Express Scripts

ok so far

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Express Scripts

Pros

collaborative and hard working co workers
in my group. Happy to have the co workers that I do and looking forward to the future.

Cons

not really anything to complain about other than pay is lower than most other comparable positions in midwest

936 Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts (View Most Recent)

Great patients, bad co-workers.

Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Saint Marys, GA
    Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Saint Marys, GA

I worked at Express Scripts

Pros

Steady hours, pay for performance, good wages, clean environment, and I liked helping patients understand their benefits and assist them with their pharmaceutical needs. The computer system was well laid out.

Cons

Not allowed to read during extreme down time, even during holidays when you get maybe 8 calls, the coworkers are very touchy, but feel the need to discuss personal issues during breaks and be treated with sugar coated sympathy when asking an opinion. They do overall changes of hours that is based on time there not performance.

Team leads are well informed and active with their PCAs, and QA is almost there, but upper management is completely disconnected from the PCAs, and that needs to change.

Sweatshop full of suck ups and brown nosers

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Express Scripts

Pros

ESI is in a great industry, they have very nice facilities. ESPP was very good, pay and benefits were adequate.

Cons

Before I started, a friend told me that he had heard the ESI was a sweat shop. After working there I would totally agree. Poorly architected solutions resulted in many hours of extra off hours support weekly. 3 years in, and I was moved to a different group and not honestly told what my job duties would be. I found out that they expected me to to spend 80% of my time supporting legacy technologies that I made a conscience effort 10 years earlier to move away from. Mgr said, if you are going to work at ESI, this is what you are going to do - end of discussion. HR was powerless to do anything to help. In addition, I found many employees to be suck ups and brown nosers, playing the game to gain favor of mgmt without regard to how they treat others.

Eliminate the culture where employees suck up and brown nose to get ahead. Implement programs for management and worker bees to recognize one another.

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts