other during the journey. That's what makes it fun and exciting. Thank you for sharing your experience and for all you do to contribute towards our growth and culture.

"Fun, fast paced"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at project44 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful culture - great people to work with and I have made many friends. Lots of freedom for engineers (come and go as you please, work from home, etc.) There are many smart people here and we are always using cutting-edge technology, so there is plenty to learn if you are open to it.

Cons

Things move a little too fast - meaning we are selling products that are not built and the engineering ends up being rushed. There are too many projects that need worked on and not enough engineering staff to fulfill.

November 20, 2019project44

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working at project44! Our investment in using cutting edge technology is one we are proud of and we are thrilled to hear it is motivating to you as well. The market is excited about what we are creating here and with that excitement our product roadmap continues to grow in scope. As a recruiting team, we are working every day to continue adding talented engineers to your team and are incredibly grateful for the hard work you put into this company.

"Great foundation for career progression surrounded by passionate colleagues"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at project44 full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people at project44 are truly top notch. It's incredible to feel like you're a part of a community that's in your corner and wants to propel your career, no matter where it may head. project44 has given me an opportunity to work in a tech-driven, beautiful office on the Chicago River with training from the industry's most experienced people. Seniority feels absent as the executives sit beside the college graduates. Although untraditional, this facilitates fast onboarding for those green to the industry and allows further connection between disparate positions. The company is moving fast, growing fast, and changing fast. project44 is inclusive and strives to give their employees a true work/life balance. Work Hard, Play Hard driven by people who want to progress through their career.

Cons

A fast-paced, high expectancy culture is not for everyone. Say/Do ratio is 1:1 at project44

November 7, 2019project44

Passionate teams is a true foundation of what makes our culture and company grow. Having autonomy, accountability, and collaborating in a fast-paced start up is not for everyone, and that's ok! Success is in the eye of the beholder. You said it best, the support, collaboration, and driven teams that embody our project44 culture is a truly beautiful opportunity to be a part of. As we continue to grow and welcome new talent, it's messages such as this that we will need to stop, reflect, and continue to be mindful for continuous support through our journey! Thank you for sharing your experience and being a culture contributor at project44.

"Evolving, Fast-Paced Environment"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at project44 full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Fast growing, innovative company riding strong industry tailwinds - Industry leader - Accessible management team - Frequent 'town hall' meetings with informative company updates

Cons

- Very much still a startup in a lot of senses, so there can be a lot of ambiguity and lack of structure in certain areas - No 401(k) match

November 7, 2019project44

Really appreciate your time for sharing your experience working here at project44! To your point, we are evolving fast and with that there are continuous opportunities that are ahead- all to recognize our awesome teams here and their contributions towards that innovative growth. Excited to have you a part of the team towards this journey in lined with our overall mission towards our vision.

"Smart people. fulfilling work. New technologies"

4.0
    Current Employee - Engineering in Chicago, IL

I have been working at project44 full-time for less than a year

Pros

- p44 hires really smart engineers. We all know of those companies that hire really strong engineers; project44 is certainly among them. - New technologies: Cloud agnostic environment, latest in big data technologies. - Nice office & equipment. Choose your computer preference during on-boarding. Motorized standing / sitting desks. Nice office with a lot of free snacks and ping pong table (because all software companies need a ping pong table). Located in the Merch Mart is nice too. - Solving challenging problems that effect the global supply chain. - Positive on-boarding experience - week long on boarding where you meet and listen to leaders throughout the company you otherwise wouldn't work with.

Cons

- project44 isn't a place where you receive an easy 9-5 paycheck. Leadership was transparent about that. It's hard work and we have to move really quick. Some people like that environment while others might not enjoy the pressure. - There's no formal work from home policy. Being a newer (smaller company than previous I've worked at) there's more value in working in the office 5 days a week. Once again, some people may like or dislike that.

September 30, 2019project44

There is nothing more important to project44’s success than the people who work here and we are incredibly proud of the team we have built! Each and every day we strive to create a world class company where the smartest people in the industry can collaborate together and solve some of the most challenging problems in logistics. Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we are pleased to hear your experience at project44 has been positive.

"Great vision, great opportunity"

Current Employee - Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at project44 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Salary, Bonus, Stock Options, Great Office Space and Perks Very bright and motivated teammates and leadership CEO is a visionary Career progression opportunity is fantastic as the company is extremely high-growth Meaningful focus on building more diversity in the company

Cons

The company has very high growth expectations, so individual accountability and expectations are high (this can also be a "pro" for many motivated employees) This is a roll-up-your-sleeves & get-it-done type of place (if you are looking to punch the clock somewhere, this is not for you)

September 30, 2019project44

Thank you for sharing your experience working here at project44! We are in a unique position in the market that truly makes this a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Your post brought me to reflect about how much we have changed over the past few years. It wasn’t long ago we were a 10 person company where town halls could be held around the ping pong table. Today we are a global company with over 225 incredible employees and we are just getting started! As we continue this journey we will keep your advice top of mind and are excited for you to be part of the team.

Found 51 reviews