KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

90% Recommend to a Friend
100% Approve of CEO

Found 35 of over 46 reviews

4.7
quantilope CEO Peter Aschmoneit (no image)
Peter Aschmoneit

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "culture is amazing(in 7 reviews)
  • "The team is amazing as well and the company makes sure that there are regular team events, be it the beers on the rooftop of the office every Friday, volunteering or a boat cruise, there´s always something happening.(in 6 reviews)
  • "The management fosters an open and constant feedback culture(in 5 reviews)
  • "Leadership is committed to fostering an environment where employees can learn directly from experienced professionals in market research, and succeed in their respective roles.(in 5 reviews)
  • "The leadership team is great and empowers their employees as best as possible.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing culture, innovation and solutions

Apr 26, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

People, culture, innovation, and solutions.

Cons

Not that I have encountered yet.

Head of People & Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We are very happy that you have appreciated your time at quantilope!

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Environment for Foundational Research Experience or Those Wanting to Coast / Chill in their Research Career

May 20, 2022 - Research Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Seamless onboarding - You get a solid month to focus on learning methodologies and the technology without the stress and impact of client work. The onboarding process is one of the best I've ever seen, especially compared to more established companies. Exposure to a variety of research methods and client - This is absolutely a great place to get super comfortable and equipped with a variety of research methodologies and client management opportunities earlier in your career than a standard research agency. Work / life balance can happen with the support of a great manager / team lead - your manager’s ability to lead, delegate, and manage client expectations and relationships will largely define your experience with work / life balance. Some managers are willing to do the work alongside you and others not so much. In the interview process, I encourage you to gain insight into who your manager is and what their style is around those scenarios so that you can prevent yourself the stress of 12+ hour days for multiple weeks. Management has low expectations of junior staff (RCs and JRCs) on the CS Team - Your bonus structure is mainly defined by how happy you keep your clients. There's no major incentive on the CS team beyond keeping clients happy, unlike other CS teams in tech where you're incentivized to upsell and cross-sell, so that certainly provides an easy M.O. for job security. If you are a high performer, you can expect a raise between 5-7%, with 7% being defined as “the upper echelon” of raises so there's really no incentive to go above and beyond that. This makes it an easy job to coast in if that's your goal and desire at this point in your career. Supportive of those with families - If you have a child or family, the environment is very flexible in its ability to support and nurture that. There is a great maternity/paternity leave plan. Ability to work remotely - The ability to work remote is a competitive advantage, especially for those who come from a traditional corporate job, it really does add value. This can also be done abroad. Ability to transfer to other offices - we have offices in NYC, London, Germany, Lithuania, and now Denver. The ability to transfer offices or visit offices to work out of remotely is very easy and straightforward.

Cons

Company growth has declined / slowed down - Things were perfect up until the end of 2021, but since then, things have been uncertain as quantilope tries to make sense of its identity as an insights tech business and reconcile that. In recent days, this is the most turnover I've seen and morale is lower than it was in early 2021. Altogether, it's unfortunate that there's just not the same level of transparency around these things as there was when I joined. To be fair, the competitive landscape is changing rapidly and it can be a challenge to understand where we truly stand in such a new space. But recently, the company has been selling licenses that are not a good fit for the business to maintain the revenue and this has created issues for those on the CS team who experience the most from that backlash and the bad sells. Company’s budget constraints may be a barrier for your personal career growth and trajectory - budget constraints and a need for new roles may define your ability to move up, which is fair and understandable. But I do believe that this message is not clearly communicated when interviewing with the company and having regular L&D talks about your career prospects. Culture has changed, probably and mostly due to changing leaders and their styles - When I first joined the culture was one that resembled what I'd 100% call a 'Purpose' or 'Enjoyment' Culture, where it felt extremely compassionate, open-minded and united around making the company better with people you actually like. Now it's starting to feel like a standard American corporate culture. One event that really triggered this shift was when the company announced they were firing an entire department and then also promoting all of the senior leaders - all in the same breath. It was a bit distasteful and odd and there seemed to be a disconnect in the way junior staff perceived it compared to more senior staff. Other people outside of the CS team refer to the CS team as the most “disrespected” department in the company - apart from the employees on the CS team, multiple members of other teams also recognize the CS team as undervalued and not fairly recognized for their impact. Many people on the CS team look outside of the CS team or, recently, outside of the company to grow their careers and establish a more favorable brand. Leaders may not be open to transparency or feedback - Senior leaders may not receive or act upon your transparency or feedback and on occasion may believe you are trying to be "combative" when sharing your genuine concerns (especially ones out of your control) that you believe deserve their attention. There's a silent culture on the team where people are extremely frustrated, but many are afraid to speak up because of the ways in which they've made examples out of those who do speak up. Cross-functional partnerships aren't optimal or efficient yet - CS Team is expected to partner with other teams that are still learning how to operate efficiently or even effectively, which adds load and burden to the work (i.e. Sales selling bad deals, Client Development not maintaining client relationships until it's renewal time, etc.). And because of the challenge with speaking up, these things can be a challenge to resolve or bring attention to. Internal Panel Manager can be nonexistent when actual help is needed - He will literally ignore your messages for several days, even with persistent follow up - all without explanation, and while there are dire issues regarding projects and fielding. This is an absolutely a barrier to being efficient in your job on the CS team.

5 people found this review helpful

Head of People & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to write this thoughtful review– we truly appreciate the time spent to provide feedback. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed our onboarding process– we’ve put a lot of effort into creating a well-rounded process and continue to prioritize this over time with our new Learning and Development team and resources like an LMS this year. We hope this continues to support your ability to grow and develop as a researcher within the organization. Communicating early and often with your manager is important as well– these relationships are crucial to your success and happiness on the job. If you are displeased with the support you receive, that you can openly discuss it with your manager, and if not, a superior or member of the P&C team. We understand that there are times when longer hours may be useful to complete projects and do our best to offer as much support as possible to avoid long days. When additional hours are needed, we encourage additional time off in return. This is something we can continue to train and encourage our managers to uphold as leaders in the organization. As we develop our growing startup, we will continue to look at our compensation packages. Currently, our raises are aligned or on the high end of average raises in New York City. We also recently revamped our raise and promotion policy after noticing how quickly some of our team members have grown in their respective roles. We are also excited to have just opened up 2 new mid-management roles on the CS team to create additional opportunities for our team members to grow their skills and compensation. We look forward to seeing how this supports the greater team and expect to be agile as any additional changes or opportunities can be developed. We’re excited that you appreciate our flexible working policies including 16 weeks parental leave, 6 weeks of remote work, and unlimited PTO. This has afforded many team members to work from countries all around the world, including locations where we have other quantilope offices– we always love when international colleagues are able to meet! We’re sorry to hear that you feel company growth has declined. As we continue to develop company goals and strategies as a startup, some changes needed to be made for what we believe to be in the best interest of the company as a whole. This is why we restructured our business to veer more global and unfortunately that did result in some team members choosing to leave as well as the need to let some team members go. This was a very difficult and thoughtful decision that was meant to best support the overall health of the company. We understand that you weren’t able to grow at quantilope the way you hoped and acknowledge the significance the interview process has on your experience at a company. We take this process seriously and work diligently to ensure information provided during interviews is aligned with the experience of our team members. We always want to maintain a positive culture at quantilope, where employees feel they are supported while working towards a common purpose. In order to stay in tune with our culture, we ran our first Engagement survey this past January (which will run bi-annually) and are now working on actionable steps to respond to the feedback. One example, was to provide regular insight into company finances and goals which we’ve incorporated into our Company Coffees. We hope these surveys paired with regular open feedback allows us to stay connected with the culture our team is excited about! We are sorry to hear that the CS team has been disrespected in any way. This is not how we want our teams to be seen and absolutely value all of the work the CS team does every day. Additionally, we have been working with the Client Development team to bridge a more fruitful relationship and are keeping an eye on other cross-functinoal partnerships as well. Thank you again for your feedback and attention here.

3. 5.0

Best work environment ever

Mar 14, 2022 - Sales Development Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance No micromanagement Competitive salary and PTO

Cons

There are no major negatives

Head of People & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are so glad to hear that you have experienced great work-life balance during your time at quantilope– when we rolled out our unlimited PTO policy at the end of last year, we were hoping this would continue to support this balance. We are also glad to hear that you haven’t experienced any micromanagement. With one of our values being Empowered– we trust our employees to work in the ways that suit them best. Thank you again for the feedback and please always feel free to share other comments, questions, or concerns with your manager or the People and Culture team.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great great people - still could have better communication

Mar 10, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful people to work for. Human. Really invested in the employees.

Cons

More training for outbound! Some of the sales decisions don't seem to be discussed, just mandates from above. Wish there was more cross-team collaboration, at times.

Head of People & Culture

Thank you for leaving us a review– we appreciate the time you took to provide feedback! We are glad to hear that you enjoy working with the people at quantilope and that you feel we are investing in you as an employee– that is extremely important to us as an employer. We also appreciate your suggestion about providing more outbound training. As we continue to develop and prioritize our training and onboarding, this is something we will take a closer look at growing. Additionally, we hear your concerns about decision-making and cross-team collaboration. As a company that always strives to own our value of Openness, we want to remain transparent and present information to the greater team as quickly as possible. We hope new structures like our company strategy updates in our Company Coffees will help to keep everyone included and working together as much as possible. Please always reach out to your manager or People and Culture with any further questions, comments or concerns.

5. 5.0

Positive, Career Changing Company

Nov 22, 2021 - Research Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture, salary, working style (automation), people overall

Cons

There are no major cons

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Three weeks in, and I have never been happier!

Nov 3, 2021 - Talent Acquisition Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great work-life balance -Supportive work environment -Efficient onboarding -Love the culture (everyone is easy to talk to) - Love the new office

Cons

N.A. currently, will update if anything changes

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Welcoming and engaging growth atmosphere

Aug 22, 2021 - People and Culture Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

quantilope stresses our CODE values and we mean it. These aren't values you just hear about in your interview, but instead, you witness them throughout your employment. I've never received so many welcoming LinkedIn messages prior to starting a role or welcome notes on my first day. There is always room to try new things and collaborate with teammates. Want to start a new process or have an idea? The team is all ears and supportive along the way.

Cons

quantilope is a startup! If change isn't your thing, this company may not be the place for you. If you like to be on your toes, you'll totally flourish.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Amazing company

Aug 16, 2021 - Sales in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

rapid growth, so much more for the opportunity and great leadership team and the product is phenomenal.

Cons

no cons, the company is great, the culture is great and so much support.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Sales Development Representative

Jul 2, 2021 - Sales Development Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything here is great, no complaints

Cons

Some small things that come with a startup

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Supportive team with great culture

Feb 17, 2021 - People and Culture Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined this team in the remote environment and was incredibly impressed by the sophistication of the onboarding, training, and feedback systems that are already in place. Typically at a start-up of a similar size, these systems are in the early brainstorming stage, but here they are in full swing. Due to the challenges that all companies face in the remote environment, it is important that you use the systems and tools that have been created. If you are able to do this and participate in our feedback culture you will be very successful here!

Cons

Growing team size means that making personal connections to team members becomes something that you have to actively participate in. This is a challenge of any growing company, but it is particularly difficult in the remote environment. As the people and culture manager I have started scheduling virtual team events, lunches, and opportunities to connect with team members to remedy this.

2 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Reviews
</>Embed

quantilope Reviews FAQs

quantilope has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 46 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at quantilope to a friend and 88% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, quantilope employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at quantilope. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

90% of quantilope employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated quantilope 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at quantilope to be management, career development, senior leadership and the cons to be benefits .

Popular Careers with quantilope Job Seekers