riskmethods Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at riskmethods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is very transparent about the company. Good internal communication. They hire good people and trust them to do their jobs well. Not much micromanaging going on.

Cons

Although the product is very cool, product development doesn't seem to innovate very quickly.

Advice to Management

Push on product development more.

"Organization is a mess"

I worked at riskmethods full-time

Pros

Colleagues, depending on department
    Boston location

Cons

riskmethods claims to be a startup, but it isn't. At least not what most of us in the US consider a B2B startup with the typical fun and collaborative culture. If that's what you're looking for, you will not find it at this company.

Also, most reviews on here are from employees at their HQ and not from their US office. Please keep that in mind because they're very different atmospheres.

The culture overall at riskmethods is very male-dominated with the majority of employees knowing each other from previous companies. Inappropriate comments are made on a daily basis, most of leadership talks badly about one another to employees, and it's an uncomfortable environment. One where you feel you're constantly walking on eggshells because you never know what mood the leaders are going to be in that day and you're not trusted to make decisions you were hired to make.

The biggest cons at riskmethods are its lack of leadership and lack of product innovation in the market. What this solution can do is not worth what they are charging for, there's no added value. Germany dictates the majority of what the US can or can't do, and there is no autonomy at all. No one is on the same page and tasks are often redone numerous times because of this.

All of the leaders have worked together previously, so it's all of the founders' friends in leadership positions. They do not have the experience or emotional awareness to be in these roles and it's detrimental to the company. I highly advise for professionals in Boston, women especially, to stay away from this company.

Advice to Management

Create a brand new leadership team. If the amount of people leaving this year doesn't tell you that, that's a problem.

riskmethods Response

Dec 10, 2018 – Talent Operations Manager

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I’m sorry that your time with riskmethods was not entirely positive. We strive to foster an environment of inclusivity and equality and do not want any... More

"Don't waste your time"

I worked at riskmethods full-time

Pros

Good office location in Boston. Flexible work/life balance and opportunities to work from home.

Cons

This place is run by a good old boys club made up of a bunch of nerds that have managed to see a little bit of success in their supply chain careers and love to tell you about it whenever possible. The culture borders on inappropriate with constant comments being made by upper level management and a general creepiness that is felt by all female employees. Not to mention "Risky", the riskmethods mascot that is a female employee dressed in tight spandex and a helmet.

There is no professional development opportunities within the company and very little chance to move up to new or higher positions. Orders come down from the German side of the house and North America is left without support or autonomy to make their own decisions.

Despite claims and recruiting tactics, this isn't a "tech" company and will not offer the culture that you're looking for with that label. While SaaS based, the product itself does little more than map out lines on a GoogleMap and show you information that you could find yourself by watching the news.

Advice to Management

See above.

riskmethods Response

Dec 10, 2018 – Talent Operations Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. Even though it was not the positive news we hope for, you shared some valuable information that will be reviewed and acted on.

riskmethods... More

4. "Sales"

I have been working at riskmethods full-time

Pros

Great product in a growing market

Cons

I have no cons to report

5. "Great organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at riskmethods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Joining riskmethods was an excellent decision. The freedom to implement new ideas is very empowering as an employee. Management is very active, involved, supportive, and transparent. The team is fun and hard working. Everyone is on the same page and working towards growing a successful and employee friendly company.

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment.

Advice to Management

Continue to strive for excellence.

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at riskmethods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fast growing company with a great leadership team and coworkers who make it fun to go to work every single day.
    - The work environment is supportive and engaging for personal development.
    - The leadership team in the US and from Munich headquarters are focused on employee satisfaction and is proud about their high employee retention rate of >96% .
    - The office is located in the heart of Boston and easy to reach from all directions via public transportation.

Cons

We are shuffling around the office quite frequently as we outgrow our space frequently.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you are doing...

"Awesome place to work!"

I worked at riskmethods full-time

Pros

Great Atmosphere, very inclusive co-workers, and incredibly down to earth and open door minded management.

Cons

Not so much as Con, but if you are somebody who isn't ready to get their hands dirty and often time have to work outside of your regular duties, then this might not be the company for you.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Founder in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Founder in Boston, MA

I have been working at riskmethods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Our leadership encourages employees to think different and innovate to succeed even on non-traditional paths. Great to be founder of riskmethods and having established a management team that not only listens to our team members but also consider team-inputs having an impact on decisions. Our customer-statisfaction is extremely high (we have industry leading 2-digit negative churn rates!) and customers are strong advocates in the market: it´s a positive setting if your are in a CSM role and face customers every day (allows to support their journey in maturity and not managing complaints all the day), marketing roles (you get customer approvals for collaterals, webinar participations etc. without begging) and sales & sales development (I think it´s self-explaining how nice it is having a sexy product with strong demand and plenty of customer references to leverage). Many management or teamlead positions are held by employees that were promoted - this shows the job opportunities in a growing company. The office space in the US is awesome: great kitchen with full (free) catering services, a good gym inside the building and plenty of included offerings (yoga, running,...) and finally a nice view on Boston from floor 18.

Cons

If you expect to work in an environement where every process, role, organizational set-up is already built-out - better step back. We have set professional processes, organization design and leverage state-of-the-art tools but always open for better "stuff" to establish and adapt quickly. The office space needs to be expanded due to the strong growth, but management is already checking out additional space on same floor of the current building.

Advice to Management

Keep this culture that creates a strong team that wins together. Focus on keeping high level of expertise and wonderful team spirit and success-awarding culture while growing the team and management.

9. "Business Development"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at riskmethods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership has so much experience in the field and is always willing to take time to share knowledge to all employees
    Great work-life balance
    Leadership has high expectations for everyone and will do anything to help achieve those goals

Cons

The office can get a little noisy and distracting, but that makes it fun and collaborative!

Advice to Management

Keep growing and don't lose sight of the goals!

10. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at riskmethods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great outlook
    - Great product that customers love
    - Great culture
    - Very experienced management team
    - Work environment: enthusiastic, teamwork oriented, supportive, and friendly
    - Work-life balance

Cons

The office gets cold sometimes, and we can't control the temperature ourselves.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work!