Cover image for test IO

89% Recommend to a Friend
97% Approve of CEO

Found 62 of over 207 reviews

4.2
test IO CEO Philip Soffer (no image)
Philip Soffer

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "great team and remote work(in 9 reviews)
  • "There are 24/7 testers and TL on support team by using Discord channel dedicated to all testers.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Transparency in all the processes, awesome Support, really nice environment and clear rules, amazing colleagues, easy communication, the right people in the right positions.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Since it was acquired by EPAM System they have a Great leadership, Great Culture, Fun test cycle's.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay out(in 9 reviews)
  • "They reject all your valid defects to save their money and cheat freelancers(in 4 reviews)
  • "6. Management takes too much time to implement tester feature requests(in 3 reviews)
  • "Somehow payment is low.(in 2 reviews)
      Aug 22, 2023
      Sales Representative
      Former Employee, less than 1 year
      Business Outlook

Pros

- fun team - challenging but obtainable goals

Cons

- was a bit hectic in the office

Sep 11, 2023
        QA Analyst
        Business Outlook

Pros

Make your own schedule, select your jobs

Cons

Hard to make money, hard to get testing spots

2. Join the test IO team
        See Our Latest Jobs
          Apr 5, 2023
          Test Engineer
          Business Outlook

Pros

Sharing something nice. Something positive

Cons

No downsides or negative stuff

Jun 4, 2022
            Software Quality Analyst
            Former Employee, more than 1 year
            San Francisco, CA
            Business Outlook

Pros

It was a great place to work, with very good benefits, a great team with extremely talented and bright individuals who were always team players.

Cons

Long working hours, highly competitive, things are always moving and new products/features are always being rolled out so its tough to stay on top of everything going on, strict working policy,

May 11, 2022
              Sales Development Representative (SDR)
              Business Outlook

Pros

great team and remote work

Cons

needs better training structure for new hires

Sep 14, 2021
                Current Employee, less than 1 year
                Business Outlook

Pros

Many tasks, No other advantages

Cons

Open the need to rush to raise the BUG, ​​ready to be rejected at any time

Aug 16, 2017
                  Current Employee, more than 1 year
                  San Francisco, CA
                  Business Outlook

Pros

Multinational company, with offices in SF and Berlin. Strong leadership that keeps everyone focused, with accessible founders who are known industry experts, as well as a veteran Silicon Valley CEO. Growing really fast, in a largely untapped industry. Ownership mentality. You want it, you take it on, you own it. Still at the size where you can make substantial, meaningful contributions that are felt throughout the org. Success not bounded by title. Excellent compensation, and visibility for career advancement

Cons

High visibility for low performers

Dec 26, 2019
                    Former Employee, less than 1 year
                    Oakland, CA
                    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at test IO work together as family. Each one has your best interests at heart and understands that collaborating together is the best way to optimize learning and performing. All the perks you could ask for from a hot tech company: Lunches, PTO, Benefits, Geer, Laptop, Gym Membership

Cons

The industry space is particular, so I would suggest thinking thoroughly about whether you can develop an interest or passion for Software Development/QA if you want to completely buy-in.

Aug 25, 2017
                      Sales Development Representative
                      Current Employee, less than 1 year
                      Berkeley, CA
                      Business Outlook

Pros

Very transparent interview process Genuine team and company culture Berlin based company Really amazing CEO which creates a great company culture. Phil is awesome! Our head of sales (Max) is also incredibly easy to work with and knows how to run a sales beast.

Cons

I wouldn't say there are any cons to this company. They try their best, things are constantly changing and moving fast. Part of the start up life!

Jan 9, 2019
                        Content Marketer
                        Current Employee, more than 1 year
                        Oakland, CA
                        Business Outlook

Pros

- incredible team that allows for cross-functional collaboration and communication - position autonomy with continually increasing responsibility and purview - opportunity to travel, both domestically and internationally - balanced work schedule 90% of the time - excellent company transparency from the top down

Cons

- small team calls for quick and gutsy approaches to new challenges, which can be challenging - commute

Viewing 1 - 10 of 62 Reviews
                      </>Embed

test IO Reviews FAQs

test IO has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 207 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at test IO to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 15% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, test IO employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at test IO. This rating has improved by 36% over the last 12 months.

89% of test IO employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated test IO 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at test IO to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be management .

Want the inside scoop on your own company?

Join your Company Bowl™ for anonymous work chats.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

RFP Coordinator

I have a 5 year gap in my work history due to an illness. How do I explain this? I can't lie, SSD is on my background check as a previous employer. I am on it and looking to re-enter the job market and get off of it, but I understand it is a reason for employers to pause in hiring me.

3 Comments

Senior Associate

How do you interview for a position when you are under-qualified based on seniority but not based on skills? I currently serve as a senior associate for a reputable consulting firm, and I have an interview for an associate director position. However, I am just shy of the minimum YOE requirement included on the job application and relatively young (though I meet all of the other requirements). Any advice on convincing the hiring manager I am ready for a mid-level role?

0 Comments

EY

Had 4 behavioral interviews for a position last week. Last Friday (which was the last of the four interviews), the interviewer spent most of the interview selling me on the job and didn't ask me any questions. She ended the interview by saying she thinks I am confident and would be a great fit for the role. I took this as a good sign but giving it's 2023 you never truly know. Has anyone ever had an interviewer do something similar and not gotten the job?

7 Comments

Glassdoor has 207 test IO reviews submitted anonymously by test IO employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if test IO is right for you.