Informatica

www.informatica.com
  www.informatica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Informatica

A great truly global company where I can grow myself - both professionally and personally.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

- The people - it's an opportunity to work with some of the smartest people
- The culture
- The values of the company and the people
- An opportunity to make a difference

Cons

Not many people outside of the IT field know about Informatica, however in today's world almost everyone is a part of "big data". We have an opportunity to make a huge difference in people's lives and we're not promoting our products enough.

As we grow to be a much bigger company, don't lose the personal touch - that's what makes this place a great place to be.

424 Other Employee Reviews for Informatica (View Most Recent)

An Awesome Place to Work

Current Employee - Human Resources in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

Too many reasons to list: Sr. Management; Support for innovation; Successful company; Extraordinary workforce; Truly global; Customer focus; Fair treatment

Cons

You need to know how to handle the autonomy and trust you will be given. If you like to be told what to do - you might want to work at Oracle. You also need to know how to manage your time - if you want to, we'll let you work 60 hours/week. If you don't want to, you manage expectations and stick to your guns and you won't. You might also find that it's hard to find things to complain about - we all like to have a gripe, but you really have to dig to find one here. : )

Your respect for your employees and your ability to choose other strong leaders makes you exceptional. Do more of what you are doing.

A fairly stable position in a stable company in an unstable industry

Current Employee - Marketing in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

* Stable senior management team
    * Logical acquisition strategy and strong financial position to continue making acquisitions
    * Flexibility in where and when work is performed
    * Generous compensation package and bonuses

Cons

* Unfocused marketing strategy and outdated marketing organization structure
    * Lack of innovation, creativity, risk-taking, follow-through in marketing
    * Cramped and inconvenient located office space
    * Few or no opportunities for career advancement

Leadership means identifying a clear goal, putting the organizational structure in place to achieve that goal, staffing that organization with confident and competent people, and executing on that goal, task by task. Don't solicit ideas for improvement and then "go dark." Follow through on your commitments to your team. There's a lot of untapped talent in your organization. Clear the dead wood, and you'll find it.

There are newer employer reviews for Informatica