xTuple Reviews

Updated Oct 27, 2019

3.2
xTuple President and CEO Ned Lilly (no image)
Ned Lilly
  1. "Great learning environment"

Current Intern - Internship in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at xTuple for less than a year

Pros

People are nice and helpful. Learning a lot about the software industry. Hope to continue working remotely when I go back to school in fall.

Cons

Can't think of any thing.

xTuple2018-06-15

"Bad communication. Lack of direction. Lack of SMEs. Lack of leadership."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I worked at xTuple full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to go see the Marvel movies.

Cons

Communication is poor. There is a lack of direction and no one to answer questions when seeking clarification. There is no attempt for employee betterment. Raised issues are ignored until they blow up and then it crashes on the person who had been raising the issues. You won't be informed that there are problems with enough time to do anything to correct them before you are let go. Avoid!

xTuple2019-10-27
  3. "Working Remote"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at xTuple full-time for more than a year

Pros

The team at xTuple is strong and talented. They work well together to deliver technology to small to mid sized manufactures and distributors. I worked remotely with customers and the team in Norfolk, which went well.

Cons

Working remotely and with open source products had their challenges.

xTuple2018-06-07

June 11, 2018VP Marketing

Thanks for your review. Your feedback helps us as we re-evaluate company-wide remote work options. It's really tough to stay connected if you don't have the opportunity for more than the occasional face-to-face "water cooler" time.

"Quality Company. Passionate About their Technology."

4.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at xTuple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Got to work with a wide variety of technology and learn about different industries and their implementations of the software. During my time at xTuple I had two children and an international move with my family. I cannot say enough about how crucial it was to work for an employer that was so solid in their support of their employees. The culture here is phenomenal.

Cons

Pay may be a bit less than larger software companies.

xTuple2018-03-12
  5. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at xTuple full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fantastic frequent teambuilding activities. Competent developers really know their field. Laid back atmosphere.

Cons

Communication is weak and inconsistent. Goals for new products change too quickly and without adequate communication. Close the **** back door.

xTuple2017-08-16
  6. "Making a meaningful impact rather than clocking hours"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at xTuple full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Life-long learning encouraged, room to grow professionally for those willing and able to step-up, strong self-management rewarded. Great environment for solely virtual or combination of office/remote. It's not work; it's a career. Customers and resellers are a big resource for new staff, because they see the value of the product(s) and the company's mission.

Cons

If you're not a self-starter and have to be told what to do, then this isn't the place for you. Jump in feet-first!

xTuple2017-06-07

"No future without intervention"

I worked at xTuple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Little, if any, guidance so you're free to work on whatever you want. Good sales and marketing staff. Decent salary.

Cons

See above. Horrible technology - think 1990's database application. Meandering product roadmap. CEO knows nothing about the technology or the customer and is without any form or concept of ethical behavior. Remaining technical staff are clueless with respect to functionality or modern application design - two massive failed attempts to port the application to web-friendly technologies. "Application Development" has become bug squashing.

xTuple2017-07-05

June 11, 2018VP Marketing

At xTuple, we value feedback - it's a core part of our open source roots; it's how change and innovation happen here; it's why we value a culture of self-management and professional growth. Thank you for the time you took to write a review; we're sorry that your experience did not match your expectations. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

"Terrible Company"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Norfolk, VA

I worked at xTuple full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Office Space and Location Interesting and Sharp Technical Staff Good Work/Life Balance Innovative Ideas and Unique Open Source Product mean good opportunities to expand.

Cons

-Disinterested and Unengaged management -Withholding of money owed to employees for extended periods of time, causing trouble with their personal finances and personal lives -Political and Cliquish environment among upper levels of management, leading to distrust across departmental lines and companywide infighting -Upper Management lying to employee's asking for pay owed to them (e.g Contracted Bonus' and Commission Pay).

xTuple2016-07-26

June 11, 2018VP Marketing

Thanks; your feedback is important to us as we strive to embrace our open source roots by building a culture of openness, transparency, flexibility and, as you mentioned, good work/life balance. This level of collaboration, and the responsibility it requires, isn't for everyone. We are purposely slow to hire and involve many of our team in the interview process for this very reason, to ensure your expectations - and ours - are met. Thanks again and best wishes for the future.

"Textbook Dysfunction"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Norfolk, VA

I worked at xTuple full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is decent, benefits are okay, hours are flexible. The Norfolk office is nice, with the opportunity to work remotely.

Cons

They have the revenue of a small startup, but the political infighting and bureaucratic befuddlement of a third world nation state. Nearly half of the company is managers.

xTuple2014-12-11

June 11, 2018VP Marketing

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, and we're sorry we didn't meet your career expectations. Through our quarterly all-hands meetings, company tech events, one-on-one meetings and all-access, open-door policy, we're working hard to facilitate communication. We have a fairly flat organization structure because we value all voices in decision-making. We hope you find the right position to match your passions. Best wishes.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews